GL1800Riders Forums banner

Wing Ding

5K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  Palmetto Rambler 
#1 ·
I am not much on the rally stuff... I had my fill of organizations, clubs and gatherings all the many years I rode Harley's. My question is if the Wing Ding is worth $22 to see the vendors for a day pass? I hate to pay to get an opportunity to buy something. I ride solo to 3 or 4 other riders max. I have been in the groups over the years with too many inexperienced riders. I do enjoy a good meal and sharing experiences so I am not totally unsociable ;)

Just wondering what would be worth my time if I decide to go since I have never been.

#29 ·
I prefer Dissatisfied Enthusiast. Chronically Disgruntled is so terminal. :doorag:

Webster your reply Safely. :lol: As my best friend in the whole wide world would say.

:D whatever floats your boat, Fred! I'm not sure that 'Webster' is a verb, however...

Dis-satisfactorily enthuse safely.

#38 ·
Wind Ding vendors

I don't mind going to bike rally's and such but for me to pay $44 for my wife and I to see vendors is a bit much. Used to be you could go to an event, find the vendor you want and they would even install your product you bought. Since I can buy an item on the internet and install it, it just does not make sense to PAY to BUY something. You would think they would want people to visit the vendors and especially the vendors would want customers. oh well...

#41 ·
Heh, If I could have gotten a month off, I would loved to have gone to Knoxville for WingDing! The ride alone would have been worth the trip! I can only hope it returns west for next year . . .

#42 ·
#43 ·
... Ding

I'm going for three days with some friends. Thursday I'm going to ride over to the Devil's Triangle. Friday, I'm riding up to Cumberland Gap. Saturday, I'm riding up into Kentucky and using some of pidjones' roads. Guess I'll miss the vendors, the parade, the talent show, the seminars, and the opening and closing ceremonies. To each his own. I'll ride back with everyone on Sunday if they don't do the Interstate all the way home. Just sayin'.

PR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.