GL1800Riders Forums banner

Pirelli Euphori pics

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Badboyjb156 
#1 ·
On another thread, I had mentioned that a buddy's Pirelli had some wires sticking out of the sidewall. Here are the pics.

If you look real close on the pic below, you can see a couple wires sticking out of the rubber.

Tread from 26,000 mile Euphori. Not quite to the wear bar, and yes it has the stripe mentioned in the other thread.

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting. Thanks for the pictures.
I don't care what is wrong with that tire, after 26,000 safe, reliable miles I think it has served him well. It has earned it's retirement.
MM

#3 ·
I do not believe all I see on the internet. The problems with that tire should have been observed and the tire discarded long before it got to that point.

Experience would simply tell me that tire was run low on air at some point in its life.

I think most tires be it a round one or a square one, that develop that kind of damage have been run low on air.

In any event, average life for most of us with the Pirelli or Kum..........hoo is about 10K and we would see little wires poking out because we do look at the tires before we ride them.

#4 ·
Kit, the rider reported that a wobble had developed just recently. Tire pressure when removed was 36 psi, so I don't think low pressure was the issue.

#6 ·
I've seen this before on front wheel drive auto's with alignment problems. None were ROF! I would say he got his moneys worth out of the tire! Must be those alphabet roads eating a tire up like that?

#7 ·
Looks like this one was well past the expiration date...:22yikes: Looking at the "If you look real close on the pic below, you can see a couple wires sticking out of the rubber" pic the distortion of the tread is what the first pic looked like a long time ago. Look at your tires more often is the lesson to be learned here. Does not matter if they are MT or CT, this tire never should have been ridden to this point....:eek:4:

#8 ·
I've seen this before on front wheel drive auto's with alignment problems. None were ROF! I would say he got his moneys worth out of the tire! Must be those alphabet roads eating a tire up like that?
Shh. We are tryin to keep them a secert . Next thing you know it will be like Daels Gap here in Wi.:lol:

#10 ·
I tried to upload a picture of new tread pics but could not get it to work. If you go to Tire Rack and look at the tread you will see that the edge of the tire has been wore out for a while and let it expose the belt. It is not just the wear bars in the center of the tire you should look at but if you run curves very much you need to check the Siping on the edges and when it is gone which was probably about 12,000 miles ago change the tire. Here is the link to the pic. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=eufori%40&partnum=955HR6EUFORI&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

#11 ·
Curtis, Why would he run 36 psi in a run flat? That is what I had in the first Perilli for about 6,000 mi and the middle started to show excessive wear. Lowered it to 30 the rest of the tires life.(18,000mi) I went down to Florida this past week for coffee and set the PSI 28 rear Perilli and 34 front on the stone. Was 3400 mile round trip. No wobble and less jarring in the front. Tho the Progressive spring I put in this spring helped.

#13 ·
Curtis, Why would he run 36 psi in a run flat? That is what I had in the first Perilli for about 6,000 mi and the middle started to show excessive wear. Lowered it to 30 the rest of the tires life.(18,000mi) I went down to Florida this past week for coffee and set the PSI 28 rear Perilli and 34 front on the stone. Was 3400 mile round trip. No wobble and less jarring in the front. Tho the Progressive spring I put in this spring helped.
Weight plays a huge factor on even wear. Trailer tongue weight also must be factored in if using trailer.

#14 ·
Copjr,

I think your buddy should check his tire a little more often. In fact, I'm going outside to doublecheck my Pirelli again, but it only has 15K on it so far. What do I have to worry about?

#15 ·
Dan,
It was my tire that Curtis is talking about. I check it routinely and it has never been ridden at low pressures. As the thread indicated, I was on a trip about 250 miles from home for a Chapter camp out. It was during this weekend riding that I felt the low speed wobble develop. After returning home and inspecting the tire, the separation was noticed. :eek:4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.