GL1800Riders Forums banner

Has This Board "Jumped The Shark"

9K views 80 replies 59 participants last post by  pshivers 
#1 ·
Hal asked this question a little over four years ago.

After seeing some of the threads and replies over the last month or so I am beginning to believe that this might be the case.

Maybe after ten plus years of essentially the same motorcycle everything has been cussed and discussed over and over. Crush washers, tires, oil, plastic chrome, luggage racks, etc,etc,etc...

I have met a lot of good folks from this board, I have eaten meals with some, ridden with a few, stayed at their homes and had them stay in mine. Bantering back and forth can be fun but some of the things said on here don't seem to be in fun. The bashing, bullying and name calling just gets worse every day.

What do you all think?

See less See more
#79 ·
Keep hoping for the betterment of these folks.....they can not help the way they are.....it is all in the genics.
Is this what your refering too ?

However one thing I have noticed is that as the DB level goes up, so does the level of a syndrome known as " LMS " ( Little Man Syndrome ) in which the higher the DB level the bigger those suffering LMS feel. Followed closely right on the heels of LMS comes " look how cooool I am " syndrome, a illness that seems to be a one of a kind to the those that own or ride a harley. Like it or not, there is much truth in that.

Wingers have something like this as well, however its much more palatable.

#80 ·
Fonz' and gang may have jumped the shark some thirty years ago..
.. but I can still watch them every night if I want to...
.. this board should be so lucky...

.. in between the thorns, there is a wealth of (technical) roses

Dennis
Well said...

#81 ·
I'm just trying to figure out what "Jumped the Shark" means.:shrug: Never heard that one before.
Hey Larry... I thought you were old enough to have been a "Happy Days" Fan???? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.