GL1800Riders Forums banner

Went to the Darkside for Good yesterday

990 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  michar 
#1 ·
So about a year ago I picked up a used rear GW rim with an old Michelin "X" car tire on it (was NOT an Alpin Primacy). A few months ago I put it on to "test the waters" so to speak, because I am a bit on the aggressive side. It seemed OK, so I thought I should pull the trigger some new rubber, instead of riding around on a tire made in 2002! :eek:4: So I picked up a new Bridgestone Driveguard RF, and installed it on the bike yesterday. Me & the wife took it out today, and for some reason it feels much better than the old Michelin I had on there.

For us, the increased load capacity is the real reason we're going with a car tire. Oh, and the lesser cost and the longer wear time also is nice!

ETA: As someone who is new to the DS, what would be the optimum PSI I should be running in the rear? I'm about 205, the wife is about 130, and I do load up a lot of stuff in my bike. Thanks.

#3 ·
ETA: As someone who is new to the DS, what would be the optimum PSI I should be running in the rear? I'm about 205, the wife is about 130, and I do load up a lot of stuff in my bike. Thanks.
There's a scientific formula for calculating the PSI to use in a CT:

About 32; more or less if you like.

#4 ·
#7 ·
I run 27 psi and find it very comfortable. I get great even wear and super mileage! I currently have over 30,000 smiles on and I am going to change it out in the fall. Good luck and enjoy your ride.:yes1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.