Harbor Freight Trailer
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harbor Freight Trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harbor Freight Trailer

Anyone use the Harbor Freight Haul Master Trailer:

I was thinking of getting my feet wet with a trailer, and thought this would be a good introduction, with out the killer price.

600 Lb. Capacity 78" Tag-Along Trailer

Item # 66771
    Add 16.6 cubic feet of storage space to your car, truck or motorcycle. This lightweight hauler is streamlined for maximum fuel savings.
    • 600 lb. load capacity for automotive and 200 lb. maximum capacity for motorcycle use
    • Leaf spring suspension system
    • Heavy duty 4.80 x 8" tires
    • Lockable shell includes two keys and has two additional side latches
    • Self-assisted hydraulic struts for easy lid opening
    • 55 MPH maximum towing speed
    • DOT certified
    • Overweight Item subject to $89.95 additional Freight Charge
    Includes coupler, safety chain, wiring harness, trailer light kit, and license plate holderBed dimensions: 41-3/8" L x 34-1/4" W x 3-1/2" HShell dimensions: 47-1/2" L x 38" W x 16" HTongue dimensions: 49-3/4" L x 2-1/2" W x 1-7/8" H x 14 gauge thickUniversal 1-7/8" ball couplerOverall dimensions: 78" L x 44-1/2" W x 38" H
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1919.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	14636  
    Bill Sivori
    Aviation Consultant
    Captain Hawker 800XPI/400XP
    Sikorsky 76
    Iron Shields LE MC
    2008 Goldwing
    2005 Electra Glide FLHT Police Issue
    1982 CB900 Custom
    2010 Forrest River Toy Hauler
    God Bless My Marine
    Semper Fi

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Jetjockey

You need to post this on the MC trailer board for a better answer. Several board menbers have bought this trailer . . If you buy one you want to repack the wheel bearing.
    thomas

Post Thanks / Like

That's probably a good starter trailer. However, I'm not a fan of trailers that have deep tops. It means you have to stack your load and hope nothing's in the way when you close the top. I've always had trailers with tall sides and shallow tops. Even with these types of trailers, when you open them up sitting on the side of an interstate, and the winds blowing and big trucks going by at 70mph, you have to be really careful of things blowing away. I can't imagine what that would be like with the HF trailer.
    Keep On Tourin'
    The Wanderer
    2005 Pearl Yellow GL1800A / 2005 Pearl Blue 1940 Ford

Post Thanks / Like

My first trailer was a harbor frieght, with a sears cartop carrier on it for dry storage, from what I can see, mine is a little larger.
    if you and your S.O. plan on anytime out camping it will be to small. for a road trip in a hotel or with friends, or family it will be fine.
    many who do not pull trailers will give you a lot of comments, most are negitive, but, consider the soure. they may wear shoes, but not yours.
    I still have that trailer, but I also now have a bushtec. Man what a difference!
    for the money you wont go wrong.

The one thing that I found out the hard way is the liscene plate bracket. if it it mounted in a way that lets part of the plate to stick out beyand the tire....it will catch wind over 60mph and start the trailer fishtailing.....mount the plate in the middle of the trailer and avoid that experience.

get it and enjoy it

01 Hot Rod Yellow
    IBA # 23726
    Darkside #409
    Kumo195-55-16
    Bushtec Turbo II

It's not the destination, It's the journey.
    may yours be safe and satisfying

Rider Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    That's probably a good starter trailer. However, I'm not a fan of trailers that have deep tops. It means you have to stack your load and hope nothing's in the way when you close the top. I've always had trailers with tall sides and shallow tops. Even with these types of trailers, when you open them up sitting on the side of an interstate, and the winds blowing and big trucks going by at 70mph, you have to be really careful of things blowing away. I can't imagine what that would be like with the HF trailer.
    Who in the hell would do something that dangerous? Get off the freeway then mess with your stuff in a safer environment.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks almost identical to the trailer manufactured by Piggybacker.

http://www.piggybacker.com/
    '06 Dark Red ABS

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what my friend did for a simple and inexpensive, but very functional trailer:

http://venture.eurekaboy.com/stingertrailer.htm
    My Goldwing page

Darksider #223

My trips

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.