GL1800Riders Forums banner

This popped up on FB

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Lazyboy 
#1 ·
Interesting! You guys got it going!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sadly it does not suprise me. Every town it seemed like had a brewery in the 50's . My father owned a bar when I was 14 and I used to tend bar for him than. I could share stories till dawn at the devastation I seen by the abuse of alcohol . Not something this Wisconsinite is real proud of .:serious:

Reactions: Herbike
#4 ·
It makes me wonder how they determined that ranking. Oshkosh/Neenah were in the the number 2 spot. I don't see that level of drinking going on any more. Back in the day when Oshkosh had 18 year old beer bars and the local college was famous for a party college because of Playboy's article about it things were crazy. I really don't see that any more and so many bars are careful about how much they serve because of liability.

#5 ·
Agreed . Since making bartenders responsible things have changed a lot . But thirsty Thursday's in college is blooming into a full blown obsession makin thier weekends even longer . Pretty freaking glad Betty & I raised Devin the way we did . She tells me stories about school mates that make sad for them, parents ,friends , and so on.

#6 · (Edited)
I heard them talking about this on the radio this morning. Apparently the data was collected by surveying the people who actually live in these areas, and asking them about their own drinking habits. Although I'm not surprised to see some WI towns being in the rankings, I did not expect to see so many of them.

On a side note, I had a chance to go on a poker run this coming weekend. Large ride, for a good cause, with 350+ bikes already signed up. Several of my coworkers are going to go, but after listening to the plans to meet for breakfast and Bloody Mary's and which bars to stop at, I knew this one was not for me. I like a good beer as much as the next guy does, but that's for after the bike is parked for the day.

#7 ·
I agree Ron. I have not done a poker run in many years for that very reason. Drinking and driving does not mix. At least not for me.

#8 ·
But you gotta do the Pew Ride George. Unless of course you can't ride safely under the influence of a pork fritter! :wink2:

Reactions: Pooch
#10 ·
RUIF: Riding under the influence of pork fritters, New state law. Film at 11!!:joke:

#9 ·
I wish Ron. I will be on my way to Nova Scotia.

#12 ·
Wow long time no see my friend. How are you doing. We were just discussing you this last spring ride in. Miss you buddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.