Roadsmith Trike Kit?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roadsmith Trike Kit?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roadsmith Trike Kit?

Anyone have knowledge of this? Tell me all that you can! Does it compare to the Motortike Kit? A friend of mine is looking to buy one.
    #289 on the DARKSIDE If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine just bought one Saturday. It was a toss up between the motortrike and the Roadsmith, he got the 2012 roadsmith. All I can say is I think they look better and it is a blast to ride.

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Roadsmith

OK I had a roadsmith installed. The installer sucked but I did not know this at the time. He did a terrible job. THE BAD

NOW THE GOOD: Went down to Daytona for bike week stopped at the Roadsmith trike shop. Asked a few questions about the trike.

They put it in the shop to look at it. Well I was going on a cruise so let it it stay there for one week. They completely went through

the kit fixed everything even did a few adjustments to the bike. ALL THIS AT NO COST TO ME, except to leave bike so they could work on it.

It did not cost me a penny. Plus they made the original installer come to Daytona to watch and learn while they corrected the items.

I can not say enough GOOD things about a Roadsmith. Plus it is a great handling trike. I have since had a Champion which I liked

but am looking at a another Roadsmith in the near future. My experience only. Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Roadsmith and the folks at the Trike Shop of Daytona are incredible in every way...before, during and after the sale
    Best regards,
    Michael Polissky
    "If you cheat, may you cheat death. If you steal, may you steal a woman’s heart. And if you drink, may you drink with me!"

My Roadsmith Trike in Moving Pictures - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Voe5R3DOG8
    2008 Metallic Red GL1800 with 2009 Roadsmith Trike Conversion, Traxxion Suspension and much more...

Post Thanks / Like

Default RoadSmith Trike Kit

Have put 22,000 on my RoadSmith Trike Kit since having it installed 18 months ago and Love it. Also the service in Dayton at The Trike Shop is the best. It is worth anybody's time that is looking at triking to try out the new RoadSmith kit.

2008 Caliente Red GW with 2010 RoadSmith HT1800 Trike Kit. 2010 4ft America's Best Trailer

Post Thanks / Like

we do about 70-90 Roadsmith's trikes a year.All I can say is there is never a problem with any of them..

Post Thanks / Like

Love my Road Smith and the company support. It's much simpler but proven mechanism, longer wheelbase, has automatic ride height control and it looks good. Love the ride!

The installer is key! (True for any trike)

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You can call the The Trike Shop and get help anytime they are open. I didn't have any luck calling Motor Trike. You get the car part numbers for all of the items that are from a car. That means when you need brake pads they are much less expensive.
    Dave

03 Gl1800 with 08 Roadsmith

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    we do about 70-90 Roadsmith's trikes a year.All I can say is there is never a problem with any of them..

Some preferences with trike kits are personal, and we are all different in what we like. But what Mr. Harris states above has been absolutely correct in my experience with one RoadSmith conversion. In my mind, the peace of mind and confidence in the design and performance of the RoadSmith kit, plus the way the Trike Shop stands behind it's great product makes it the best choice overall. I bought mine to ride, and the things I read here and hear otherwise reinforce my belief that I made a very wise choice when I bought a RoadSmith. I can also testify that if any of you are interested in a great installer, you should contact Bill and Beverly at Pickups, Trikes, and More located just north of Portales, New Mexico.
    So long ... Pudge
    Southeastern New Mexico'06 gold GL 1800 with Roadsmith trike kit"

Those who would give up liberty and freedom for safety and security deserve neither and will lose both" Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Roadsmith rides better than the Motor Trike. It is longer and a little wider. I have a MT and 70K on and love the ride, and the active air system, but a little bumpy for the wife on occasion. Cant go wrong with the Roadsmith.
    George Patrick Th.D.
    2012-GL1800,Hannigan Gen2
    2009 Roll-A-Home
    CMA Chapter #854
    USMC 66-74

Heb 13:2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.