GL1800Riders Forums banner

Brake recall done...now cruise control wont "set"

7K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  xcaliber 
#1 ·
Open question to all. I just had the brake recall done and picked it up last night. Today I took it for a ride and could not use the cruise....it was working no problem the day before this recall process. When I turned on cruise today it turned on as usual....but it would not set at any speed. I tried working the hand brake lever by pulling in and pushing out to make sure it wasn't a sticking lever...again it was working perfectly the day before and all other times I used cruise. I also tried repeatedly applying the foot brake and also used my toe to pull it all the way to the top (it was already at the top position).

Fred Harris and techdude, I hope you read this because I see on someone else's post that you have read the procedure the mechanic follows to complete the recall service and would know what part of that procedure would directly and negatively affect the operation of the cruise control. I will be on the phone with the dealer tomorrow to discuss this, but I'm sure they'll deflect the cause to some other "broken" switch or component and say it had nothing to do with their repair. I don't believe I should have to pay for any repair for this as it was working just great before the repair.

Allen

#29 ·
Which Dealer? Before Wing I had some work done on VTX at El Campo Cycle Center. They did good work then. When I bought the Wing they did the first recall check for me on a Saturday morning, while I watched and asked questions. If I have this recall done, I will be checking with them first. They do get busy on ATV work during hunting season, but will schedule work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.