Slime Rebate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slime Rebate

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slime Rebate

Anyone ever get theirs? I got a letter and in it they changed the eligible dates. The letter says purchased between 11/15/07 and 12/12/07, but the rebate form (the one I have) says 12/13/07 to 1/09/08. I'll resend with the rebate form highlighted, but didn't know if I was the only one. TIA
    '05 CBC

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

My friend got his letter today also. He went to the AutoZone store and talked to the manager. The manager gave him his money. No questions asked!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default t

I haven't got mine either. When I bought my pump I made sure I had the later rebate form, the one with the newer rebate dates. I haven't heard a word. Any information on the letter you got as to the address or the web site so I can get in contact with them?
    DSCN0581

If you are born once you wil die twice.
    If you are born twice you will die once
    RETIRED AND LOVING IT !!

Post Thanks / Like

1 Big Orange.....the info was the same as on the rebate form:

Power Sport Tire Inflator-Dept 10
    P.O. Box 6177 rfl
    Douglas, AZ 82655-6177

No web site
    '05 CBC

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

this is the reply that I get :

RewardsByMail.com - Track Your Rebates

>> Track Rebates by Name, Address and Zip.

Enter your last name, address number and zip code to begin tracking your rebates. All three fields are mandatory and must match the information on your rebate submission.

Last Name
    Address Number ex: 123 in 123 Main Street, or 456 in PO Box 456
    Zip Code

NOTICE FOR COMPUTER WORLD (X2Gen) REBATE CUSTOMERS ONLY: Computer World (X2Gen) has filed for bankruptcy. As a result, we will not be able to process any Computer World rebate checks because we have not been provided with the necessary funds. We have been informed by the attorney for Computer World that they do expect to be able to release funds to fulfill your rebate. We do not know if and when this might occur. Please continue to check back for updates on the status of Computer World rebates.

Post Thanks / Like

Hugo......thank you for the reply, and welcome to the forum!!
    '05 CBC

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

To check your rebate try this web site www.rewardsbymail.com on the address if it is 7880 65 ave only put in 7880. On the form to track your rebate was wrong. Or you can try Vanessa@Slime.com she will help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default rebate

Mine still shows "in process"
    James

01 Illusion Red GL1800 Race Tech
    2003 Hannigan Europa

Dunlop 175/60/16 Wintersport
    ATGATT Because walking away in disgust is better than riding away in an ambulance!
    www.grahampage.info

Post Thanks / Like

Checked my rebate status.....info received, in process. This has been the same answer for the last 6 weeks.
    All rebates suck as far as I'm concerned. The store should give you the rebate and let them hassle with the vendor.
    Paul... Vietnam Vet, 65/66/67, We're not here for a long time, just a good time!, '04 Durango Red 45,000 smiles, '01 Illusion Red, 167,500 smiles-Sold 01/27/2011, Kwik Kamp Trailer, Patriot Guard Rider,
    Central CA.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats why I just got it from hal a go t10% off - F those rebates - I never had any luck and I think it's just to get your mailing address !!
    http://www.johnmcandrew.com
    2006 Black Nav
    2002 Suz Hayabusa
    1995 CBR600 Hurricain
    HID Conversion

Common sense is a terrible thing to waste

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewoo
    Thats why I just got it from hal a go t10% off - F those rebates - I never had any luck and I think it's just to get your mailing address !!
    +1.... They also do this(mail in rebates) so they don't have to pay out. Any excuse will do.. Give me the freaking rebate in the store at time of purchase...

Dreamer
    2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
    2007 Dark Orange (SOLD)

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewoo
    & PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no rebates for me either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..chuck
    chuck

2001 gl 1800 pearl blue

LIMNCS 1047

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slime Rebate

I have been going through this for a while also. I purchased two units on 1-3-08 and sent in the rebate forms. After someone posted the website to check on the rebate I went and found that there was no record of mine. I sent a letter to Slime and got a phone call from Vanessa Tolley and she said that the information I sent was fine (I did both units on one form) and she said that it showed okay on her end. I checked again a couple weeks ago and found the same information i.e. no record. I again emailed a copy of the previous letters and got an email back from a Sharon Naeve and said that she checked and she told the company to send me the money. In fact I got a letter from her on 2-22-08 and in today's mail I received ALL of my original paperwork back...rebate forms, duplicate of cash register receipt, copy of UPC codes...everything, along with a letter stating that I needed to resubmit the information again. I fired off another letter to Sharon Naeve and received a reply within five minutes saying to disregard the letter that my money would be coming in a few weeks. I also wrote to the rebate company, PFC, Slime Company etc. saying that my next letter would be to the BBB and to the Texas Attorney General's office of Consumer Fraud. Time will tell. I also said that a lot of people on this website were not happy with Slime as far as the games they were playing on the rebates. Don't offer great rebates to lure people in and expect them roll over.
    I will post it here when I get a check....or go to the Attorney General.
    Dan Drew IBA 49343
    If 10% is enough for Jesus then it should be enough for Uncle Sam

www.truelife.org

Strider

Well Dan , how's the General these days ?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get mine yet!!
    '05 CBC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slime Rebate

I received all of my forms back saying that they needed all of my forms...again?????? I sent an email and asked EXACTLY what was I supposed to send in and they replied with a list of what they required. I said that they sent everything that they required back to me and wanted me to send it in again. I told them to not bother because it was obvious they were running a scam and I would never buy another product from the Slime company and forwarded all of this information to the Slime company. I quickly got an answer from the rebate company to ignore the letter that they sent saying I would not get the rebate to which I replied "Which letter am I supposed to believe?"
    I received an email back that "THE CLIENT HAS SAID TO SEND YOU THE MONEY". I replied then why do I keep getting messages and letters saying that they would not pay but then she says they will. She said it will take several weeks to which I replied that I would believe it when the check was in my hand. I also said don't bother because they were just running a scam and I forwarded all of this again to the Slime company contact.

Still waiting. All correspondence is copied and waiting.
    Dan Drew IBA 49343

www.truelife.org

On Work Release @ Soggy South Orygun Coast
    Post Thanks / Like

Only rebates that are worth a darn are the ones at point of sale.

Happiness keeps you sweet, trials keep you strong, sorrows keep you human,
    failures keeps you humble, success keeps you glowing, but only God keeps you going

Seasoned Member Kevin&Stephanie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

just checked the web site again, says the rebate is "in process". I am not holding my breath.
    2007 Dark Red Wing/
    2013 CSC Cobra XL kit
    Darksider #233
    American Legion Riders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rebate

I just got this reply back about the rebate.

We are temporally behind in processing and mailing this offer at this time. You will be receiving your rebate. You can track the progress of this rebate by visiting the web site www.rewardsbymail.com it will show when we start to mail again.
    You are in the system for a $20.00 rebate. I am sorry for the delay.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience's and understanding.

Thank You

Sharon Naeve
    Consumer Service
    PFC
    PO Box 5444
    Clinton, IA. 52736
    Fax # (563)259-0110

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that I've ever seen a rebate deal that sux worse than this one!
    '05 CBC

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

IR HARRY wrote:
    Only rebates that are worth a darn are the ones at point of sale.
    AMEN

Every rebate program out there is a crapshoot - the company is playing the odds: some they pay, all they delay, and some they never pay for various bogus reasons. They boost sales of the product (for a short time) because they get the attention of the consumer with the ad campaign. They never seem to be bothered by the damage that is done to their reputation. The only way to approach it is to consider whether the product is worth the initial price without the rebate 'cause you aren't all that likely to ever get it.

'01 Wing

Strider

Ok so what does " Invalid request mean " , so says rewards by mail on mine.

I think I give up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slime Rebate

Invalid Request

Means that despite you doing everything that they say they require, they are going to try to get you to accept that and go away.

I am going to copy a bunch of these messages and forward them to Vanessa Tolley at the Slime company and let her know just how a bunch of customers feel. Maybe we can forward them to the President of the company.

This is just like labor negotiations...stall, stall, lie, stall, stall, lie
    Dan Drew IBA 49343

www.truelife.org

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked my rebate and it said 'mailed' !! We'll see and I will let you all know.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
    SPOT....
    http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4686
    IBA # 14476

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunh... Mine says "mailed", too...

Dave
    GWBBA #9
    =Dave=
    Old Dog Moto Works
    www.olddogmoto.com
    Prowler #97
    GWBBA #9

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, last night late mine still said "in process" now this morning it says "mailed"
    James

01 Illusion Red GL1800 Race Tech
    2003 Hannigan Europa

Dunlop 175/60/16 Wintersport
    ATGATT Because walking away in disgust is better than riding away in an ambulance!
    www.grahampage.info

Post Thanks / Like

Someone should take the information you are getting from Slime and forward it to your states attorney general or your states better business bureau? Sometimes just getting a phone call from either group, usually gets there butts in gear and stops some of the nonsense they are causing. Just an idea.
    2004 GL1800

Post Thanks / Like

mine said mailed this morning Friday the 14th

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed Vanessa...Vanessa emailed me back. She said that she will get it taken care of, and that this rebate is not working the way that Autozone or Slime had planned. I'll know soon
    '05 CBC

Strider

Quote Originally Posted by sammisgrammy
    I emailed Vanessa...Vanessa emailed me back. She said that she will get it taken care of, and that this rebate is not working the way that Autozone or Slime had planned. I'll know soon
    And her email address is ?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.