Good day for a ride
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good day for a ride

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good day for a ride

I road 155 mi. today the temp. was 57 to 61 deg.what a great winter day for Ne.

Don
    I CAN GET THERE FROM HERE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could have went along but had the little guy today. Tomorrow I hear it calling me though. I think Al C. and I are going to take a ride to Gretna and beyond tomorrow. Supposed to be close to 60. Whooopppeee
    IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!
    06 TITANIUM W/2011 MOTOR TRIKE IRS
    PAST DARKSIDER #58
    VIETNAM VET 66-67
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE PATRIOT GUARD
    AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS

Post Thanks / Like

There you retired people go again, Just rub it in
    Darksider #322
    Bridgestone 709 front
    Yokohama envigor zps rear
    USAF VET
    Crew Chief F106 Interceptor
    Patriot Guard Rider
    05 SILVER

Post Thanks / Like

Ok rub rub rub rub. Dave, Bob and I rode yesterday, even hooked when we rode by your house. I plan to ride today if I can get free of the contractor working on my house. I hope my friend can go also it will be first time with passenger after triking.
    Last edited by Grog; 01-05-2012 at 01:56 PM.

05 Goldwing Motor Trike, Second place Asian Full Custom Trike. Abate Bike Show Feb 17, 12
    I rode Moto Guzzi motorcycles for years, Am a friend of Bill W.
    All though life I've had to make choices and sometimes I make the right one.
    http://gl1800riders.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2392
    Jesus is the reason for the season.
    I now also have a 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

Post Thanks / Like

Weekday riding isn't just for the retired anymore.

I put the Gerbings on at 6:00 AM this morning and made the 55 mile trip to work. Temp was 27 when I pulled out of the garage, but I was toasty warm.

Is it 4:30 yet? The 55 mile trip home may have to be extended tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

N E Wing, I thought you guys moved out of the country. Nobodys heard from either of you since last spring. Hope everything is well. +1 on the heated gear. I just got a heated pant liner to go with my jacket liner. Have not tried it out yet but have high hopes for it. Take care & tell Mark hello!!!
    PAST DARKSIDER #58
    VIETNAM VET 66-67
    AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS

Post Thanks / Like

Where have you two been? Asleep all summer.
    I CAN GET THERE FROM HERE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello guys. We are still around, just haven't been on the board much. Read it nearly every day, but just haven't posted much.

I didn't ride nearly as much as I would have liked this summer. Who knew that a kids soccer team would take up so much time. How have you guys been?

Post Thanks / Like

Rode with Hnkymn and friend Fri.. Than our group rode on Sat. Three wings a Valk. and my Trike have put over 800 sense picking it up Dec 23. We will ride every Sat the weather allows. My Trike goes back to Rod's Tus. for some small things. I go to knee Dr today to get options on what to do about the pain.

05 Goldwing Motor Trike, Second place Asian Full Custom Trike. Abate Bike Show Feb 17, 12

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, Bob and Steve or going riding Sat. Don't know were they are meeting up. I'm still down from knee surgery. Can't bend knee far enough to shift bike. So I'll be stuck at home poor, poor me. Nice weather for a ride and I can't go.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Grog hope the knee is getting better. Had a good ride to Daytona, weather has been a little wet at times so far. Got to see a lot so far and hoping for a lot more. The other guys are supposed to be in tomorrow, so let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!
    PAST DARKSIDER #58
    VIETNAM VET 66-67
    AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hndymn View Post
    Hey Grog hope the knee is getting better. Had a good ride to Daytona, weather has been a little wet at times so far. Got to see a lot so far and hoping for a lot more. The other guys are supposed to be in tomorrow, so let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!

Great have fun wish I could of gone. I tried to get on bike Sat. like I said still can not bend knee enough to shift. I went over to Bob's Fri and set and watched him and Dave work on there bikes. I told Bob he just can't leave it alone. I broke both my ague shields Fog lights the last time I rode not happy about that as it's $125 each to replace them. So I may just have a some dark holes for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sat 23 ride

There is a ride Sat 23, 2012. Meet at Casey's NW48th & Hwy 34 9:30 AM leave at 9:45 AM. Don't know were there going. Just show up and make a suggestion if you know were you would like to go. I will try to be there but not sure if knee will let me yet. Have Fun.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

where did you guys go?

Post Thanks / Like

We rode to new Honda dealer in Clarkson NE. (he has several used Goldwings and is just getting started) Doug bought a trailer. My trike was the only bike that had a hitch with ball (others had hitch but did not have receiver and ball on bike) so I towed it back to Lincoln for him. We had ten bikes on the ride we stopped in Grand Island for lunch. We will be doing some picnic rides this summer. We try to ride from the NW 48st and Hyw 34 Casey's every Sat. During summer we meet at 8:00 and leave at 8:30 AM. But right now it depends on weather this last weekend we meet and left an hour later. Don't know plans for this weekend yet but will add it here when I hear. After you been on ride with us we add you to our text list that gets sent out. On Thursday or Friday. From Dave or Bob M..

The ride this Saturday meet up at Casey's NW 48th & Hyw 34 8:00 AM side stands up at 8:30 Am. So hope to see you there.

For second weekend in a row we had 10 bikes. A Kawasaki and a Yamaha the rest were wings. Two 1800, one 1500 Motortrikes, one GL1200 and four GL1800 bikes. We rode south on Hyw 77 than to Brownsville Ne crossed over into MO than rode north on Loose Hills. We stopped in Neb City, NE for lunch. Than Hyw 2 to Lincoln.
    Last edited by Grog; 04-02-2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: add Saturday ride

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.