GL1800Riders Forums banner

Engine Hunts or Pulses when restarted and warm.

5K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Shoegoo 
#1 ·
I did post this on another Goldwing Forum but did not get many responses. So I thought I'd ask here on this dedicated 1800 forum now I have found it.

I've got a 2010 model with satnav, heated grips and seat. I've only had the bike a few weeks and have noticed that after a run, if I park it and restart the engine whislt still warm it hunts. (Pulses). It's only a couple of hundred RPM's but you can hear it and you can see the rev counter waving up an down.

It's fine when first started from cold.

A friend suggested it could be one of the injectors? I'm taking it back to the dealer at the weekend to get some trim replaced and will ask them, but I'd like to go in armed with some info if possible so I don't get fobbed off.

Thanks

Mottsy

#27 ·
I have a 2010 and it has done this since the day I drove it off the lot. I have tried the reset thing on many occasions without any effect. It doesn't happen all the time, and so I have just learned to live with it. By the time I get to the end of my street is has pretty much gone away, so it's no big deal. I would love to see a cure for it, but if not, it's not that big of a deal.

#29 ·
My 2010 is the same but it will stall sometimes unless I give it a little throttle. I learned to live with it but with the price of the bikes I would expect better.

#31 ·
I talked with a guy yesterday who had that problem. He did a good clanging of the throttle body and said that it hasn't done it since.:shrug:

#32 ·
When you have ridden the bike for a while, shut it off and restart it, you often hear a gurgling sound for a few seconds as the fuel pump pressurizes the injector rail and pushes the heat-soaked fuel out. Bet your rough running is due to the same cause. It may be a minor case of vapor lock. Noting to worry about.

#33 ·
Mine surges after setting 1/2 hour and many times stalls. Dealer service depts. always use the term "they all do that". Thats BS. The bike next to me is the same year and model and his doesn't. Does that mean that his isn't normal and should get it fixed so it stalls like mine?

#34 ·
Mine was surging this morning. I started the bike and let it warm up as I was putting on my riding gear and helmet. I backed out of the garage, closed the garage door, parked in the drive, closed the drive gate and took off. At the first stop sign about a block from my house it started surging. This is typical, plus the usual restart surges on a warm engine that everyone else describes. Not really big swings in rpm's up to 1500, but enough to make me say to myself that I should expect more for my money.

Hey my Kawasaki C14 doesn't do it. :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.