GL1800Riders Forums banner

My Wi. Rustic Road challenge .

29K views 493 replies 38 participants last post by  triplay 
#1 ·
My personal challenge is to do all 111 Wi. Rustic Roads in one year . So I thought what better way to start than to ride
New Years day .

Gotta find better way to restrain Mr Happy

9 miles of this should not be too bad

Half way through

1800's house .

Yeah that's 9miles of slippery roads done . Now the main highway is ,,, oh crap 9 miles back is closest paved road .,

Took a short cut , road was bad .

Mr Happy is not as excited as I was to see paved road again. 17 miles took 1hour 15 . :yikes:

See less See more
#3 ·
That is pretty impressive run there Rail! Good luck on your quest for all 111 (Wow!) of these roads. I know if I tried something like that, the first time I would let out of the clutch lever, I would be on my rump. :lol:
Thanks . Second gear and idle on ice is the trick . I only fell once today, the ruts threw bars out of my hands. Could not get bike back up on ice . Either it slipped away or I did trying. So I used tool roll layed out on ice for my secured footing . Than an Amish rolls by with buggy right after I had it up on side stand . He stopped and asked me if I was lost . My reply . " no I just need a better hobby" he smiled,nodded, and cracked the straps on the horse and rolled away . ;) Those dudes need a sense of humor.

#5 ·
It is about 50 yards of that type looking ice/snow from where BB is to Hyw G and I would not try it as I know with my balance anymore I would be down:eek:4:

So I am not sure if I should envy you or :bow:!!! :shrug:

#6 ·
It is about 50 yards of that type looking ice/snow from where BB is to Hyw G and I would not try it as I know with my balance anymore I would be down:eek:4:

So I am not sure if I should envy you or :bow:!!! :shrug:
My arms are going to be sore in the morning , that's a fact . My balance was highly tested today . I brought bike back several times in these short miles . A sigh of relief when I got back to main road . I am not worthy of :bow:. I just truly love a challenge . Someday it will get me killed I am sure of that . But I am fine with that. I showed Betty the pix, she rolled her green eyes and walked away . She knows all to well I am a loon .

#8 ·
Scoreboard...........

One down

110 to get

tick tick tick
365 days in a year, and only 111 rustic roads. I predict that by early fall of this year, Rail will be petitioning the state to add more RRs so that he has something to do. Go Rail go :thumbup:

#9 ·
My arms are going to be sore in the morning , that's a fact . My balance was highly tested today . I brought bike back several times in these short miles . A sigh of relief when I got back to main road . I am not worthy of :bow:. I just truly love a challenge . Someday it will get me killed I am sure of that . But I am fine with that. I showed Betty the pix, she rolled her green eyes and walked away . She knows all to well I am a loon .
No worse than the rest of us...:twisted:

#10 ·
We had a guy that did them all but used a trike and he said that he had to cross a creek full of water:eek:4:, but I never caught where that one was at so I will be interested if you run across one like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 ·
I read somewhere recently that Wisconsin added another Rustic Road. Does your number include that?
Guess they didn't want it to be too easy.
Before I am officially done I will do I final check before Loren admits he is wrong and I am right :lol:

#14 ·
#16 ·
The challange was for the curren, at that time 111

im not skarreded
112 challenge accepted. :thumbup: I wonder as to how often they add new ones though . I received latest copy only a few months ago. Since that time I looked at everyone with a microscope . I have been on 73 atone time or the other over the years . The one I ran today I have been on many ,many times with several bikes . As kids we used to take girls swimming beneath railroad grade bridge in the summer . ;) Ah the memories, how cannot ya love Wi.

#17 ·
Good job sir Rail....What a nice start to the new year...Beautiful blue skies and nice white ground coverings...You'll have to write a book someday:eek:4: second thought that would be scary...

#19 ·
Good job sir Rail....What a nice start to the new year...Beautiful blue skies and nice white ground coverings...You'll have to write a book someday:eek:4: second thought that would be scary...
Thanks and maybe I could write a children's book . But I will need a heck of a good proof reader .

#21 ·
catchy title......

eat, crap, ride, type, repeat
I am sure with a title like that the schools will want mutiple copies in their library

#22 ·
Hey Randy,

You are going to have to stop telling people about riding in snow, dropping bike, too much ice to pick it back up and Amish people just shaking their head at you. Some people are beginning to think I hang around with crazy people.

#24 ·
Not sure they are exposed to anything better are they:shrug:

#25 ·
And to think, We haven't even met yet :popcorn::popcorn::lol:
Hey Randy,

You are going to have to stop telling people about riding in snow, dropping bike, too much ice to pick it back up and Amish people just shaking their head at you. Some people are beginning to think I hang around with crazy people.

#26 ·
Hey Randy,

Honesty is the best policy George:twisted:
Would you really want school children to be exposed to rails whit???
School kids are way more sarcastic than I am .
Not sure they are exposed to anything better are they:shrug:
I just had a mental flash of me at a school kid book signing :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.