BikeMP3.Com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BikeMP3.Com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up BikeMP3.Com

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting Pete from BikeMP3 (http://www.bikemp3.com/main.sc).
    Pete installed the BikeMP3 on my 2008 Wing and in minutes I was listening to music and using the Honda CD control (on handlebars) to maneuver through the MP3ís stored on the SD card, too cool.
    Now I was on mission to eliminate my iPod and free up the front glove box. I love my iPod, but it was nearly impossible to (safely) change albums or play list while rolling down the highway.
    After purchasing a 4GB SD card I proceeded to rip my favorite CDís to MP3. Using the least amount of compression (highest quality sound) I stuffed 19 complete CDís on the SD card and the first CD is a playlist of my favorites (20+ tracks). Thatís plenty y of music to get me down the road.
    The next gadget Pete is working on is a plug-n-play CB radio using the Honda controls, for considerably less than the Honda CB radio and more options.
    Thanks Pete!
    BG
    2008 Goldwing
    IBA #33435

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great Device and Support

This little accessory was one of the best I have added IMHO. It made the ancient CD 6 Player a new age digital audio player.

Install was a breeze, and with my 8gb card, I actually have unlimited audio at my finger tips...

I would love to see a V3 that allowed the GW display to show the name of the tune, and folder, so I can directly navigate to an artist/album.

But, heck... that might be a limitation of the GW display!
    Kurt's World of Cycles
    2008 GL1800 ABS/Nav Ruby Metallic Red
    2008 Bushtec Quantum Sport (Mid West Region)
    2009 BMW K1200 LT Night Sky Blue
    (West Coast Region)
    Where I've Been &
    Where I need to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kurtsanders View Post
    This little accessory was one of the best I have added IMHO. It made the ancient CD 6 Player a new age digital audio player.

Install was a breeze, and with my 8gb card, I actually have unlimited audio at my finger tips...

I would love to see a V3 that allowed the GW display to show the name of the tune, and folder, so I can directly navigate to an artist/album.

But, heck... that might be a limitation of the GW display!
    The display is run by the GW's electronics as you guessed and cracking in there would be next to impossible. It would however be relatively easy to mount another LCD panel somewhere that was dedicated to the MP3Player.
    2002 Pearl Orange (R.I.P) 2008 Metalic Red

"The PoleCat"

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to buy the All-in-One version but it is showing as back-ordered, and the ipod version is out of stock too. I will wait a week and see if they have more.
    Norman, GL1800.
    Also a proud member of www.goldwingfacts.com/forums
    and also the Kennel Club.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the USB model on 12/18/09 and I am still waiting on my unit. I Hope that they will come in soon. I have not heard of any time frame. I wrote to Pete yesterday but have not got a response as of yet.
    Edit
    I just got a response from pete 35 min later from orginal post should have HONUSB by the end of next week.
    Last edited by gdishman; 01-07-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Plan ahead:
    It was not raining when Noah built the ark.

2008 Metallic Red Goldwing
    Kumho ECSTA RF 195/55/16,Bridgestone Front Tire,Kury grips powered coated black and Touring pegs and Turn down exhaust,Complete Progressive Mono Tube suspension upgrade. Alballs steering head bearings, Ultimate seat,HonUSBv3

Post Thanks / Like

Default CB

I'd like to hear more about the CB unit. Any info out there?

Grab Life By The Handlebars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Galoot View Post
    Last Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting Pete from BikeMP3 (http://www.bikemp3.com/main.sc).
    Pete installed the BikeMP3 on my 2008 Wing and in minutes I was listening to music and using the Honda CD control (on handlebars) to maneuver through the MP3’s stored on the SD card, too cool.
    Now I was on mission to eliminate my iPod and free up the front glove box. I love my iPod, but it was nearly impossible to (safely) change albums or play list while rolling down the highway.
    After purchasing a 4GB SD card I proceeded to rip my favorite CD’s to MP3. Using the least amount of compression (highest quality sound) I stuffed 19 complete CD’s on the SD card and the first CD is a playlist of my favorites (20+ tracks). That’s plenty y of music to get me down the road.
    The next gadget Pete is working on is a plug-n-play CB radio using the Honda controls, for considerably less than the Honda CB radio and more options.
    Thanks Pete!
    BG
    EC has made the control for your i-pod,I-phone/touch for 18 months mine works great and do not have to change cards to get new music just FYI
    HIS: 2005 Dark Metallic Grey 1800/A
    SONS: 2010 CBR600RR LayLa Edition

"You do not get too old to ride, you get old because you don't"
    Riding a great Motorcycle with a MOTORCYCLE TIRE
    All things are possible, just ask!
    Another Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
    EC has made the control for your i-pod,I-phone/touch for 18 months mine works great and do not have to change cards to get new music just FYI
    What your missing is the use of the exisitng controls on the handle bars that Honda designed for the CD player.

That is the kick!
    2008 Goldwing
    IBA #33435

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Galoot View Post
    What your missing is the use of the exisitng controls on the handle bars that Honda designed for the CD player.

