Post Thanks / Like

Default Dodd Cycles in Alabama

Any pros or cons from buyers from Dodd Cycles

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dodd Cycles in Alabama

I went over there and looked at a Hannigan Trailer. They made me a good offer but I really wanted a Bushtec. They seemed like nice guys and were very Goldwing knowledgeable. That is all I know of them.

alabamawing
    '07 Dark Metallic Red / Traxxion

http://motorcycleriderz.motionsforum.com/forum.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I went down there to look at a couple bikes before I got my last one. Can't say nothing bad about him but did find a better deal.

Post Thanks / Like

If its the same one that was on ebay in Rome Al, Id steer clear. They did the bait and switch thing to me. Showed on their listing a picture of a nice clean almost polished rear wheel. What I got was a dirty messy disaster that took hours to clean up. When I notified them of this, Kenny was very apologetic and said he would make it right by sending me the correct wheel. That was over a month ago and I havent seen or heard anything since. In fact I think they closed thier ebay site listed as doddautions. I know ebay is a gamble sometimes but when someone says theyre going to make it right and then bail on ya. I can only give them a big thumbs down
    Lloyd
    Former 2008 Titanium Audio/Nav

Former Darksider #238

...No question is a stupid question until someone tells you it's a stupid question.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the one he is talking about is in Haleyville, Al.

alabamawing
    '07 Dark Metallic Red / Traxxion

http://motorcycleriderz.motionsforum.com/forum.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I sold them a 2005 GL1800. Honest folks and great to work with. I don't think you could go wrong dealing with Dodd Cycles.

Tammy's Red & White Hannigan
    JV's Blue & White Hannigan

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about this dealer but if you're in the northern part of Alabama, I would check with the Yamaha/Honda dealer in Corinth Ms. Supposedly he has the best prices going. In fact I used HIS price on my local dealer to get a better price when I bought my 2008 black Wing. Unfortunately the Sales Manager isn't there anymore (my local dealer) and the owner doesn't do good deals anymore. So, check out Corinth Ms. dealer.
    Ride Safe !!
    Rich
    USAF Retired
    KC5RKS
    2008 BLACK Airbagger-TOTALED
    2011 Victory Cross Country

Post Thanks / Like

I was just gonna ask a question about this person. I remember when I was in the GWRRA it seemed like he always had bike on there. Now that I'm looking for a new wing I have been searching CL and it seems like he has a bike for sale in every state in the Cont. USA. A few I were thinking about but again is this a actuall dealer or just another rider?

Quote Originally Posted by pnthomas View Post
    John R

2010 ABS Pearl Yellow Wing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rich49 View Post
    Don't know about this dealer but if you're in the northern part of Alabama, I would check with the Yamaha/Honda dealer in Corinth Ms. Supposedly he has the best prices going. In fact I used HIS price on my local dealer to get a better price when I bought my 2008 black Wing. Unfortunately the Sales Manager isn't there anymore (my local dealer) and the owner doesn't do good deals anymore. So, check out Corinth Ms. dealer.
    You must be referencing Lake Hill Motors. They usually have some of the best pricing in the Southeast!

http://www.yamahadiscountprices.com/hondaonroad.htm
    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
    2011 Harley Ultra Limited, Black
    2013 F6B Deluxe (Black)

Post Thanks / Like

Leon and his sons are good people. Knows Goldwings and knows trikes. Fair and honest.

PGR # 175344
    08 GL1800 Pearl White ABS Hannigan
    02 Lowrider - K&N, V&H, Mustang, Headwinds, bling
    06 Heritage - SE Stage 1, V&H 2:1, PCV, Dyno'd
    07 Mustang GT California Special Convertible

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hooker 6 View Post
    Leon and his sons are good people. Knows Goldwings and knows trikes. Fair and honest.
    Ken

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dodds

I had a very good long distance sale with them. I dropped the bike off at a shipping point with the title
    Picked up a cashiers check. Never saw any one in person from Dodds all done over the phone.
    Would buy again if they had what I wanted. Bob

Bike had US title I was in Canada at the time. So sometimes you just have to trust some people.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not purchased a GW from them, but I did spend some time with them a while back. My dad was thinking about going the trike route. We live about 2 hours away and had seen their ads. We spent a couple of hours talking with Leon about trikes and such. He seemed to really enjoy the conversation even though we didn't buy a trike from him. He seemed very knowledgeable. I think they are very trustworthy.
    Dr. Ricky Inman
    2004 Candy Black Cherry GL1800 (a.k.a. Christine)
    Matching 2009 Escapade Elite

Contributing Member Scooterjeff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Dodds

I baught my 06 1800 from Leon and I can tell you he is a great guy. Very upfront and honest and I got a great deal.

Good people.

Post Thanks / Like

Sold my 07 to them. Very friendly and delt with me honestly from start to finish.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE." Unknown

08 ABS

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dodds cycle,,,

Quote Originally Posted by pnthomas View Post
    if you are honestly looking for a trike,,,don't look no further thans dodds,,,I traveled from nc to dodds to buy mine,,615 miles and tried everyway to put some doubt in my mind from buying one,,,couldn't do it,,,i even went to tonys trikes in hazel green als,,,don't waste your time or gas,,leon gave me references of people here in nc that he had sold too and all of them had nothing but good things to say about them,,leon and his boys,,,,steve and Dalton are some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet,,,and I wish I could say that about others nowadays,,thank you for reading this and if I can ever help anyone,,please let me know,,,

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.