Candy Black Cherry paint code?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Candy Black Cherry paint code?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candy Black Cherry paint code?

I am trying to find out the paint code on my '09 Candy Black Cherry Wing, and All I come up with is R-287. (R-287C) That is a color rite number and the guy I deal with is a PPG man. Yeah, I know, find someone who uses color rite but this guy is very good and I want him to do the paint. He doesn't cut corners and judging by the hot rods he has in his show room, this guy cares about painting.

So, any one have an solution as far as getting the paint or codes or mixtures for the CBC paint so I can get my trailer painted? Is the CBC color a 2 or 3 part paint? Should I just paint the bike black and be done with it?(NO!) Should I start a paintthetrailer.com web site and accept donations?

I searched the internets for days and found the 04 and 05 bikes are that color and the Rune along with the VTX models. IF I buy the paint, it is 250 a pint (Base and color coats) before any sand paper hits the body, and that is not going to happen. Kinda like putting lip stick on a pig...with a diamond necklace!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paint Codes

Color Rite paint codes:

Top Coat Base Coat

R287 Candy Black Cherry 2245 1245
    Hope this is helpful.
    Mike
    N4AYO
    2004 Candy Black Cherry
    2006 Aluma MCTXL
    Darksider #506
    Prowler #90

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Post Thanks / Like

order your paint from us paint it will match. they make the paint for honda (so I am told) but I do know it will match.. use the 287 code they will know what you are talking about . Get Jo Ann on the phone ..

if you need any help let me know
    thanks tony

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...

My '09 CBC paint code is R-287M.

I wonder if they had two or more batches that were slightly different?

John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    order your paint from us paint it will match. they make the paint for honda (so I am told) but I do know it will match.. use the 287 code they will know what you are talking about . Get Jo Ann on the phone ..

if you need any help let me know
    thanks tony
    He has the paint to mix, he does not have the amounts and codes. If I buy it, it is ridiculously expensive. "US" is Tonys Trikes? Harris auto sales?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
    He has the paint to mix, he does not have the amounts and codes. If I buy it, it is ridiculously expensive. "US" is Tonys Trikes? Harris auto sales?
    no I have nothing to do with us paints. I was just tring to help you .. it is high price but you get what you pay for..

Post Thanks / Like

no I have nothing to do with us paints. I was just tring to help you .. it is high price but you get what you pay for..

U.S. Paint? ok, now I got ya.

edit. http://www.uspaint.com/ they have a Candy Black Cherry Gold Wing on their home page!

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
    I am trying to find out the paint code on my '09 Candy Black Cherry Wing, and All I come up with is R-287. (R-287C) That is a color rite number and the guy I deal with is a PPG man. Yeah, I know, find someone who uses color rite but this guy is very good and I want him to do the paint. He doesn't cut corners and judging by the hot rods he has in his show room, this guy cares about painting.

So, any one have an solution as far as getting the paint or codes or mixtures for the CBC paint so I can get my trailer painted? Is the CBC color a 2 or 3 part paint? Should I just paint the bike black and be done with it?(NO!) Should I start a paintthetrailer.com web site and accept donations?

I searched the internets for days and found the 04 and 05 bikes are that color and the Rune along with the VTX models. IF I buy the paint, it is 250 a pint (Base and color coats) before any sand paper hits the body, and that is not going to happen. Kinda like putting lip stick on a pig...with a diamond necklace!
    The 08's are (R303)
    Reason red paint is so costly, all red paint has gold in it, don't know why! Try U.S.Paint I believe that's the company Honda uses.
    Last edited by James Bertuca; 05-17-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Bertuca View Post
    The 08's are (R303)
    Reason red paint is so costly, all red paint has gold in it, don't know why! Try U.S.Paint I believe that's the company Honda uses.
    I did look it up, I was just about to send an email and I found Minimum order, 2,500.

Post Thanks / Like

you can order smaller amounts. it does cost a lot for shipping. sometimes we order a qt. at a time..

Post Thanks / Like

you can order smaller amounts. it does cost a lot for shipping. sometimes we order a qt. at a time..
    I was in the wrong section. I found they sell as little as a 1/2 pint! I sent the link over to the paint guy and waiting to hear what he says. Thanks for the info guys! I might not have to paint it black after all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that Automotive Touchup (http://www.automotivetouchup.com/) has a paint that is a match for the candy black cherry on the Wings. The color is Honda R525P which is a color on some 2010 Honda cars. I just used it to paint some gray plastic and the exposed part of the frame. It was easy to apply and didn't begin to run. You will need to apply the clear coat to bring out the color. It's a whole lot cheaper and easier to use than the Color-rite brand.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.