This is mainly for Pedro, though anyone who knows the answer can chime in.
My GL2Way has been working perfectly on CB and GMRS for weeks now. But just yesterday it started transmitting a loud squeal when transmitting. This squeal is barely audible as a sidetone in my headset but it is actually way louder to the people with whom I am communicating. They report that it is about 10X louder than my voice.
Last night I took the unit out of the trunk, checked all the connections and put it back. The squeal was gone. This morning, the squeal was back. I have checked all the connections in the trunk including the antenna ground and found nothing.