GL1800Riders Forums banner

mechanically inept but lucky as can be

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Steve F 
#1 ·
last night after riding to a PGR mission my bike MP3 quit working. Got home and brake lights wouldn't come on with front brake switch. rear still worked. took the switch off, sprayed cleaner inside it, put it back together. no brake lights from front or rear switch. Bike MP3 player now showed in the display but wouldn't work. Rode to honda dealer, made an appt for tomorrow to get it checked out.

Came home, decided (because my riding buddy said too) to swap wires on front brake switch. TADA! brake lights. MP3 still shows by no play. Opened the trunk, tightened the cable connectors and as I was placing it back down in the cubby hole I noticed the SD card was popped out. Pushed it back in, Bike MP3 player works AND I have brake lights.!!

My next trick will be to swap out the timing belt using only one hand :)

I bet I could put air in my tires with my eyes closed my luck is so good.

#4 ·
Like the old saying goes....even a blind hog fins an acorn once in a while.

#5 ·
last night after riding to a PGR mission my bike MP3 quit working. Got home and brake lights wouldn't come on with front brake switch. rear still worked. took the switch off, sprayed cleaner inside it, put it back together. no brake lights from front or rear switch. Bike MP3 player now showed in the display but wouldn't work. Rode to honda dealer, made an appt for tomorrow to get it checked out.

Came home, decided (because my riding buddy said too) to swap wires on front brake switch. TADA! brake lights. MP3 still shows by no play. Opened the trunk, tightened the cable connectors and as I was placing it back down in the cubby hole I noticed the SD card was popped out. Pushed it back in, Bike MP3 player works AND I have brake lights.!!

My next trick will be to swap out the timing belt using only one hand :)

I bet I could put air in my tires with my eyes closed my luck is so good.
But now, does your cruise control still work? Replace the switch(es) up front and get the wiring back the way it was. You just used a band-aid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.