GL1800Riders Forums banner

Headlights

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  KDiersing 
#1 ·
The headlights on my 2010 are messed up. With the lights on I have one light on bright and one on low . I switch to brights and everything is bright. I just noticed it riding yesturday with a group.

KenD

#7 ·
Left bright is hard wired to the start switch. Right bright is through the HI relay. Both lo are through the LO relay. Brights are two different circuits and lo runs on one other circuit.

#9 ·
A wiring mixup problem would be unlikely to fix what you describe..
..else the condition would reverse when you put the high beams on.

Are you sure you just don't have one dim lowbeam and one bright lowbeam?
... that is very common and can be helped by re-aiming the dim one.

Dennis

#10 ·
lights

I'm going to guess that the lights are all right. When my riding buddy is behind me I sometimes see only one of his low beams. The 1st time I noticed it, I radioed him that he had a low beam out (he had just gotten an 1800). He said that he had thought that I had too, but realized that you just don't see them both sometimes. I'm a little surprised that someone hasn't already said this.:shrug:

Richard

#12 ·
When on dim are both of the inner bulbs lit up?
The outter ones are the brights.

#16 ·
headlight modulator

That's why I run during the day with brights on. I at least want a fighting chance on the road. My 2010 has the same problem.
I use a Kisan headlight modulator - much-much better than just having the headlights on high all the time.

#17 ·
The dealer had the bike all day. They say everything is normal checked with a piece of cardboard. I notice the headlight adjuster on the left fairing is turned down . It did help but when I have time I need to fine tune it. Thank's to everyone for thier replys
KenD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.