HELP!!! Sus Adj Error
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP!!! Sus Adj Error

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP!!! Sus Adj Error

Need some help.
    After replacing the rear shock absorber and actuator with a new one, I adjusted it up once then got a Sus Adj Error on the LCD when I tried to adjust it again. I've checked fuse #28 and switched relays both seem fine. Double cheched wire connections and all is good. Is there anything else I can check or do to get working again .

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tibbaRkcaJ View Post
    Need some help.
    After replacing the rear shock absorber and actuator with a new one, I adjusted it up once then got a Sus Adj Error on the LCD when I tried to adjust it again. I've checked fuse #28 and switched relays both seem fine. Double cheched wire connections and all is good. Is there anything else I can check or do to get working again .
    You MAY, need to dissconnect your negitive battery lead wait a minute or so then reconnect it.... Start the bike and let it run for 10 minutes WITHOUT touching the throttle...

I am no mechanic, but this seems to help the computer "reset" itself... plus while your waiting for someone who knows what their talking about it will be a good time killer!!

LOL
    Matt(BCNV)
    2007 Black Cherry Airbag*
    2008 Black Cherry Motortrike
    *Traxxion~Mega
    LIMNCS #74
    DS #925
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” -John Wayne

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Double check plug connections. I think Fred posted up some time ago that holding the up button while turning the key on multiple times sometimes works. When I did mine I had to reuse the angle sensor and had put it on 180 degrees out.

Post Thanks / Like

Try disconnecting the battery for about 20 seconds or so and then reconnect it. If the problem that caused the error to appear has gone away, this will reset the error message. However, if the problem that caused it is still present, the error message will return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
    Try disconnecting the battery for about 20 seconds or so and then reconnect it. If the problem that caused the error to appear has gone away, this will reset the error message. However, if the problem that caused it is still present, the error message will return.
    This always works with mine.
    KD8OVH
    '06 GL1800 Black Stealth F-117
    Progressive monotubes & Traxxion tree
    Vietnam Vet - Infantry Recon 69'-71'
    Daughter serves as LoadMaster CJ Elvis USAFr

Post Thanks / Like

You could probably also research which fuse applies power to the meter panel, and simply remove and replace it if you didn't want to disconnect the battery. I'm not sure of the fuse number, and suspect it is not the same on all model years, but it should be easy enough to research in the manual.

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your help. I had already tried disconnect/reconnect the battery and still did not work.. Went back out and disconnected the wiring under the left pocket, turned the bike on ..still an error. turned the key to the accel disconnected/reconnected the wiring again and it started working fine. Have no idea why I just hope it continues. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tibbaRkcaJ View Post
    Thanks everyone for your help. I had already tried disconnect/reconnect the battery and still did not work.. Went back out and disconnected the wiring under the left pocket, turned the bike on ..still an error. turned the key to the accel disconnected/reconnected the wiring again and it started working fine. Have no idea why I just hope it continues. Thanks again.
    When you turn the key to the ACC position, it sends a ground pulse to the signal cancel unit and it may just do the same to the IP to reset it as well. Just a guess.
    KD8OVH
    '06 GL1800 Black Stealth F-117
    Progressive monotubes & Traxxion tree
    Vietnam Vet - Infantry Recon 69'-71'
    Daughter serves as LoadMaster CJ Elvis USAFr

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.