Aluma MCTXL
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aluma MCTXL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aluma MCTXL

I just bought a new (never towed) '08 MCTXL. I got it for $995 so I think I got a good deal. The place I bought it from is located in central California and they are closing their doors in a couple months. They have a white '08 and a a silver (year unk) MCTXL left for the same price. If you are interested, I can send you their #.

I need to get a hitch and looking for recommendations. I have a '07 Airbag and also need to know what other things I will need. Will the bushtec hitch (V2 deluxe) work?

I know there is plenty of information on this forum and need to do some research. I also know there are only 3 hitches that attach to the main frame and am only interested in these. Any recommendation would help.

Thanks
    Ted
    Last edited by ihringert; 03-22-2009 at 12:08 PM.
    '07 Airbag

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihringert View Post
    I just bought a new (never towed) '08 MCTXL. I got it for $995 so I think I got a good deal. The place I bought it from is located in central California and they are closing their doors in a couple months. They have a white '08 and a a silver (year unk) MCTXL left for the same price. If you are interested, I can send you their #.

I need to get a hitch and looking for recommendations. I have a '07 Airbag and also need to know what other things I will need. Will the bushtec hitch (V2 deluxe) work?

I know there is plenty of information on this forum and need to do some research. I also know there are only 3 hitches that attach to the main frame and am only interested in these. Any recommendation would help.

Thanks
    Ted
    Ted.Could you PM me there address and phone number.I know poeple who are looking for a trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Ted
    Ted Please PM me their Phone # I could use the White one. The Buschtec is one of the best, that is what I have. There are 3 levels the cheapest is just the Hitch the middle has be isolation harness (must have) and the highest includes the mud flap I think you need the mud flap but that will be argued by some. If it is the 08 Pearl White I could use the trailer.
    Richard
    '08 Pearl White 1800 Navi/ABS
    '06 Black Navi (Deceased)
    '05 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
    Darksider #316
    http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SYfEW0yDgykKUD

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Ted
    You think you got a good deal!!!! Hell man, you should be imprisioned for theft!

Stephen
    2008 Black GL1800
    DS #246
    He is, therefore, I am.
    Cancer Sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I guess I did get a good deal

To many requests so here you go.

SOUTH VALLEY TRAILERS
    831-638-9300

They are located in Hollister. Here is the add they had on Craigslist.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/1077328554.html

The $1200 is for the trailer 1 size larger than the MCTXL. In my opinion, too big for towing behind a bike. Just tell them you are interested in the small motorcycle trailer. It is the XL.

If you decide to call, tell them Ted from Reno sent you.
    '07 Airbag

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have one, but can't afford it. Isn't that the way it goes? You have the money, but not the product or you have the product and not the money!
    Jim
    The first known person to ride all 254 counties in Texas on a motorcycle!

Post Thanks / Like

South Valley Trailers is another victim of the economy. After 15 years, their doors will close in June. They are trying to liquidate all their inventory. It's not a happy ending for them.
    '07 Airbag

Post Thanks / Like

you should have purchased all of them

you could have made $500 each on ebay

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to Southern Valley this morning. They said the MCT was $995 and the MCTXL is $1200. That it is not a bad price but I don't want to ride 4000 miles for that, if it would have been $995 I would already be on the road.
    Richard
    Darksider #316

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Towmoter View Post
    I talked to Southern Valley this morning. They said the MCT was $995 and the MCTXL is $1200. That it is not a bad price but I don't want to ride 4000 miles for that, if it would have been $995 I would already be on the road.
    You best get packed. I was told the same and very confused. You won't believe how big the $1200 ( large) trailer is.
    Last edited by ihringert; 03-23-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    '07 Airbag

Post Thanks / Like

You best get packed.
    They best be calling with the price. The Lady said they would have no trouble selling them for $1200. I wish she had sold it for that price it would give me a good excuse for the ride.
    Richard
    Darksider #316

Post Thanks / Like

They best be calling with the price. The Lady said they would have no trouble selling them for $1200. I wish she had sold it for that price it would give me a good excuse for the ride.
    Rich,

Sandy is a good lady. I would suggest you have them send you a pic of the $1200 trailer (if they can). Also have them take a pic of the mfr sticker on what they call the small trailer (MCT?).

Ted
    '07 Airbag

Post Thanks / Like

Rich,

Sandy is a good lady. I would suggest you have them send you a pic of the $1200 trailer (if they can). Also have them take a pic of the mfr sticker on what they call the small trailer (MCT?).

Ted
    Do you think she is wrong on the size? The XL has 4 CF more than the other one. I guess you could tell a difference in size by looking at them. I used your first name and she remembered you from last week but she said you got the small one, she may have been defending her price. I will call her back and see what she says.
    Richard
    Darksider #316

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think she is wrong on the size? The XL has 4 CF more than the other one. I guess you could tell a difference in size by looking at them. I used your first name and she remembered you from last week but she said you got the small one, she may have been defending her price. I will call her back and see what she says.
    YES on the wrong size!! I guess that's what I'm trying to explain. Mine is definately a MCTXL.
    '07 Airbag

Post Thanks / Like

OK I just talked to the Owner and he said the prices Quoted are correct. He said it is possible there was a mistake made on yours. I told him I was riding from the East Coast and asked him if he could make another mistake but he said no and acted like I was crazey for riding all the way out there. Oh well I have been called worse.
    Richard
    Darksider #316

Post Thanks / Like

YES on the wrong size!! I guess that's what I'm trying to explain. Mine is definately a MCTXL.
    You must be living right!!
    Richard
    Darksider #316

Post Thanks / Like

This is the trailer for $1200. It is as wide as a small car.

http://www.bestpricetrailers.com/trailers/042281.aspx
    Last edited by ihringert; 03-23-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    '07 Airbag

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, I do not doubt for a minute you got the Xl for that. They could have made a mistake, they may have decided to make a little more on the trailer. I think you got a good deal and appreciate you putting that deal out there for others of us looking for a deal also. Since he is closing in June he may come back down but he may have just gotten so many calls he thought he could get another $200 per trailer
    Richard
    Darksider #316

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see any MCTs on their lot.
    '07 Airbag

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see any MCTs on their lot.
    He might be the crazy one. He says he has 2 XL and the others are MCT. It is not worth a 4000 mile round trip to find out. Actually I was going to use it as an excuse to go on out and ride the PCH.
    Richard
    Darksider #316

Post Thanks / Like

The trailer in the link http://www.bestpricetrailers.com/trailers/042281.aspx is of an Aluma AE-46 Trailer. Pic and dimensions from the Aluma Catalog @ http://www.alumaklm.com/pdf/aluma_catalog.pdf

Picture:
    http://gl1800riders.com/forums/pictu...pictureid=2888

Dimensions:
    http://gl1800riders.com/forums/pictu...pictureid=2889

I believe this trailer is meant to be pulled by an automobile as it is 64" wide and 340 lbs vs the MCT or MCTXL @ 45" wide and 175-200 lbs. If fully loaded the AE-46 could easily outweigh a GL1800 by about 300+lbs.

Mike

Mike & Kim
    NW, AL

07 GL 1800 -ABS/NAV/COM Traxxionized
    Darksider #1415
    Kumho Ecsta SPT XRP 195/55RF16 87V (KU31)
    09 Aluma MCT

"If you've still got gas in the tank, you're not lost"

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."
    Ayn Rand

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.