How to install high beam headlight 2007 GoldWing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to install high beam headlight 2007 GoldWing

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to install high beam headlight 2007 GoldWing

I have a 2007 GL1800 and my right high beam headlight has failed. I removed the right side dash board pocket (with the lock) and tried to reach in to the bulb to replace it but my hands are just to big, the mounting bracket is extremely difficult to get to. I have a friend with a 2001 GL1800 and his mounting bracket is totally different in design so looking at his was no help.

Any suggestions on how to replace the high beam headlight bulb (besides going to a Honda dealer) would be appreciated. This is the first bulb failure I have experienced on the 2007 GL1800....thanks.
    2007 GL 1800 with Motor Trike conversion
    1965 Cushman Eagle with Vanguard motor.

Ride Safe...the live you save may be mine!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what to tell you. They are difficult if you have never done it before. Takes a time or two to get the hang of it.

But there is no bracket?? You have to do it all by feel. Wearing a soft brown jersey cotton glove is a great help too, not only does it keep the fingerprints off the new bulb but keeps you from leaving skin off your hand up in the bike.

All you can do is reach up in and feel the square bulb connector, the small single wire raised part is up, remember that for the re connect. Unplug that, feel for the 3 inch round or so rubber dust grommet and pull that off, under that is a little spring tungsten wire, push that in and up and swing it over, now the bulb and housing just comes right out.

put a new bulb in the housing, clip the little wire, push the dust cover back on and the connector.

It is way up in there, but no bracket.

Kit
    " The GL1800 " A grand motorcycle it is. For touring,fun and to see the world there is no other like it. Big and powerful and comfortable for those cross country rides. Also perhaps the very ultimate ambassador to itself and to those who ride it and meet new friends at the many meets and activities this machine brings to the equation.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to call your dealer, and check if it is still a warranty item, if so let them do it. The Hi's are a real pain to change.
    George Patrick Th.D.
    2012-GL1800,Hannigan Gen2
    2009 Roll-A-Home
    CMA Chapter #854
    USMC 66-74

Heb 13:2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.