That is the kick!
    http://electricalconnection.com/audio/gl18-ipod-hb.htm

actually, the ec unit does allow control of the ipod through the handlebar controls, just as the unit made by soundgate...what the v2 version of the bikemp3 player will allow though is the ability to use either an sd card or an ipod/iphone without having to have two separate units to connect to the stereo...the v2 unit will be a silver bullet for many users.
    2008 GL1800, Prem Audio
    1997 Kwik Kamp
    Darksider #403 (Dunlop Wintersport 175/60R16)

Seasoned Member Cabernet Red 06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nomader View Post
    I'd like to hear more about the CB unit. Any info out there?
    here yuh go..... http://www.gl2way.com/
    2006 Cabernet Red

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at the BikeMP3 site.

http://www.bikemp3.com/main.sc

All the products at the bottom of the page are either back ordered or out of stock. What's up with that?
    Keep On Tourin'
    The Wanderer
    2005 Pearl Yellow GL1800A / 2005 Pearl Blue 1940 Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I just looked at the BikeMP3 site.

http://www.bikemp3.com/main.sc

All the products at the bottom of the page are either back ordered or out of stock. What's up with that?
    We get busy thanks to lots of great customers and its hard as a new business with the current uncertain economy to always anticipate and keep up with customer demand we order what we think we can sell in a certain time period and then add a percentage over that but it seems when it gets busy we never have enough but then some months stuff just sits it's a huge learning curve.

However we are working to resolve that situation and if you order when in backorder its normally 2 to 3 weeks wait

Pete
    Last edited by pedro66; 01-08-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Pete

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I'm interested in controlling my ipod though my handlebar controls.

Which one is better the EC or the BikeMP3 version??

They are the same price so looking forward to comments who have them.

Will I be able to go to see the playlist, songs name, menus, etc... on the radio display??

Thanks in advance
    05 Suzuki C50 --> 05 C90 --> 07 HD SG --> 08 GL1800 Airbag (Red Metallic) --> 2011 HD Road Glide Ultra

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What I have found out Both are the same Units. Just different Stickers. I also think J&M is also the same unit.
    Plan ahead:

Kumho ECSTA RF 195/55/16,Bridgestone Front Tire,Kury grips powered coated black and Touring pegs and Turn down exhaust,Complete Progressive Mono Tube suspension upgrade. Alballs steering head bearings, Ultimate seat,HonUSBv3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gdishman View Post
    What I have found out Both are the same Units. Just different Stickers. I also think J&M is also the same unit.
    Hmmm The EC unit looks smaller than the BikeMP3 unit. If so most likely because the EC unit does not support SD cards or USB flash drives only the iPod.

I went to the J&M website and only saw this:
    http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....MDM-GL18&PF=32
    Looks like their unit only supports non iPod drives.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    05 Suzuki C50 --> 05 C90 --> 07 HD SG --> 08 GL1800 Airbag (Red Metallic) --> 2011 HD Road Glide Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kurtsanders View Post

Dont you know the name of your songs ??

My garmin nuvi 5000 does just what you ask for, it even allows you to search by title to find the exact song, anytime you choose, all on a 5.25 inch display

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pedro66 View Post
    We get busy thanks to lots of great customers and its hard as a new business with the current uncertain economy to always anticipate and keep up with customer demand we order what we think we can sell in a certain time period and then add a percentage over that but it seems when it gets busy we never have enough but then some months stuff just sits it's a huge learning curve.

However we are working to resolve that situation and if you order when in backorder its normally 2 to 3 weeks wait

Pete
    I'm still waiting on mine, patiently.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet lu. You have to compare the same units together.
    Usb/sb card model is one and Ipod model is another model.
    It apears to be made by same manifacture. Different vendors are selling them and putting there sticker on them.They appear to be all working together to get all the bugs worked out of them.
    Plan ahead:

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Need to view to select

Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    Dont you know the name of your songs ??

My garmin nuvi 5000 does just what you ask for, it even allows you to search by title to find the exact song, anytime you choose, all on a 5.25 inch display
    8GB is equal to 8 X 1024 MB , each song takes about 3-4 MB ,therefore 8GB can store more than 2000 songs. If one could remember all those titles (before they hear them), they would be on stage in Las Vegas.

The Honda OEM display would be nice if it could be configured to select the album folder on the BikeMP3. I have heard that this is a limitation of the smart display, which has pre-defined screens for a CD...

I realize that most GPS multi-function devices perform more feature rich functions than the single purpose BikeMP3, but I do not want any extra devices on my handlebars (just a personal choice).

If I keep the 2008 for a few more years, I might be forced to re-think that position if the Garmin maps are out of date, or if a new GPS device has some geeky features that I cannot live without.
    Kurt's World of Cycles
    2008 GL1800 ABS/Nav Ruby Metallic Red
    2008 Bushtec Quantum Sport (Mid West Region)
    2009 BMW K1200 LT Night Sky Blue
    (West Coast Region)
    Where I've Been &
    Where I need to go!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.