Champion trike accent panels "running boards"
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Champion trike accent panels "running boards"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Champion trike accent panels "running boards"

I have a 02 1800 Illusion blue wing, and I am in the process of deciding on a trike kit. I have worked my way the champion (1) and csc (2). My question to anyone who has personal knowledge about the asscent panels (running board) as I see them. I haven't seen any panels in person only on the net and wing world.

They look really thin compared to the others "csc / lehman etc". If you know....how strong do they seem to be, when installed do they look like they really belong on the wing.

In advance I thank you for your time in responding to my inquirey.

Roy Gordon, okc, ok... ok-s gwrra 168656
    How Old would you be if you didn't know how Old you were? "Sachal Page"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Roy, contact hatfieldmotorsports in Iowa. Pete can help you out. Sorry, don't have contact information.

Dwight
    2010 CanAm Spyder RT-S

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Roy,

I made the decision and went with Champion this weekend. Kit is supposed to be ordered today. Getting to your question, I have helped a friend build both Motor Trike and Champion kits, and I don't think the running boards on any of the kits are good for much more than looks. They all seem pretty thin to be placing to much weight on. With that said, I did order a set for mine, I think they give any kit a finished look.
    Jim
    Las Vegas, NV
    GWRRA Nevada A
    Vegas Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Royg, I have the Accent Panels on my Champion and really like them. The two extra large yellow running lights in the front help on being visible. Plus, I am 6'2", 290lbs and the foot peg location on the wing was causing me to get cramps in my legs. I took the pegs off and put my feet on the Accent Panels when RIDING ONLY. I do not step on the panels to mount or dismount, just rest my feet on them. I can still reach the brake and shifter with no problem and because of the foot/brake pedal angle, am able to get more pressure on the pedal. I put some matching color (white) non-slip shower strips on the panels to protect the paint and stop any slipping that might occur under my feet.
    Bill & Sandy Hatfield
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    2005 White w/2005 Champion Trike
    http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default running boards

motor trike calls thim aqua shields, i build MT , i stand 6ft and 250 is my weight. i can stand and even rock the trike on thim. just a little info jim. mid states trikes, interlaken ny

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

SMSgtE8 I have sent you a PM question.

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Running Boards

I jump up and down on mine and they better not break. I'll bet it is the same way on all Trike running boards.

Art

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Roy, if you are in OKC, surely you know about Ron's Trikes, Trailers, & Accessories. They are at 1415 Council Rd. They do CSC, Champion, and Hannigan trike conversions.

Just talked to him Friday, and he showed me the trikes and lower boards and other stuff. Go see him. Great guy, very friendly and helpful.
    '08 Pearl White CSC
    '04 Black GL1800
    '04 Black Escapade Elite

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trike Running Boards

We have a GL1800/Hannigan conversion. My husband weighs about 200 lbs. and says you can stand, jump and anything else on the Hannigan floorboards! They do not bend, flex, or give. They have non-slip rubber matting on them too, but we are changing that to rubber matting we like the looks of just a little better.

We highly recommend the Hannigan conversion AND their floorboards!

Lou & Jo Anne

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.