GL1800Riders Forums banner

My First GoldWing/ New to GL1800Riders

3K views 46 replies 44 participants last post by  UGALUGGA 
#1 ·
Hello to the forum! I am a first time Goldwing Owner/Rider, I've had Harleys for years, but I'm interested in taking long and short trips in a new kind of comfort. The 31st of June, I bought a 0 mile 2010 Pearl Yellow ABS Wing from Southern Honda in Chattanooga, TN. I rode it home, Have @ 850 miles and getting to know my new Friend. Im looking foreward to talking with the group, plus putting on miles with the wing. I'm located in Southern Indiana. Thanks, Ed

#10 ·
Welcome!

Most new GL1800 owners' next post will be "What accessories are absolutely necessary?". I will kill two birds with one post and start the list. My top accessory recommendation is a fork brace. It makes the biggest difference on these machines - especially in low speed parking lot handling -- but also on the highway.

Enjoy your new ride!

#12 ·
Hello to the forum! I am a first time Goldwing Owner/Rider, I've had Harleys for years, but I'm interested in taking long and short trips in a new kind of comfort. The 31st of June, I bought a 0 mile 2010 Pearl Yellow ABS Wing from Southern Honda in Chattanooga, TN. I rode it home, Have @ 850 miles and getting to know my new Friend. Im looking foreward to talking with the group, plus putting on miles with the wing. I'm located in Southern Indiana. Thanks, Ed
ED!!! I know that name. Welcome to the board. You can learn a lot here but you gotta seperate the fact from the fiction. lol. Congrates on your sweet ride. And maybe you can resolve the argument as to if yellow is the faster color.

#13 ·
:congrats: on your new Wing, and welcome to the Wingdom. You're gonna love your new Wing.

#15 ·
Welcome!

Most new GL1800 owners' next post will be "What accessories are absolutely necessary?". I will kill two birds with one post and start the list. My top accessory recommendation is a fork brace. It makes the biggest difference on these machines - especially in low speed parking lot handling -- but also on the highway.

Enjoy your new ride!
And the opposite view point is a fork brace is not needed and makes little difference for those of us not entering F1 Super bike races with our Wings.
To each his own. If you feel something helps or looks good get it!

#16 ·
new

Welcome Ed. There is a lot of information here. Most of it very good and some of it just good. As to farkels, you've owned motos before so you will know what you need. Some here want you to do what they did, but I reccommend you just put some miles on it for a while. Get a feel for it and sort through the differences of opinion here. It's fun just learning the characters. If you intend to do your own work, a set of Fred H's entertainment DVD's will help a lot. Hope to see on the road and congrats.

Richard

#18 ·
ED, congrats and welcome to the best forum on the internet. Lots of great information here and many good folks willing to jump in and lend a hand. Enjoy and ride safe.:thumbup:

#19 ·
Welcome to the forum. Great information and great people

#21 ·
30 days hath September...

Congratulations and Welcome!

All joking aside, I hope the paperwork on your purchase has a date which actually exists. Probably not a problem since most forms are computerized these days, but take a look just in case.

Enjoy that new Wing!

#24 ·
WELCOME to the forum, and :congrats: on your new bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.