GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • PROTECT YOURSELF AND BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS! Please read the stickies at the top of the forum before engaging in Buy/Sell activities.

Throttle Meister

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Shoegoo 
#1 ·
Are there any throttle meister's that work on a 2010 GoldWing? I know that there are throttle meister's that fit the 2010 GoldWing. I looking for one that functions as a throttle meister not just a bar end weight.

#2 ·
ehhhh...

You do know the Wing has cruise already, right?

TM's are manufactured bike-specific. As there isn't really a demand for the Wing - I don't think you are gonna find any. Besides - that's an awful expensive bar-weight for the Wing. I had a set for the ZX9... good stuff, for a bike that doesn't have electronic cruise.

#4 ·
I engage the cruise all the time at 35 - if that helps.

#6 ·
I am now thinking Vista Cruise. There is a previous thread on the Vista Cruise and those that use it are happy and using it for the same reason as I want to use it.

The knock I have against electronic cruise control on the Wing is that I just don't ride a lot of wide open stretches of road where it is most useful. I have the same problem with my car.

#9 ·
cruise control ?

ehhhh...

You do know the Wing has cruise already, right?

TM's are manufactured bike-specific. As there isn't really a demand for the Wing - I don't think you are gonna find any. Besides - that's an awful expensive bar-weight for the Wing. I had a set for the ZX9... good stuff, for a bike that doesn't have electronic cruise.
The 2013 Goldwing F6B does not have cruise control.

#10 ·
#11 ·
#13 ·
TMs for other Hondas might work. I would either ask the company or try one for a Pacific Coast, for example.
I called TM and the reason they don't make a TM for the newer Gold Wing's is because of the heated grips. They claim it will not work.
The older Gold Wing's are apparently different. I wish it weren't so because Cruise Control is not practical except on long stretches of road.

I've used TM's on other bikes and theyt work great for me.

#14 ·
I called TM and the reason they don't make a TM for the newer Gold Wing's is because of the heated grips. They claim it will not work.
The older Gold Wing's are apparently different. I wish it weren't so because Cruise Control is not practical except on long stretches of road.

I've used TM's on other bikes and theyt work great for me.
I didn't know that about Honda's heated grips. I installed a TM on a BMW w. factory htd. grips. Electronic CC can be useful to me on shorter legs/trips. Maybe one of the other throttle lockers will work for you, though none that I am familiar with approach the quality of theTM.

#16 ·
Try this

I read this a couple of years ago and made several of them for my bikes and for friends. Surprisingly it works fantastically. Its called "Cheap Ass Throttle Lock". Keeps throttle locks put disengages quickly, effortlessly and safely every time.

http://www.ofb.net/~sethml/motorcycle/throttle-lock/

Good luck,
LDM

#19 ·
Cruise Control is not practical except on long stretches of road.
Maybe I'm just not firing on all cylinders... but how is a TM or another solution any more practical on anything less than a (even not so long) stretch of road? You press one button while going the speed you want to engage, use accel/decel if you need to in 1mph increments, you tape any brake or clutch lever or hit a button to disengage. What situation are you looking to use a TM in that the integrated cruise wont work?

Curious minds wanna know ;D

#20 ·
Maybe I'm just not firing on all cylinders... but how is a TM or another solution any more practical on anything less than a (even not so long) stretch of road? You press one button while going the speed you want to engage, use accel/decel if you need to in 1mph increments, you tape any brake or clutch lever or hit a button to disengage. What situation are you looking to use a TM in that the integrated cruise wont work?

Not all motorcycles are equipped with cruise control.

#21 ·
#22 ·
*facepalm*

The one this thread is about is.
I don't follow you? I responded to your post #20 as follows:

"Originally Posted by srobak Maybe I'm just not firing on all cylinders... but how is a TM or another solution any more practical on anything less than a (even not so long) stretch of road? You press one button while going the speed you want to engage, use accel/decel if you need to in 1mph increments, you tape any brake or clutch lever or hit a button to disengage. What situation are you looking to use a TM in that the integrated cruise wont work?

#23 ·
I don't follow you? I responded to your post #20
Yep - and my post was in response to #1 and #13.

This thread is in discussion of a 2010 Wing that he wants to put a TM on, because the integrated, electronic cruise is not "practical" for anything less than a long stretch of road.

I was requesting clarification - as the practicality of engaging and using either the electronic or a mechanical cruise on short or long stretches of road - is something I am not able to discern. Until your post in response to mine - this thread was never about bikes other than the 2010 Wing in the original post, hence my quoting the original post in my response to you.

#24 ·
Yep - and my post was in response to #1 and #13.

This thread is in discussion of a 2010 Wing that he wants to put a TM on, because the integrated, electronic cruise is not "practical" for anything less than a long stretch of road.

I was requesting clarification - as the practicality of engaging and using either the electronic or a mechanical cruise on short or long stretches of road - is something I am not able to discern. Until your post in response to mine - this thread was never about bikes other than the 2010 Wing in the original post, hence my quoting the original post in my response to you.
I have no problems with using cruise control on long straight runs although it is getting harder to find open roads where I don't have to continuously monitor/reset the cruise.

My problem is with the other situations where cruise control is not practical. And as a long time Throttle Meister user I prefer it to cruise control. Before I used TM I used a friction screw on my BMW. That was the best. It worked great. The throttle simply stayed where I put it. Open to go, close to slow down. What could be simpler than that? And there was no wrist rest or external latch to get in the way or get caught on my jacket sleeve.

Some of this may have been covered in other threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.