Trike Clubs/Organizations???
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Trike Clubs/Organizations???

  1. #1
    Member raymrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    20 miles North of Atlanta
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Trike Clubs/Organizations???

    Does anyone know of any clubs, organization, or chapters in N. Georgia? I'd like to become aquainted with some sort of riding group where there are other trikers.

    Previous Rides:
    2005 HD Fatboy
    2004 HD Fatboy
    1996 Goldwing SE 1500
    1994 Goldwing Interstate 1500
    Honda ACE 1100
    Honda VTX 600

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albertville, AL
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Clubs

    Go online and try gwrra.org You will find alot of chapters in GA and probably one close to you. Good luck.

  4. #3
    Seasoned Member mlsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, Texas
    Posts
    488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raymrt View Post
    Does anyone know of any clubs, organization, or chapters in N. Georgia? I'd like to become aquainted with some sort of riding group where there are other trikers.

    Try this link: http://www.trikes.org/districts%20&%20chapters.htm

    This is the link to Trike Riders International's district list. There are about 3 in Georgia..not sure if any or close to you. Costs $20 a year with 4 great trike magazines a year included in the cost...I think they are running a special for $15 right now.

    Hope this helps.
    David

    1998 GL Goldwing 1500 SE with Motor Trike Conversion

    Bikes I started out on:
    Allstate Moped
    Honda 350-4 Cylinder
    Honda 450
    Honda 750
    Honda 1100
    GL 1500 w/Motor Trike

  5. #4
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    8,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raymrt View Post
    Does anyone know of any clubs, organization, or chapters in N. Georgia? I'd like to become aquainted with some sort of riding group where there are other trikers.
    You might want to pose the question at the GWTA and Trike Talk forums and to ask around locally, particularly at trike and motorcycle dealerships.

  6. #5
    Seasoned Member Trikegypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While some here may disagree, I really like Trike Riders International.

    It is a growing organization with some new great things coming in the near future. The folks in charge now are really trying to give members additional benefits for their membership.

    While it's roots may have been with GWRRA, it is growing rapidly, and includes ANY and ALL trikes....Harleys, Kit Trikes, and home builts.

    Come on out and check us out....the national rally is in Branson Mo. August 20-22. Or check the website at www.trikes.org.

    Look forward to seeing everyone down the road soon!
    aka Rodeogypsy
    01 Pearl Blue GL1800A w/ 07 Lehman Trike conversion
    96 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500D - missing it's third wheel
    09 Bunkhouse trailer

    Proud Member of Warriors Watch www.warriorswatch.org
    honoring my father SSgt. Co. A 134th Infantry (1944-1946)
    IL. Asst. State Director - Trike Riders International
    AMA member


  7. #6
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    8,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trikegypsy View Post
    While some here may disagree, I really like Trike Riders International.

    It is a growing organization with some new great things coming in the near future. The folks in charge now are really trying to give members additional benefits for their membership.

    While it's roots may have been with GWRRA, it is growing rapidly, and includes ANY and ALL trikes....Harleys, Kit Trikes, and home builts.

    Come on out and check us out....the national rally is in Branson Mo. August 20-22. Or check the website at www.trikes.org.

    Look forward to seeing everyone down the road soon!
    I'm glad you enjoy TRI. I personally have no interest in a top down social organization, especially one with such high overheads.

  8. #7
    Member raymrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    20 miles North of Atlanta
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Question

    What is meant by "a top down social organization"

    Previous Rides:
    2005 HD Fatboy
    2004 HD Fatboy
    1996 Goldwing SE 1500
    1994 Goldwing Interstate 1500
    Honda ACE 1100
    Honda VTX 600

  9. #8
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    8,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raymrt View Post
    What is meant by "a top down social organization"
    As I understand it, all officers in the GWRRA and TRI, except perhaps for those a the lowest level are appointed by the company that owns the organizations, rather than through elections. I also am of the impression that the financial records of the two organizations are not available to the membership. Am I mistaken?

