FYI - How to update your NAVI to the latest everything - Page 37
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1390

Thread: FYI - How to update your NAVI to the latest everything

Seasoned Member Cabernet Red 06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default navi update

I have a Canadian version wing...I updated mine last year to 4.50.....I had to do the forced update to install as it didn't just plug and play like the US model did...now my question is this...is there any other Canadians that have installed 4.60 after already having 4.50 on, and did it update without having to do the forced update procedure ?

Scott
    2006 Cabernet Red

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cabernet Red 06 View Post
    I have a Canadian version wing...I updated mine last year to 4.50.....I had to do the forced update to install as it didn't just plug and play like the US model did...now my question is this...is there any other Canadians that have installed 4.60 after already having 4.50 on, and did it update without having to do the forced update procedure ?

Scott

Yes! Usually when you do an update with the same version series, 4.xx or 2.xx, the update file will be recognized and the update will proceed without doing the 'forced update' procedure.

Post Thanks / Like

I just installed the latest Garmin update. It has firmware version 4.60. Is that the latest? As a side question, I have a Zumo 550 and have the latest 2012 maps in my mapsource. Can I use this to update the goldwing maps to the latest?

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TPXX View Post
    I just installed the latest Garmin update. It has firmware version 4.60. Is that the latest? As a side question, I have a Zumo 550 and have the latest 2012 maps in my mapsource. Can I use this to update the goldwing maps to the latest?
    Nah. Use the Honda built-in GPS mounting hole for a cupholder and mount the Zumo on the handlebar.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Original instructions updated

I finally updated the original instructions with more current info. Hope this helps. Rainman
    "Um..I'm a vwery good dwiver. Yeah. "
    Jeremy Whitehead
    Iron Butt Association # 49219

Traxxion Mega-Monty

The photo is of me standing in the radio operators compartment of a B17G bomber while in flight over Oshkosh, WI.
    The top hatch was stowed and that's my head sticking out through the top of the aircraft.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Canadian bike with firmware 2.21. I succesfully update to 4.60 without force firmware. The 4.60 installed just by turning on the bike and then inserting the update into the gps unit. Took about 3 min then put the 2012-40 maps and 100% working
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lenrage; 04-14-2012 at 03:30 AM.
    Honda GL1800 ABS 2009
    Audio/Confort/Navi

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Those who are frustrated and/or disgusted with the over priced, underperforming and hard to live with Honda GPS may take some solace in the fact that those installed in high end cars are at least as worthless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lenrage View Post
    I have a Canadian bike with firmware 2.21. I succesfully update to 4.60 without force firmware. The 4.60 installed just by turning on the bike and then inserting the update into the gps unit. Took about 3 min then put the 2012-40 maps and 100% working
    Cool...good info. You think I should put that in the 1st page instructions?
    Jeremy Whitehead

Traxxion Mega-Monty

The photo is of me standing in the radio operators compartment of a B17G bomber while in flight over Oshkosh, WI.
    The top hatch was stowed and that's my head sticking out through the top of the aircraft.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want Rainman

THe only downside of this upgrade is that Canadian bikes from 206-2010 have a CF card. That I am sure you guys did know that by now. Our bikes has french and english audio end setup files. Mine was setup in FRENCH since I am from Quebec.

After this upgrade, the audio is still in French but the menu and option of the GPS are in english and there is no option to change it. So I am stuck with menu in english and audio prompt in french. That is the only inconvenient of upgrading but I get the upadated maps and kept my french audio, wich I am happy with it.

Hope there will be another upgrade for french canadian bike, but the way Garmin has handle all this, I doubt it
    Last edited by Lenrage; 04-14-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Honda GL1800 ABS 2009
    Audio/Confort/Navi

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they want to get the english version fully functional before they tackle the french version.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems that this latest version is working properly. Called garmin and Honda a few weeks back and they don t know what I am talking about

On second tought, after 4.60, anybody experience that the maps streets names are constantly changing rapidly while driving. Kiinda blinking all the time, like the re is too mane names for the size of the map and it keep updating to show all of them. Not a downside since it works perfectly but just to know if it is only doing this on mine
    Honda GL1800 ABS 2009
    Audio/Confort/Navi

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default zoom level

Well it seems that this latest version is working properly. Called garmin and Honda a few weeks back and they don t know what I am talking about

On second tought, after 4.60, anybody experience that the maps streets names are constantly changing rapidly while driving. Kiinda blinking all the time, like the re is too mane names for the size of the map and it keep updating to show all of them. Not a downside since it works perfectly but just to know if it is only doing this on mine
    Try zooming out a click or two. You might be causing it to refresh too often by the ratio of speed to zoom detail.
    Just a thought...
    bbc

Post Thanks / Like

Mine did that the other day when I was zoomed in close enough to see all the streets as I approached them. Other than that all seemed to work fine.

