Sirius/xm renewal
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44

Thread: Sirius/xm renewal

  1. #1
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Second right past the light, third house on the left. The dog is cool.
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sirius/xm renewal

    It's renewal time & they jacked the price. I've had XM on the Wing since new and I'd like to keep it.

    What are good tactics you've used to get the $ down over the phone?
    What's their response if you call to cancel?
    How long does it take to have service cut off if you just don't pay?

    Thanks for anything.
    JK
    Fighting for YOUR right to revise any post you don't like.
    '05 GL1800 Silver
    '87 HD FXR Low Rider
    '80 KZ750

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Seasoned Member flyerq68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Let it expire, in short order they will be contacting you with all kinds of deals to re-up.
    KEN.....................Duct tape can't fix stupid.....but it sure can muffle the sound.

    2003 GL1800 Durango Red
    2000 Champion Colorado trailer
    1981 Yamaha XT 250 bought new, still have
    1967 Honda scrambler 90 bought new, still have
    1976 Honda CB750K bought new, wish I still had
    GWRRA http://www.hondagw1800.com/contactlist.pdf

  4. #3
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Menomonee Falls, WI
    Posts
    708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is a little known fact that "if" you tell them you want a lifetime membership.
    The cost will be a lot cheaper. The only problem is you pay upfront. I've had friends
    who have done this with their cars. If you get a new car, you have to pay a transfer
    fee.
    04 Titanium ABS
    06 CVO Ultra
    07 Bushtec Quantum Sport
    97 Valkyrie Tourer (retired)
    03 Heritage Softail (retired)
    ---------------------------
    The Tazmun

  5. #4
    Seasoned Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Franklin, KY.
    Posts
    1,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My "Trial subscription" ended after purchasing my 2012 Wing. They sent me this OBSCENE invoice for renewal, so I decided to let it just END. I thought I was going to put the bike up for the winter, so there was no need for XM radio on a bike that is parked.

    Well, it appears that I can still ride (at least for now) even in the cold weather.

    SiriusXM sent me a "We Want you Back!" offer. I decided to take advantage of it. I now have six months of service on my Wing's XM radio (without the traffic or weather) for a total price of $33.26.

    I told the salesman that their prices were obscene, especially for a bike that is only ridden occasionally . He said that in order to get the BEST prices, you had to call in "a week or so before your current subscription runs out." Then they will tell you about their current offers for continued service and you can select the one that makes the most sense to you.

    He said that if you just start up service on a dead radio or "automatically renew", they will charge you the premium price! They'll try to get top dollar, but they REALLY want your continued business, so the price is "very negotiable." (His words)

    As he was completing the order, he said I'd get six months for $34.65 (I wrote it down)

    THEN he went on and said, "Okay, so you're getting six months of service for $36.76 and that will ..."

    I wrote down $36.76

    I said, "Excuse me? You JUST quoted me $34.65. Why did the price go up over $2.00 in a matter of a minute? "

    He paused and said, "What price did I quote you?"

    I replied, "$34.65."

    He said, "Hold on. let me do something ... Okay your price is $33.26. That's my FINAL ANSWER!" (In reference to the game show, I guess )

    I wrote THAT down.

    "So I will charge your credit card for $33.76 for six months ..."


    I said, "Wait a minute! You just raised it by fifty cents!"

    He said, "I changed to another screen. What was the final number I gave you? it is easier to ask you than to go back."

    I said, "Your FINAL PRICE was $33.26. What is it? Do you guys just have a big glass bowl with little slips of paper in them, with different prices written on them, and you just reach in and pull out a number? I've never seen a company that cannot give a customer a firm price for a service offered! Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?"

    He apologized. He said, "Okay Mr. Jones. I have you service started up again for $33.26, total cost for six months of service. Remember to call in before it expires to get the best renewal rates..."

    I don't know HOW SiriusXm sells their service. I suspect that a person can become an "independent dealer" and when a customer calls the toll-free number, the call is simply routed to the next salesman sitting in his mom's basement with a Nintendo in front of him. It SEEMS like he sells the service for a random price above an established minimum. Perhaps S/XM says, "When you sell a subscription, you will pay us $15.00 for six months. Anything you sell it for over that is yours to keep." I really believe that the S/XM service is priced like a taxicab! The cabbie leases the cab for $700 per week, and he can charge ANY price he chooses for the fare. It really seemed like this guy was using a calculator while we were talking ... "Lets see ... if I mark it up 6.525% for my commission, the prices is ... Hmmm ... it sounds like he is going to back off. What if I mark it up 5.875% ... then the price is ..."

    When I renew, I'm going to ell them that if they can give me S/XM service for $8.00 per month, I'll take it. Otherwise, our business relationship is concluded, so have a nice day!
    http://www.joejinky.com

    Darkside Rider # 1238


    Patron Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the GOA
    Proud Member of the 3%

    Sandy Hook was STAGED. I will pay $25,000.00 to the first person who can PROVE otherwise.

  6. #5
    Seasoned Member heliflier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Frozen North East
    Posts
    452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trick with canceling the subscription didn't work for me... it's either whom you get or they don't care.... I was about a week before the end of 3 year subscription .....

    2008 GL 1800 Titanium

    It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.

  7. #6
    Seasoned Member glarson3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    nowhere, everywhere
    Posts
    2,662
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good info Gravedigger. I'm looking to renew my XM service. Might give them a call tonight. My 3 month introduction expired a while ago, but I'm thinking I may try to go the lifetime route.
    Costa Mesa, CA
    2012 Red level 3

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What really pisses me off is that the web page they give you for their special offer NEVER works and always instructs you to call them. I have TWO different special offer letters from them for 2 vehicles and I just went to the www.siriusxm.com/backtoxm address and NEITHER of my radio ESN or Account numbers work.

    We are unable to complete this transaction online. Please call Listener Care at (866) 635-2489. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Cruiseman; 02-16-2012 at 02:24 PM.

  9. #8
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Windsor Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyerq68 View Post
    Let it expire, in short order they will be contacting you with all kinds of deals to re-up.

    That's my experience as well.

    Roger
    _____________________

  10. #9
    Seasoned Member mack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sunny Riverview , Fl (Tampa Bay)
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I feel yall, I just renewed mine from my trial, $86++++=$109 and change, for a year, they sent me a invoice, I went to Amscot and got a money order and sent to them , my balance for the year is 0, I didn't even want to let them near my CC or bank info, lol, lol, no way Jose. they also went up to $86 as of 01/01/12 as if I had done it before the end of 2011 it would have been $77 ++++. Had to also do over the phone as like you when tried on the internet I met the same resistance. So with that being said I have a year to ponder their future with me.
    Last edited by mack; 02-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    2012 Level 3 Pearl White GL1800 & 2013 Pearl White & Silver Bushtec GL/GT Trailer

  11. #10
    Seasoned Member bkdraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chillicothe, Texas and Bella Vista, AR
    Posts
    1,964
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When I purchased my 05 GMC I signed up for 3 years, then renewed it again. Now, since I ride my wing most of the time to work and we take the wifes car (better gas mileage) I cant justify the cost of the XM, so I did not renew when they sent me the bill for 3 more years. Then they started sending me letters that I owed the bill so I finally called them. At least they were pretty nice on the phone, better than before. I told them I did not want to renew and so they still wanted me to pay for the couple of months that went past the renew date, but they finally waved that so I did not pay them anything. Now once or month or more I get emails and letters wanting me to pay the $25 for 6 months, but......after the 6 months they auto renew you at the full price. I know I could call and cancel, but I dont miss it all that much anyway. I learned several yrs ago to NEVER give them you credit card number, just tell them to send a bill. At least that way they cannot just charge your cc when it comes due. Lot more trouble to get your money back once they have it.
    James

    01 Illusion Red GL1800 Race Tech
    2003 Hannigan Europa

    #529
    Dunlop 175/60/16 Wintersport
    ATGATT Because walking away in disgust is better than riding away in an ambulance!
    www.grahampage.info


  12. #11
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man!! You guys down south really get it cheap!! My renewal was just up and the best they would do was about $126 and change + tax!! (for 1 year) I now listen to my favorite songs in the truck and on the bike on an Ipod........Ken

  13. #12
    Seasoned Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Franklin, KY.
    Posts
    1,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.joejinky.com

    Darkside Rider # 1238


    Patron Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the GOA
    Proud Member of the 3%

    Sandy Hook was STAGED. I will pay $25,000.00 to the first person who can PROVE otherwise.

  14. #13
    Seasoned Member SilvrT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What I do is suspend the service in the fall .... there's no rate change, no renewal fees, no payments.... until it is reactivated in the spring. What's more, for some reason I can still receive a signal and listen to music during the suspend period. I do get a message that says "subscription has been updated, press any key to continue" but I disregard that. I have it set on the 60's and leave it there.
    "every time you bend your principles - whether because you don't want to worry about it, or because you're afraid to stand up for fear of what you might lose - you sell your soul to the devil"
    DS#1241
    Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.


  15. #14
    Seasoned Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Franklin, KY.
    Posts
    1,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
    What really pisses me off is that the web page they give you for their special offer NEVER works and always instructs you to call them.

    We are unable to complete this transaction online. Please call Listener Care at (866) 635-2489. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    I wonder what the gu'mint would do, when they found out that XM is playing this GAME with it's subscribers? If their web site NEVER completes a transaction, then it is fraudulent.

