Trike Installer
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trike Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trike Installer

I am looking to get bike triked soon need some info on an installer I am thinking to use they are lonestar trikes of mi. Any one have any work done by them. Need your opinions please.Looking at the Roadsmith kit.
    Don't play with fire, unless you are a professional or a fool
    Black 2008 Premium Audio Triked 07/16/09
    Black 2004 Shadow Saber

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Gary is here on the board or was, I don't know if he made it over from the change over yet or not. They have a good reputation in the Trike Circle.
    George Patrick Th.D.
    2012-GL1800,Hannigan Gen2
    2009 Roll-A-Home
    CMA Chapter #854
    USMC 66-74

Heb 13:2

Post Thanks / Like

if you going to get a Motortrike, I would drive to troup,Tx, and which them do it.....

Emmitt

You know itís time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.

Rides a Motortrike
    James 4:14

beastie

Quote Originally Posted by Rchief2305 View Post
    I am looking to get bike triked soon need some info on an installer I am thinking to use they are lonestar trikes of mi. Any one have any work done by them. Need your opinions please.Looking at the Roadsmith kit.
    Gary Pogue of Lonestar is a member and will probably see your post. He does Trike Shop Roadsmith kits.
    Give him a call @ (800) 591-6610

http://www.lonestartrikes.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know anything about the installer in ur area, but u can't beat the Roadsmith kit and the warranty.

Bob Wolfson
    Palm Coast, FL.
    2003 GW 1800 Roadsmith Trike (The Trike Shop)

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lone star trikes

i have done a very deep research on lonestar trike and found out gary is a quality installer. i'm having a hannigan kit done with gary at lone star. people he has done kits for say he is a nice guy and will treat you right

Post Thanks / Like

Default trike installer

Quote Originally Posted by Rchief2305 View Post
    I called lone star trikes to have a csc cobra kit installed on my 05 gl 1800. was told it would cost $18,654.00 to trike it.$$$$$$$$ was than told they needed $14,000.00 to start. sent them a check. i was than told that my bike would be picked up and taken to waco for conversion and it would take 6 weeks. called and was told that they were behind, and that they would call me, no call!!!!! called agian was than told the csc factory was behind in shipping. that was a lot of bull. I called patrick at csc and was told no order was placed. by this time over two months had past with no responce from lone star trikes, I did find out that my bike was now in mich.what was it during up there, when I was told it would be triked in waco.!!! called gary and told him I wanted my money back and to bring my bike back, got my bike back but no money$$$$$$. it took me a long time to get my money back. but wait after all the lies,lies,lies. got only $13,500.00 back. I would never take a bike to him ever agian. thanks from cowboy ken. I am know a certified csc dealer located in bandera, texas

Post Thanks / Like

Since you are know (now) a certified CSC installer in Texas makes me wonder about your motive behind this post. I have met Gary and his team, and can quote Lonestar trike kits in the midwest. They seem to be a great group of guys who really know what they are doing. Gary seems to be a straight shooter. They do have two shops, one in Texas and one in Michigan.

Wayne
    Wayne Thais

Post Thanks / Like

that what everyone said about the Franks motortrike installer in Mississippi,...turn out he used Phone wire in mind....go to the horse's mouth and go motortrike in Troup,Tx..they know what is Happen and they stand behind the trike kit...

Emmitt

You know itís time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.

Rides a Motortrike

Post Thanks / Like

When we had our Hannigan built, we did not pay a dime until the day we picked it up. The install took two weeks becuase of the special paint job. The service since the sale has been second to none. Trikewerx in Belton, Texas has been perfect in every way. I know a bunch of people Don has built trikes for and they all praise his service and love their trikes.

That being said....

I do feel it is bad form for one dealer to be bashing another dealer on this site. Let the clients give the praise or complain of their dealers - not other dealers.

Tammy's Red & White Hannigan
    JV's Blue & White Hannigan

beastie

Quote Originally Posted by J V McLure View Post
    That being said....

I do feel it is bad form for one dealer to be bashing another dealer on this site. Let the clients give the praise or complain of their dealers - not other dealers.
    J V,

Is this new guy (Cowboy Ken) the dealer folks spoke so highly of at your last ride? I remember DreamCatcher and others mentioning a place called "Cowboy something" where they got very good service.

But like you, and as I have said before (and I was taken to the woodshed for saying it), I would rather dealers not be dealers here, unless they are also board sponsors. And even then they should be discreet in their comments and rebuttals.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lonestar Trikes

Glad to see that you are thinking about a Trike, I'm from Williamston and have a brother who lives in Eaton rapids. I had my Trike built by Gary at Lonestar Trikes in June of 07 and it was a very pleasant experience. Gary spent hours talking with me about the different kits available. He did everything exacetly as he said he would and when he would so they were no surprises. I'm very happy with my Trike that he built for me. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions @ thjnkns@yahoo.com
    Donn-MI
    07-Dark Orange-Level 2
    07-CSC

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Grief Emmitt the guy's talking about a "Roadsmith" not a Motor Trike "Spyder"!?