  10. #9
    Seasoned Member PaPa Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Foley, Alabama
    Posts
    1,442
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    As I understand it, all officers in the GWRRA and TRI, except perhaps for those a the lowest level are appointed by the company that owns the organizations, rather than through elections. I also am of the impression that the financial records of the two organizations are not available to the membership. Am I mistaken?
    I don't know, but I enjoy the magazine, just about any magizine you order now is twenty dollars....I don't go to any meeting's but when I show up...I'm welcome..i guess they weed out the people with a bad out look...

    Emmitt

    You know itís time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.

    Rides a Motortrike
    James 4:14

  11. #10
    Seasoned Member leeman9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    daytona beach,Fl.
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    As I understand it, all officers in the GWRRA and TRI, except perhaps for those a the lowest level are appointed by the company that owns the organizations, rather than through elections. I also am of the impression that the financial records of the two organizations are not available to the membership. Am I mistaken?
    NO

  12. #11
    Seasoned Member Trikegypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am a state level officer for TRI, and I don't know anyone at the top of the food chain. I was asked by another state level officer if I would be interested, and said yes. I still have never met any of the higher level officers. I'm not sure where you got your info from, but it is incorrect.

    TRI stays away from "elections" to avoid any misconceptions regarding political affiliations. It is strictly a social organization, with the common binder being our trikes. Any trike, Honda, Harley, or home built, it makes no difference.

    Hope this lends a little clarity to any confusion.
    aka Rodeogypsy
    01 Pearl Blue GL1800A w/ 07 Lehman Trike conversion
    96 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500D - missing it's third wheel
    09 Bunkhouse trailer

    Proud Member of Warriors Watch www.warriorswatch.org
    honoring my father SSgt. Co. A 134th Infantry (1944-1946)
    IL. Asst. State Director - Trike Riders International
    AMA member


  13. #12
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    8,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "TRI stays away from "elections" to avoid any misconceptions regarding political affiliations."

    I hope the United States doesn't adopt this GWRRA policy. I don't think I would like it for the President to select my mayor and sheriff. LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Trikegypsy View Post
    I am a state level officer for TRI, and I don't know anyone at the top of the food chain. I was asked by another state level officer if I would be interested, and said yes. I still have never met any of the higher level officers. I'm not sure where you got your info from, but it is incorrect.

    TRI stays away from "elections" to avoid any misconceptions regarding political affiliations. It is strictly a social organization, with the common binder being our trikes. Any trike, Honda, Harley, or home built, it makes no difference.

    Hope this lends a little clarity to any confusion.

  14. #13
    beastie
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raymrt View Post
    What is meant by "a top down social organization"
    Interesting question.

    But from the other direction, what makes the CBTC such a successful club is that it is a "bottom up" organization.



    Or was that "bottoms up."

  15. #14
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan & Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    2,876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    "TRI stays away from "elections" to avoid any misconceptions regarding political affiliations."

    I hope the United States doesn't adopt this GWRRA policy. I don't think I would like it for the President to select my mayor and sheriff. LOL

    You're too late!

  16. #15
    Seasoned Member Gray Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarTrikes View Post
    You're too late!
    Sad but true
    VINTAGE PERSON been around long enough to be back in style
    0/4 Candy Apple M/T
    Prowler# 96

  17. #16
    Seasoned Member Trikegypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    HEY Beastie....CBTC is just plain FUN!!

    I'm ready for another meetin anytime ya'll are up for it. Get your Treasurer on it, will ya?...LOL.

    You're both in my thoughts and prayers often..
    aka Rodeogypsy
    01 Pearl Blue GL1800A w/ 07 Lehman Trike conversion
    96 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500D - missing it's third wheel
    09 Bunkhouse trailer

    Proud Member of Warriors Watch www.warriorswatch.org
    honoring my father SSgt. Co. A 134th Infantry (1944-1946)
    IL. Asst. State Director - Trike Riders International
    AMA member


+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •