Need installation help on Spy 5000m alarm system
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need installation help on Spy 5000m alarm system

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need installation help on Spy 5000m alarm system

Hey all,

I bought a "SPY 5000M" alarm system for my '10 Wing and was wondering if anyone has had any experience at installing same to their bike? The documentation absolutely sucks. I will probably be able to get it done but not because of any help from their instructions (as in none). I'm considering myself lucky that they gave me a wiring diagram but even that has had its share of gotchyas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

dont worry dave the real answers will come give it a little time,lol
    thanks to the following folks
    1-traxxion
    2-heli bars
    3-sierra electronics
    4-alley kat exhaust
    5-schroaders honda
    6-129 slayer.com
    7-killboy.com
    8-windbender shields
    9-dealsgap.com
    10-wingstuff
    11-mojo tools

the 24 hrs of deals gap
    1001.7 miles
    23 hrs and 52 min
    29,786 turns
    avg. 19 mpg

Post Thanks / Like

There is some info if you google it...mostly for sport bikes, and all of them are "lacking".
    John

2001 GL1800 base

IBA # 25535

"Could you explain that to me as if I we're a particulary gifted child or a golden retriever?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jburd View Post
    There is some info if you google it...mostly for sport bikes, and all of them are "lacking".
    Yeah. I have seen that. And "lacking" is being generous. I did find a better laid out schematic that will probably be helpful. Just nothing specific to the GL1800.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have successfully installed my Spy 5000 alarm system... (thouhts about it)

To anyone who is interested about my experience...

I have installed the Spy 5000 alarm system in my 2010 GW.

I was helped in two ways in getting it installed. The first was through the purchase of the Honda shop manual ($80) for the definitive wiring diagrams and connector locations. The second was through the help of the neighbor up the street who has installed numerous security systems while working at a part time job.

I chose not to hook up the remote start option. This was because I didn't want to take the chance that I might screw up the bike's main control module. I'm pretty sure we could of gotten it done but I just don't feel I needed it. Everything else works perfectly.

The adjustment of the proximity alarm is pretty sensitive but it works great!

E-mail me if you are interested and I'll take some detailed pix and provide a wiring chart.

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Default spy 5000

I also have the spy 5000 to install in my 04 wing. Any help would be deeply appreciated
    Mario

Banning, Ca

mmkarbiz2@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.