I appreciate all the comments, well almost all 'em. Beastie is correct, dealers bashing each other here on the board is not very professional.

The problem becomes if I say nothing it looks as though I have something to hide. If I respond I'm defending, two sides and all that ya' know. So here are the facts to the best of my recollection.

Ken ordered a Cobra from me. Received his deposit mid-March '07. Bike had been in an accident and was in pieces. We had to wait for quite awhile to pick 'er up 'cause Ken was repairing the body parts and fairings himself. It was going to be a whole new paint job and total rebuild. We didn't even know if it would run so we spent a lot of time checking it out. Kits were taking 3 to 4 months at that point unless you had a preorder slot and by then all of mine were gone. When Ken and first spoke it was 6 weeks but by early spring production at CSC was overwhelmed.

Ken ran into one of my techs at the GWRRA rally in north Texas in May '07 and reemed "him" good for the delay like it was his fault. I sent his deposit back ($13,500.00) minus pick up and redelivery costs on 6/11/07. Ironically Ken's kit was scheduled to ship the following week.

Ken told me he had decided to go with another manufacturers kit and would have nothing to do with me or CSC ever again.
    Last edited by LoneStarTrikes; 12-02-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know where Gary is coming from your caught in the middle on every post someway or another. Isn't there some old saying he who opens his mouth has somewhere to put his foot. I am not excused from this either.
    That being said I have never met Cowboy Ken and was happy some many others received great service while down in Kerrville as it should be. After his post I still believe he is a good installer although I have no experience to back that up, but he could have said it a different way. Some people are great in what they do. But some lack in the people department. Those interacting with them should recognize that and adjust. After all, if the end result is the product was of quality and fair price and backed by great service does it matter if the quy was a butt-head or not?
    Just my .01 worth, the other penny I saving for my transmission!
    2002 Illusion Blue Goldwing TrikeShop Chrome and Neons and LED Lights Always ready to Roll! Backup and running
    2004 Silverwing trike w/Danson kit (wife's scoot)
    Silence is Golden but Duct Tape is Silver! HAHA!
    [B][I]

beastie

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarTrikes View Post
    ...Bike had been in an accident and was in pieces. Was a going to be a whole new paint job and rebuild. We didn't even know if it would run...
    Hmmmmm, Ken didn't mention that.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry there..Lone star... jump off your horse there...I was thinking this was a open forum....and I could add anything I want too....Was just showing the guy, it was not as bad as he was thinking....and any jackass that puts Phone wire on a trike..should have his dealership pulled...Maybe he could get a job putting Roadsmiths together, ..so It was my trike..and I'm going to talk about the installer for a long time, as long as this is a open form....and thank you for felling in the holds about the guy trike...my trike was four weeks late getting to me...Things happen and it was out of control of the installer hands...But the...Phone wire...was!!!!
    Last edited by PaPa Smurf; 12-03-2008 at 11:52 AM.

Emmitt

Rides a Motortrike

Post Thanks / Like

Long star..so your a builder,...I take my hat off to you..Not All builder are out to cut off a little here and there.....alot of them will go out of there way to make you happy...wish I had the money and tech-training to build them...I love them, and wish I had not trowed all them years away on two wheels......three wheels are ten times more fun.....

Emmitt

Rides a Motortrike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all that replied. Sorry to start some s?/t but thought it would be an innocent question I will know better next time. Hopefully Gary will be in his shop Friday and I will stop in and say Hi.
    Again Thank all
    Don't play with fire, unless you are a professional or a fool
    Black 2008 Premium Audio Triked 07/16/09
    Black 2004 Shadow Saber

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarTrikes View Post
    Emmitt, God Bless ya' brother! You can call me gary..........and look at it this way, with the extra phone wire you can hook up some LED lights.
    thanks.....

Emmitt

Rides a Motortrike

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary (Lone Star Trikes), you may be a great installer, but why would I let you do my 08 in Texas. About 3 weeks ago I rode 325 miles to West to your shop to find out you're not there very often. You're neighbors in same building say your shop isn't open that much. Gas station next door didn't even know shop existed.

When I spend that much and have a problem, I don't want to wait for someone to come back in town to get it fixed.

This Is not a personal attack on you Gary, I just don't get your bussiness practices.

Still looking for an installer within 200 miles of DFW

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there "Rchief2305' give me a call and let's talk. I look forward to meeting you. BTW you didn't start nuttin', we do this ever so often 'cause we're like family. You know kinda like the drunk brother-in-law thing.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboztx View Post
    Gary (Lone Star Trikes), you may be a great installer, but why would I let you do my 08 in Texas. About 3 weeks ago I rode 325 miles to West to your shop to find out you're not there very often. You're neighbors in same building say your shop isn't open that much. Gas station next door didn't even know shop existed.

