GL1800Riders Forums banner

Tire rotation

1K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Sully 
#1 ·
I have about 8000 miles on a Dunlop Runflat that is showing more wear on the left edge than the right. I'm thinking about having it rotated to spread future wear to to opposite edge and stretch the life.
Anybody done this?

#2 ·
NOT THAT I NO OF ON A BIKE DONE ON CAR WITH NO PROBLEM BUT PUT ON BACK ONE THING GOOD IS IT'S A RUN FLAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG :eek:4: LET US NO WHAT HAPPENS BE SAFE :thumbup:

#7 ·
Don't let Murgie fool ya, he rotates his C/T every time he twists the throttle!:thumbup::lol::lol::lol:
Rocket
Murgie and I rode together last Friday. If he rotates his tires evey time he twists the throttle, He is one fast son &* *%#$!! I could hardly keep sight of him. If he was rotating his tires he should be working in a pit for nascar!!!

#8 ·
Morph, as I understand it this should not be an issue, even with modern day directional tires as far as any sort of separation goes. There might be a problem with water dispersion, but I doubt that as well.
Totally agree :thumbup:

#10 ·
It seems that lots of members know about the speediness of Murgie and TravelinLite. Wish someone had given me a heads up before I embarrassed myself trying to keep them in sight.

#12 ·
Wow, I almost passed up this post, thinking what kind of idiot would try to switch the front and back tire around. Just goes to show you first impressions can be decieving.

#13 ·
#16 ·
It's the AXE MURDERER :eek:4::lol:

#17 ·
Kinda like me hu ? :shrug::lol:

Nah, first impression of you was this shy quiet fellow, that sort of stood off to the side and rarely was even noticed. Wait that was 1500rider.

#18 ·
Rocket
Murgie and I rode together last Friday. If he rotates his tires evey time he twists the throttle, He is one fast son &* *%#$!! I could hardly keep sight of him. If he was rotating his tires he should be working in a pit for nascar!!!
OK boomer rotating may have not been the word to use. I guess they were motor-tated!:lol::lol::lol:

#23 ·
#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.