GL1800Riders Forums banner

Airhawk inflation

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  SLOWDOG 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I just purchased a used Airhawk cushion (not an Airhawk 2). Of course, it came without instructions. I need to know what they recommend when it comes to inflation.

Could one of you help me out?

Thanks,

Bill

#2 ·
That is up to you, depends, on if you have a large padded butt or a skinny boney butt. Lol!!

Generally air it up so as when you sit on it the top and bottom of the pad will almost but not quite touch.

Less air is better.

You can also vary the amount of air in it, turn it around, put the large part forward for thigh support on a long run and so on.

No set amount, just play with it till it suits you. But generally less is better.

#3 ·
Kit has it right. Just enough air to let your bottom float above the seat.
Too much and you will feel like you are sitting on a balloon :eek:.
Too little and you feel the seat.

I recently tried Bartmans solution, a 8" garden tire tube in the cover from a wal-mart gel pad.

For me, this has been the best seat pad yet.

I have both the Airhawk and the Freedom Air.

:cool: Don

#5 ·
Just a smidgen. mine has been holding air for 3 years now with out adding any. Great product.

#7 ·
Phenomenal Product! And I agree that the less air the better. Too much air and you sort of roll around above the saddle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.