GL1800Riders Forums banner

Halloween Rail style

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  wapkap 
#1 ·
Over a decade of tradition starts at 3:30 pm hallo afternoon.
Phase one

Crank the Xmas music and start getting dressed .
This is a 1/2 hour task .
Phase 2 as I am waiting for Betty to get home I have been known to wheelie the ATV's in the yard while waving to people driving by ,
Jump in the jeep with top down and cruise uptown , and ride the wing . This year it was the wing again for an hour .
Phase 3 beat Betty home and crank more Xmas music .
While she gets dressed I this year skyped our daughter . She was getting everybody she could think of within ear shot to come see her DAD .
Phase 4

Try to keep my hands off Mrs Claus
Phase 5 load up 1000 plus candy canes in velvet bag .
Phase 6 jump in Betty's convertible and head up town to busiest Halloween streets in Marshfield .
Phase 7 hand out candy canes to all the kids , kids at heart , and every volunteer LEO we see.
Phase 8
3hours later head back home , smiling ear to ear, Singing Xmas music in my head , and thinking about little kids screaming Santa , Santa's here .
Phase 9 chase Mrs Claus around the house
Life is good

See less See more
#6 ·
Wowwwww:yes1:
So how did that get started?
We live out in the country a bit . I live treat or treaters . Our daughter always wanted to go uptown to a very busy Halloween area. We took her when she was like 6 , the next year I decided to barrow a Santa suit because what else would I wear being me and all. Than Betty wanted in so we found her an outfit . When our daughter was 9 her and her best friend dressed as elves and came with us . The kids scored so much candy I could not even eat it all . Than I decided I wanted to hand out candy canes .mnow this sounds simple enough , but find candy canes before Halloween , I dare ya . But me being me ,me I pulled a few favors and had a case shipped from manufacturer in Michigan. Next we I bought all of dollar generals right after Xmas . Now well Santa is famous and 1000 is nothing to get my hands on . Made the paper a couple of times , caused a small fender bender once and a few years a Norwood mental health facility group made Santa cry .:nojoke:.
I did not go last year cause I was dead tired and people asked my wife why we did not go .. That will never happen again . WBRons Wife is currently making me a new suit and I am really looking forward to new duds !

#7 ·
Cool and Betty looks SOOOOO thrilled!
She hates having her pix taken , she really enjoys doing this a lot :nojoke:

#8 ·

Merry Xmas to all and to all a good night .

#11 ·
We live out in the country a bit . I live treat or treaters . Our daughter always wanted to go uptown to a very busy Halloween area. We took her when she was like 6 , the next year I decided to barrow a Santa suit because what else would I wear being me and all. Than Betty wanted in so we found her an outfit . When our daughter was 9 her and her best friend dressed as elves and came with us . The kids scored so much candy I could not even eat it all . Than I decided I wanted to hand out candy canes .mnow this sounds simple enough , but find candy canes before Halloween , I dare ya . But me being me ,me I pulled a few favors and had a case shipped from manufacturer in Michigan. Next we I bought all of dollar generals right after Xmas . Now well Santa is famous and 1000 is nothing to get my hands on . Made the paper a couple of times , caused a small fender bender once and a few years a Norwood mental health facility group made Santa cry .:nojoke:.
I did not go last year cause I was dead tired and people asked my wife why we did not go .. That will never happen again . WBRons Wife is currently making me a new suit and I am really looking forward to new duds !
The kids scored so much candy I could not even eat it all .

Mmmmmm. A plan comes to mind..... But wait, kids are all grown up! Lets see, REALLY BIG elves? Maybe borrow a couple? Rent?

#13 ·
#16 ·
I must say you fill out that Santa suit quite nicely:lol:
Says the skinny in shape dude from the north .
Just so ya know on Santa it's jolly, on others it's just fat .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.