GL1800Riders Forums banner

Harrison gathering 2011

9K views 97 replies 48 participants last post by  loren 
#1 ·
I've gotten a lot of request from folks wanting details on the Harrison gathering. I know, I'm a slacker, should of done this already. As everyone that usually attends knows last year was Randy Brown's last year for putting on the event and I sort of got elected to carry on.

First I want to extend a great big heartfelt THANK YOU to Randy for all his hard work in years past to make this event the fun time that we have all come to enjoy. I do so hope you will still join us for some fun and riding.

After talking with everyone we decided to just keep things to a simple gathering. Let everyone do their own thing and just enjoy the riding, fellowships and BS sessions in the parking lot afterwards. If anyone wants to organise a ride, a supper run, a site seeing tour or anything else please feel free to do so.

The dates are October 6, 7th and 8th. or the second weekend in Oct. The motel is The Days Inn Harrison, 1425 hwy62/65 north, Harrison AR. 72601. Phone 870 391 3297. The rate for a single is $55.00 + tax. Tell them you are with the GL1800 group. Hope to see everyone there.

Are we there yet?

See less See more
#52 ·
Well, as bad as I hate to say it, it looks like I'm gonna have to miss it this year myself. Work has carried me out of state and I prolly won't be back home till around Christmas. Stay safe everyone and I sure am gonna miss seeing yall. I'm sure someone will step up and take the reins and make arrangements for 2012.

#55 ·
Well, as bad as I hate to say it, it looks like I'm gonna have to miss it this year myself. Work has carried me out of state and I prolly won't be back home till around Christmas. Stay safe everyone and I sure am gonna miss seeing yall. I'm sure someone will step up and take the reins and make arrangements for 2012.
Ricky, that is good your still gainfully employed, however, It just wouldnt be the same without a couple of your stories.

#57 ·
Harrison Gathering

My brother (Trouble) on his wee strom and I will be making the trip again this year. Really enjoyed the past two years and really looking forward to the fine folks and great riding again.

#63 ·
LUNCH INVITATION CANCELLED

Due to circumstances beyond our control...the State has begun another road construction project directly in front of our home. Access to our home is difficult at times as is, but with this construction it will be down right dangerous for motorcycles.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, but we will not risk the safety of fellow riders.

Larry & Rita Mitchell

:frown:

#65 ·
Rich is free to ride down there if he wants to! :) After all, I'm going to Germany without him in February.

#69 ·
Harrison

Been a while since I have made the Harrison Gathering. So I thought it was about time I show my face again. I had plans to be in and around Yellville this coming weekend but will move to the Gathering weekend instead. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I plan on arriving on Wednesday.

#74 ·
Reservations Made. Me, Kenny, Paul and George be there Friday early afternoon.

#76 ·
Just made our reservation, my wife JoAnn (Pipe Cleaner) and myself will be up Saturday. I hope her Black DN-01 will be OK at this GL1800 function.

For the gift participation, what price range is common? Is it like a dirty santa type deal? Who do we need to notify for the meal head count?
Notify Bandman about the head count for meal on Saturday night.

Gift exchange is usually $10 or so....doesn't have to be motorcycle related, according to the man running the show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.