G1 and G2 thread size? Fred H can you help?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G1 and G2 thread size? Fred H can you help?

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default G1 and G2 thread size? Fred H can you help?

I need to know the thread size for the G1 and G2 bolts. I have a ground issue and need to tap the holes out clean. Can any one help? I need to make sure I have the correct tap size.

Thanks
    Kenny

2005 GL1800 Blue w/2010 IRS Motor Trike
    2010 Escapade Elite Trailer
    You can never go wrong by doing what's right!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Been a while since I have been in there. To tell you the truth, I am not sure. It might be a M5, but I would need to check. It may be listed in the manual somewhere. If I can dig it up I will post it.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you get in there just sanding/grinding the paint off the frame around the bolt hole and adding some silicone to prevent future corrosion should do the trick. Another good idea is to run a heavy wire or ground strap from G1 to G2.
    Sam Jones - Frederick Maryland

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guy's. I got my top shelter off last night but haven't spent much time looking at getting the gas tank out. I might get time tonight to spend on it.

Kenny

2005 GL1800 Blue w/2010 IRS Motor Trike
    2010 Escapade Elite Trailer
    You can never go wrong by doing what's right!

Post Thanks / Like

To be as effective as possible, you need to run a tap in the holes and get every drop of used Loctite out. Don't reinstall Loctite when you put the new hardware in....add a star washer instead.

I have installed car audio and competed in car audio competitions for years. I'd be a little cautious on adding any additional ground straps as there is a chance you can induce noise into the audio system. Its easy to do.

our products available from Cyclemax, Direct Line Parts & Wing Stuff

>>>EC @ Facebook<<<

click the happy little link above for new product info, mediocre motorcycle news, funny pictures and updates from Nacho the Shop Cat.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.