Trailer hitch flag mount
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trailer hitch flag mount

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trailer hitch flag mount

Sure would like to find a trailer hitch flag mount, either plans, one for sale or a source for one.

Thanks!!
    D.L. Jansen
    MSG MPC RET
    C.O.P. RET

"My Rides over the years"
    "62" HD
    "56" Vincent
    "48" HD (Tank shifter w/rev Suicide clutch)
    "78" Susy 750
    "80" Susy
    "84" GW 1200 Aspy
    "92" GW 1200
    "85" GW 1200 Aspy
    "02" GW 1800
    "07" GW 1800 "Blue Max" (Turning into Trike now)
    "92" HD FHLS "Electra Glide" Added to stable

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

wingstuff.com has them.
    07 Goldwing Nebulous Black Champion Trike

Post Thanks / Like
    Jerry

We're pulling for you Bev

Life is Good!!!

2006 Black GL1800 TE CSC Cobra Trike - "Black Pirate III"
    AMA - LIMNCS #62

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BlkPirate! I've recently joined PGR, and was sweating the large parade flag. Seems like it's almost mandatory. Now I just need to get the towing hitch, and the flag holder.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done a number of PGR missions and have seen a lot of different flag holders. I think you can have someone fabricate one for you fairly cheap, they aren't complicated. I would want the pole holder longer than what Jerry linked you to to keep the pole from possibly bending.

The ones I liked had places for up to 3 flags to give you more options of flags.
    Twyn

'61 Wife
    '80 Son
    '92 Daughter
    '95 Son
    '03 Illusion Blue
    IBA #23569
    Hoop It Up Embroidery
    Hoopitupemb@Charter.net

"I'm living for the moment when time will be no more." - The Booth Brothers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twyn
    I've done a number of PGR missions and have seen a lot of different flag holders. I think you can have someone fabricate one for you fairly cheap, they aren't complicated. I would want the pole holder longer than what Jerry linked you to to keep the pole from possibly bending.

The ones I liked had places for up to 3 flags to give you more options of flags.
    This one also has 3 Flag holders...I also use a bungee around each flag pole then to the Helmet holders to help stop the bending...
    Jerry

We're pulling for you Bev

Life is Good!!!

2006 Black GL1800 TE CSC Cobra Trike - "Black Pirate III"
    AMA - LIMNCS #62

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I might add to this one that if you have never riden with large Flags behind the Wing, start with one and work your way up from there. The front of the Wing tends to get very light with the Flags flying at speed. Don't ask how I know this. I've been on 80 plus PGR Missions as Okla State Captain.
    My GPS says "Estimated Arrival Time." I see "Time to Beat."

Jerry
    '06 Dark Red Wing, '02 Burple VTX-R
    PGR Member #168
    South Central
    Regional Ride Captain
    OK-TX-AR-MO-KS
    IBA# 28658
    US Army Airborne '74/'77

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the mount from Rivco. Rivco.com
    I drilled the center hole of the three flag bar that they sell, and bolted that directly to the hitch bar. Then used two chrome shower rods as the flag poles, which I had to cross cut the bottom to allow them to compress and fit into the sockets, which are bolted to the flag bar. Gives me the ability to fly two flags.
    '07 Wing, Navi and Comfort 103k+ miles as of Nov 2010
    Russell Day Long,Texelant Bar, Farkle Shelf, Fuel Cell, SPOT, PIAA 1100's.....

pbird49

Where do you get flag poles? I could make one from a shower pole, but would like to see what else is offered for bikes.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flag Holders and Poles

I have designed a very nice flag pole. However, I haven't developed the cost yet. I need to find out if there is any interest before I consider making any more. This is a very well made and nice looking pole which looks good on the bike.

Here is the basic information:
    This is a 6 Ft segmented pole. There are three 2 Ft sections which assemble with quick release stainless steel ball pins. The disassembled pole will just fit into the 1800s saddlebag.

I used 1.25" dia. X .125" wall aluminum tubing and had it black hardcoat anodized. I have tested the pole to 55 mph with no problem and believe 65 mph will be well within it's capability. However, my flag needs reinforced before I test it any faster.

I am out of town right now, but will be back by the first of the week. I can then send pictures to anyone who may have an interest and add you to an update list if you want.

As for the mount, I bought the Rivco mount from WingStuff, but was disappointed when I saw their note which stated that it was not to used in speeds in excess of 25 mph! I have made a temporary mount from aluminum angle which looks good, but has not been anodized yet. I am trying to figure out how I might be able to offer this as a standard off the shelf item. This mount can also be seen in some of the photos I took. I did use the pole receiver from Rivco, but will make my own from aluminum and have it anodized black when I get the chance.

Anything I put on my bike I want to look like it belongs there and add to the bike's looks. That's the criteria I use when I design my stuff. I only design stuff for myself and then, if I think others will like it, I make it available. These are not mass market products.
    2006 GL 1800 Dark Red

Patriot Guard Rider (PGR)- GWRRA

Semper Paratus- Have Wing Will Travel

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.