How do I wire trailer side marker lights to flash?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I wire trailer side marker lights to flash?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do I wire trailer side marker lights to flash?

Here's what I want to do...

I want to install LED sidemarker lights (amber) on each side of my trailer. I've decided on the rectangular reflectors/sidemarker lights from Show Chrome that have 15 LED lights in them. The problem is, they only have 2 wires. This is easy as long as I just want sidemarkers. However, I'd like to wire them where they're sidemarkers until I turn on the turn signals and then I'd like them to flash alternately from the bike and trailer turn signals like most cars do.

I think if I run a wire from my trailer TS feed to the ground of the new sidemarker lights then they will go off when they get a hot feed from the TS wire. Is this right? Also, would I need to install a diode to keep power from backfeeding into the entire ground system.

Am I off base here and is there an easier way to get a sidemarker/TS combination with only a 2-wire light?

Thanks in advance,

2008 Black GL1800 ABS
    1995 Bushtec Turbo+2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Why not get 3 wire lights? I found these on ebay with a quick search: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Amber...QQcmdZViewItem

There's probably more out there if you look around.
    Keep On Tourin'
    The Wanderer
    2005 Pearl Yellow GL1800A / 2005 Pearl Blue 1940 Ford

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.