Dan
    2007 dark blue Navi
    Traxxion "Mega Monty"
    IBA #54656

Post Thanks / Like

Thats nice that you didn't have to do the forced update like I did...now that I have 4.50 installed, I hope that when I install 4.60 that it will install freely...hope to do that shortly when I get the bike out of storage...then I'm also going to change the air filter and adjust the cruise control...ride safe....

Scott
    2006 Cabernet Red

Post Thanks / Like

anyone know the part number for the latest update of the navigator software? I am running 4.60 firmware.

BAN THE WINGLESS TROLLS! You know who you are!!

2008 Titanium GL1800
    Darkside Rider #528
    Bridgestone 709
    Kumho ECSTA RF 195/55/16 Summer, 35psi w/dynabeads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jellyspapa View Post
    anyone know the part number for the latest update of the navigator software? I am running 4.60 firmware.
    Hi....4.60 is the latest firmware if thats what you're asking....and as stated below, the current mapset is 2012.4....ride safe...

Scott
    Last edited by Cabernet Red 06; 04-17-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    2006 Cabernet Red

Post Thanks / Like

The latest update of the Garmin maps is 2012.40 as of April 17th, 2012
    Jeremy Whitehead

Traxxion Mega-Monty

Post Thanks / Like

I rec the new card for my 07 from Garmin about 2 weeks ago. Had some trouble getting it to load in the bike. The part number was 010-10678-50. There are some problems with the software. If you try to enter St. Louis for example, there is no option to enter the ( . ) If you enter the ST and then hit the space bar, the unit will re-boot. It seems to be like that for any city like St.Louis, St.Augustine, ect. When I called Garmin, they told me they were aware of the problem, but didnt offer to refund my money. I guess it was because the maps were still newer than the original maps. However,those maps are at least 2 years old. And that was according to the Garmin rep. To say the least, I was a little disapointed in the "update". The firmware number on the info screen shows 4.60 as well so I guess it is the latest one at this time.
    Iron Butt # 25888

SS1000
    SS2000
    SS2000K
    SS5000

DS # 1178

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day View Post
    I rec the new card for my 07 from Garmin about 2 weeks ago. Had some trouble getting it to load in the bike. The part number was 010-10678-50. There are some problems with the software. If you try to enter St. Louis for example, there is no option to enter the ( . ) If you enter the ST and then hit the space bar, the unit will re-boot. It seems to be like that for any city like St.Louis, St.Augustine, ect. When I called Garmin, they told me they were aware of the problem, but didnt offer to refund my money. I guess it was because the maps were still newer than the original maps. However,those maps are at least 2 years old. And that was according to the Garmin rep. To say the least, I was a little disapointed in the "update". The firmware number on the info screen shows 4.60 as well so I guess it is the latest one at this time.
    Thanks for the info. I just picked up an '07 last weekend and was thinking of shelling out the $95 for the update, but now I think I won't.

Post Thanks / Like

I installed Garmin MapSource City Navigator North America NT V2011 (FULL VERSION) on my pc and registered it to my garmin nuvi 650....can i still download the maps to my 2008 goldwing cif card and it work?

2008 Titanium GL1800
    Darkside Rider #528
    Bridgestone 709

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I installed Garmin MapSource City Navigator North America NT V2011 (FULL VERSION) on my pc and registered it to my garmin nuvi 650....can i still download the maps to my 2008 goldwing cif card and it work?

Yes and No
    No - If you transfer the file the way it is to a card for your navi, the unit will be unable to use it because it is locked from that unit.

Yes (or at least maybe) - You can phone Garmin and get an unlock code for a price and then unlock the map data to your navi using the ID number or the serial number.

With having to pay for an unlock code, I would suggest that you wait a few weeks for CNNA 2013.10 to come out and buy that. The price won't be much different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MacWing View Post
    Yes and No
    No - If you transfer the file the way it is to a card for your navi, the unit will be unable to use it because it is locked from that unit.

Yes (or at least maybe) - You can phone Garmin and get an unlock code for a price and then unlock the map data to your navi using the ID number or the serial number.

With having to pay for an unlock code, I would suggest that you wait a few weeks for CNNA 2013.10 to come out and buy that. The price won't be much different.
    Thanks.........i just found out the answer earlier today with the "unable to unlock maps" screen on bootup of bike gps..........oh well........at least my nuvi 650 is updated.

2008 Titanium GL1800
    Darkside Rider #528
    Bridgestone 709

Post Thanks / Like

Default help software required

Hi
    I am looking for software version 2.20 or 2.30 (Europe) (For 2008 Model)
    can any one please help

a link would be nice or better still a e-mail

thanks
    Last edited by D GREEN; 05-01-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    1999 1500 se x two tone green U.S
    2002 1800 A2 illusion red U.K
    2003 1800 A3 candy red U.K
    2005 1800 A5 bloodstone U.K
    2007 1800 A7 cabernet red U.K
    2008 1800 A8 Pearl White U.S
    2012 1800 A12 Pearl Fadeless White U.K

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sw update for canadian

Maybe you should use the eu
    version 2.60which also includes french language.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hanspi59 View Post
    Maybe you should use the eu
    version 2.60which also includes french language.
    Hi does any one have a copy of the european version as quoted above (2.60)
    would really appreciate it.

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I am still looking for software version 2.20 or 2.30 (Europe) (For 2008 Model)

or any european software

A link would be nice or better still a e-mail

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got the bike out of storage yesterday....(changed the air filter...fun job !!)...updated the navi to 4.6, and put on 2012.4 maps....FINALLY after many years, the navi system has current maps !!!...ride safe...

Scott
    2006 Cabernet Red

Post Thanks / Like

Default cannot unlock maps

This is my first post on this site so please be gentile. Here is my situation. I read the first few pages of this thread and then started skimming through the 1000+postings to try to find answers to my problem.
    2008 wing with navigation. All computer work is done with a Mac.
    I was able to upgrade the firmware to 4.6 with no problems. Maps are City Navigator v8 but trying to upgrade to latest greatest. Purchased Full Coverage Garmin City Navigator North America NT MicroSD / SD Card from Discount GPS Store for $59 (http://www.d-gps.com/servlet/the-632...FQcEnQodDG6iWw). Thought I would download from the SD card to computer desktop and then put it on CF card to use in the wing.

The software did not come with an unlock code that I can find and I can't seem to get the maps unlocked online from Garmin (don't know how to do it I am missing something)

Tried making a duplicate copy of the old CF card (v onto another 2 gig CF card but the wing will only take the maps from the old card. The backup (or new)
    card only gets the message "cannot unlock maps"
    Tried copying the new maps onto the old card but still get "cannot unlock maps"
    Put the old maps (v back on the old CF card and it works fine.

What am I doing wrong?
    how do I unlock maps?

Help Please!!

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glennjames View Post
    This is my first post on this site so please be gentile. Here is my situation. I read the first few pages of this thread and then started skimming through the 1000+postings to try to find answers to my problem.
    2008 wing with navigation. All computer work is done with a Mac.
    I was able to upgrade the firmware to 4.6 with no problems. Maps are City Navigator v8 but trying to upgrade to latest greatest. Purchased Full Coverage Garmin City Navigator North America NT MicroSD / SD Card from Discount GPS Store for $59 (http://www.d-gps.com/servlet/the-632...FQcEnQodDG6iWw). Thought I would download from the SD card to computer desktop and then put it on CF card to use in the wing.

The software did not come with an unlock code that I can find and I can't seem to get the maps unlocked online from Garmin (don't know how to do it I am missing something)

Tried making a duplicate copy of the old CF card (v onto another 2 gig CF card but the wing will only take the maps from the old card. The backup (or new)
    card only gets the message "cannot unlock maps"
    Tried copying the new maps onto the old card but still get "cannot unlock maps"
    Put the old maps (v back on the old CF card and it works fine.

What am I doing wrong?
    how do I unlock maps?

Help Please!!
    From what I can make out, you have bought an SD card with map data. This data is unlocked to the card serial number and will only be able to be read when using this card. Unfortunately, your navi unit requires a CF card. The serial number of this card will not be the same as the SD card that you have. Result, the navi is unable to unlock the map data.
    You have already found out that the original map data will only be read from your original card that it came with.

My suggestions to minimize your expenses and get things working would be to use the purchased SD card in another Garmin unit that needs an updated map, sell the card to someone that can use it or give it to a friend who you owe a favor.
    Then, go back to your gps store, or Garmin and buy CNNA 2013 (should be available sometime soon with their version/release dates) map dvd that includes an unlock code. Install this on your computer and then using your navi ID# or serial number, unlock this to your navi unit on a CF card.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue. I called Garmin and they told me to try a forced reset and they e-mailed me the instructions.

1) Eject the card
    2) You will need to take the Nav unit off the wall in the trunk but do not disconnect any cables.
    3) There is a small hole in the unit which can be accessed after removing from the wall.
    4) Press and hold the reset switch. (I used a paper clip)
    5) Turn ignition switch on.
    6)You will get on the screen the word "holding"
    7) Insert the new card into the unit.
    You should then see on the unit Loader and Updating from Memory card.
    9) Now you may release the reset button.

Be careful with the reset button. I have heard of people breaking it off, then you will have a new set of problems.
    This will require 2 people to get this done since you cannot press and hold the reset switch and turn the key on at the same time.
    Good luck!
    I should also mention that the 1st card that I got was bad, but Garmin sent me a 2nd card. You can also try putting in the original card and see if the re-loads on its own. Mine did, so I had that again until the replacement card showed up.

I did exactly what you said to do and it still didn't work. I got the "holding" but then wouldn't go any further..... any other options other than going to the dealer?
    Mayor Hal
    Michelin Alpin Primacy PA3 ZP 195-55-16

Darksider#933 80,000 (s)miles & counting!
    08 GL1800 Pearl White
    12 GL1800 Pearl White
    Prowler #23

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.