When I spend that much and have a problem, I don't want to wait for someone to come back in town to get it fixed.

This Is not a personal attack on you Gary, I just don't get your bussiness practices.

Still looking for an installer within 200 miles of DFW

If you're from Fort Worth you're only 80 miles away not 325. Who are you and why haven't you called me? I was there all last week and missed Thanksgiving with my family being at the shop???? I was in Dallas, San Antonio, Garden Ridge, Temple, Kemp & Terrell. What threw the people at the Chevron station off the LoneStar Sign on the shop or the big truck and trailer parked out front?

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary,For what its worth I live 40 miles nw of FTW. My round trip was 325 Honda miles. The lady at Chevron rides a Harley and she knew where the new MC shop in Elm Mott was, but not yours next door. I ate at Bushes chicken on other side and no one there knew where your shop was either. When I actually found it I went up to door and no one was around. I don't know what sign or truck you're talking about, but it wasn't there that day.

All in all it was a great day for a ride, just didn't get anything accomplished.

And by the way I've been to several shops now that don't keep regular hours.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I, George Lewis, now poke the hornets nest with a short stick. I will accept any flames as they are intended, but will not respond and perhaps not read them.

Here is a rule to live by. This is just one, I have many to share if you have a couple of months to listen. As I live about 50 miles from nowhere, out in the boon docks, I NEVER GO TO A SMALL BUSINESS WITHOUT CALLING AHEAD TO SEE IF THEY ARE OPEN!!

No, I don't call ahead to Wal-Mart as I think they will usually be there, but other places I do. No big deal. If closed, I save time and a trip.

My installer is 65 miles from me and I go there about every six months to see how things are going and any bolt tightening that might be needed on my beloved dump truck (Punkin'). I always call to see if he will be there as he not always open...
    Riding a red '11 Can-Am RT-S Spyder, and a '02 Orange GW/'05 Motor Trike kit.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

If you have not been to Luckenbach, you have not completed your journey.

MY NAME IS GEORGE LEWIS. Retird USAF and Sony Corp. MY EMAIL IS: scoot62@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
    As I live about 50 miles from nowhere, out in the boon docks, I NEVER GO TO A SMALL BUSINESS WITHOUT CALLING AHEAD TO SEE IF THEY ARE OPEN!!

George L; You live in a Highly Populated area, Now if you want to talk small town come on up here for a week !!! If it weren't for the Wall Mart they put in here a few short years ago, we would still be taking the Sears catalog to the out house for more reasons than one
    George Patrick Th.D.
    2009 Roll-A-Home
    CMA Chapter #854
    USMC 66-74

Post Thanks / Like

your shop to find out you're not there very often.....I've not in mind all the time..just looking out the window hoping you might stop.

When I spend that much and have a problem, I don't want to wait for someone to come back in town to get it fixed....when I drove to Troup, Tx, which it 586 miles one way...I called first and made appointment.

Long star...don't change anything..I have people tell me... I would have come to you but you was not in....funny, on days.. I work by appointment only...I don't go in...my cell number is on the door, and if you call... my massage tells you to call the cell phone....and for five years now...I have People say..I did not know you was there...there's a BIG sign out front...and it's in RED
    and 75% drive by it everyday...there's one thing I found out...you can't make everybody happy, I always wish him luck....and let them go where they can be happy....

Emmitt

Rides a Motortrike

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Emmitt. I appreciate your understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

just remember..the water that is in your well....will alway come up in your Bucket

Emmitt

Rides a Motortrike

Post Thanks / Like

George P. You say I live in a populated area....yeah, right....mail delivery once a week if the creeks are not up, my telephone is two tomato cans hooked to a tight string, the sheriff won't come down my road unless he has a lunch with him and a four wheel drive. I just got my morning paper and see a fellow called Obama has been elected to President. I have guys hunt deer in my front yard a skunk family lives under the back porch....I can't see a neighbor, one drove by last week and said he and his wife had their third child last year. Hell, last time I saw him he said he was getting married....

I live so far out, I have to carry an extra gas can just to get my trike to a gas station to full up....

George, the next thing you will say is I will be getting rain this year....
    Riding a red '11 Can-Am RT-S Spyder, and a '02 Orange GW/'05 Motor Trike kit.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

If you have not been to Luckenbach, you have not completed your journey.

MY NAME IS GEORGE LEWIS. Retird USAF and Sony Corp. MY EMAIL IS: scoot62@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for the weekly truck of sun light we would still be in the dark!!!, and Yes it will rain next year George```````` some where, maybe not here or there, but somewhere...

Gary send me an email, with your particulars on how and when to contact you... If you move here I will let you have the Presidents position in our Chapter
    George Patrick Th.D.
    2009 Roll-A-Home
    CMA Chapter #854
    USMC 66-74

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.