Modified Goldwing exhaust.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Modified Goldwing exhaust.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Modified Goldwing exhaust.

I did it and ran it for a while. Sounded really Cool at Idle. I really like it under hard acceleration. But at cruising speed which is about 3000 t0 3300 for me, the drone was just not what I was looking for. So I made some parts to Plug the holes but are still removable. I have to admit, the silence is pretty Nice. Even though I come from riding Harleys.
    But I still wouldn't rag anyone for wanting the sportier sounding exhaust. I'm just going to ride silent for a while. I must be gettin OLD.
    05 30th Anniversary "The Dirty White Girl"

No Helmet wearing , Smoking, Drinking, Loud pipe, No Chrome, Radar Detector watching, Crush washer reusing Goldwing Rider.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Modified Goldwing exhaust.

I had cobra lowboys on my last bike and even with the baffles in they were loud. At first, I loved the loud sound especially when I hit the throttle. After sitting in the saddle for a few hours my ears would buzz and I would be fatigued. Now the only sound I hear is the woosh of the wind and my Ipod (which I can silence at any time) and, I love it. No more fatigue after a long ride. But, then again, I am old.........LOL

2008 Premium Audio

For Comfort: REG risers, Mic-O-Pegs model GQ, Utopia Backrest, grip puppies, Air Vent seat cushion, tunnel fillers, Baker hand, side and leg wings
    For Performance and Travel: Michelin Alpin Rear Tire, Rear Spoiler with Brake Flasher, All Balls Steering Bearing, Belly Pan, Kury Luggage Rack and Rack bag, Luggage Liners, Bike MP3 and CB, GPS, Intercom headsets, Traxxion springs and shock, Kury Fork Brace II
    Farkles: Just enough plastic chrome to add sparkle.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good exhaust should only accent the sound of the engine, not make it sound obnoxious. Listen to the straight pipes on a boss hoss, all you hear is the natural beautiful sound of a well engineered V-8, it is music to the ears. A lot of pipes people put on v-twins do not accent the sound of a v-twin, it is like putting an ice pick in your ear, sounds like crap. Nice pipes on a v-twin make the twin sound like it should.

Mike
    "Government is the only enterprise in the world which expands in size when its failures increase." Janice Rogers Brown

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting old beats the alternative

"Real" Big Dogs don't need to bark!

It's only an "Old Man's Bike" if you ride it like one.

IBA # 25105
    1000 in 24 (Certified
    1500 in 36 (Certified)
    1500 in 24 (Certified)

Darksider # 37
    Double Darkside (on the slab)
    Bridgestone Bias-ply G701

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo Bug Guy,
    I came from the same place ya came from, good place to leave and this is "the place to be". When I want to get that itch some I go borrow a buddy of mine's UC for a 30 minute spin and then remember why I do not ride those anymore period.

I ain't monkeyin' around with my Wing's exhaust for any reason, I love the fact I can ride as far as I want plus think while I'm doin' it and I'm cool because I'm comfortable, listenin' to my tunes and finally havin' the wife wantin' to ride almost as much as I do.
    Redneck Dave
    Retired Navy Chief havin' fun !!
    Anti-Chromer #30 DarkSider #136
    Conti ProContact SSR 195/55/16 32 PSI Lovin' it !!
    04 TimeOut Camper Trailer
    The Black Pirate has left us a message. Did you get it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer
    I had cobra lowboys on my last bike and even with the baffles in they were loud. At first, I loved the loud sound especially when I hit the throttle. After sitting in the saddle for a few hours my ears would buzz and I would be fatigued. Now the only sound I hear is the woosh of the wind and my Ipod (which I can silence at any time) and, I love it. No more fatigue after a long ride. But, then again, I am old.........LOL
    325 miles today, pulled into macs for rest. There was an 1800 with cobras with no baffles ready to leave. He put in the foam earplugs, started it up and left in a roar. If you want a Harley, buy one!
    2006 Red ABS
    "Traveling in a car is like watching a film...Riding a Goldwing is like starring in it."

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 06winger
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer
    325 miles today, pulled into macs for rest. There was an 1800 with cobras with no baffles ready to leave. He put in the foam earplugs, started it up and left in a roar. If you want a Harley, buy one!
    Thats cool , Its his bike and he can do what he wants to it. I'm sure I would have liked the the sound. I bet it sounded bad ass. I wouldn't want to have to use Earplugs to ride though.
    05 30th Anniversary "The Dirty White Girl"

No Helmet wearing , Smoking, Drinking, Loud pipe, No Chrome, Radar Detector watching, Crush washer reusing Goldwing Rider.

Seasoned Member
    Noblesville Indiana, 20 miles north of Indy
    Post Thanks / Like

"Silence is Golden!!"
    KB9EE

Post Thanks / Like

According to the neighborhood teens, mine sounds like a "Sewing Machine".

I feel great about it.....especially when I leave for work Sunday mornings at 6:30 am.

They agree with me on that.
    Retired 12/19/2012
    No more Tension, Just Pension.
    PASS Illinois Chapter

Post Thanks / Like

Stock is all that is needed
    You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office
    Less Is More Non Chrome Society #1'000'000
    2003 Metallic Silver Goldwing

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.