    I got the same message and called to complete my last transaction with them. Perhaps someone in law enforcement should look into this SCAM that S/XM is running.
    http://www.joejinky.com

    Darkside Rider # 1238


    Patron Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the GOA
    Proud Member of the 3%

    Sandy Hook was STAGED. I will pay $25,000.00 to the first person who can PROVE otherwise.

  16. #15
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Second right past the light, third house on the left. The dog is cool.
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GRAVEDIGGER...
    I'M PRINTING & FRAMING YOUR POSTS #4 AND #12. AMAZING.

    Sounds like a good plan. I'll call just before it runs out. If it doesn't pan out in my favor I'll let it go till I hear from them. My bill is higher than you all have been talking about, I use 2 receivers with a "discount" for the second one.
    If it cancels and I crank it back up, I reckon there's a fee (+ tax on the fee). But I've heard it can take months to disappear.
    JK
    Fighting for YOUR right to revise any post you don't like.
    '05 GL1800 Silver
    '87 HD FXR Low Rider
    '80 KZ750

  17. #16
    Seasoned Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Franklin, KY.
    Posts
    1,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My Customer Satisfaction Response:

    I was quoted THREE different prices in a single call. It seemed as if the rep was pulling numbers out of a hat! I hope you are aware of the FACT that Sirius/XM radio has a well-EARNED reputation for "playing games" with pricing. When people get a S/XM radio, they are interested in continued service, but your pricing practices make it a VERY unpleasant experience for the consumer, and it is well known that one should NOT use a credit card to purchase service from you, because S/XM CANNOT be trusted with the DATA. When a customer chooses NOT to renew, you charge him anyway and he has to fight to have the charges reversed. Is your company's reputation of ANY concern to you? Among Gold Wing owners, the consensus in the Internet forums is that the price for S/XM hinges ENTIRELY on which rep answers the phone and what sort of mood he is in. People in the forums say, "If you don't like the price, hang up and call back later. You'll get a lower price." These are silly, childish games that are more troublesome than they are worth. No company ever earned a customer's loyalty by leaving him with the feeling that he has just been taken.

    I ran a business for 13 years. I operated on a NO SURPRISES policy. My prices were the same for everyone. Subscribing to S/XM radio is an experience not unlike negotiating with a sleazy used car salesman, and it leaves the consumer with a bitter feeling of regret for having purchased your services, and opens the door to BUYER'S REMORSE.

    You folks REALLY need to work on your pricing, and your policies. I'd GLADLY pay for five years of service UP FRONT for each of my XM radio receivers, if your pricing was stable, reasonable and not so chaotic and disjointed. I was told that ONLY the short term activations were offered at a discount, while the LONG TERM activations were being charged at the premium price. Does this make ANY sense to you? Why do you PUNISH customers who indicate that they are seeking a long term business relationship with you? Your longest term commitments should offer the LOWEST per-month cost.

    I'll contact you in six months when this term expires, and I will decide THEN, whether or not to renew my subscriptions.
    http://www.joejinky.com

    Darkside Rider # 1238


    Patron Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the GOA
    Proud Member of the 3%

    Sandy Hook was STAGED. I will pay $25,000.00 to the first person who can PROVE otherwise.

  18. #17
    Seasoned Member UKTURFROCKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mt. Sterling KY
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im on hold with them now and I thru this guy for a loop. Hes chatting with his manager now. This is sooo much fun !!1




    Lithiummotorsports.com

  19. #18
    Seasoned Member Jon Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adel, Iowa
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This sure sounds like DirecTV! We live in the country so cable is not available, we've gone the whole gamut -- huge satellite dish (not so great) and then DirecTV for the last 15 years? or there abouts. Satellite TV is light years ahead of where it was in 1990 when we left the big city. L O N G story short, I wanted more Hi Def receivers with only one DVR and the cost was unbelievable even though I had been a long term customer. Used my wife's cell phone # and her name for a "new" account and dropped the old account -- you should have heard them scream when I bailed on our old phone # and my name ------- I'll never understand why corporations don't take good care of proven customers. We added three new Hi Def receivers with one DVR, monthly bills went down $40.00 and will lock in at a new lower rate than previous. Unbelievable.

    PS -- we really like DirecTV, rarely goes out in thunderstorms anymore. It's not perfect but it's pretty darn good.

    PSS -- we bought a new car 3 weeks ago with SiriusXM, can hardly wait for the free period to expire, ugh.
    Last edited by Jon Roberts; 02-16-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Jon

    [

  20. #19
    Seasoned Member flyerq68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree, never let them have your credit card #, I don't remember signing up for auto renewal, but that's what I got. They do notify me in advance to give me a chance to cancel. What's really weird, my amex card was compromised by a fraudulent tranaction, (not xm), and the card was canceled. Amex fedexed me a new card with a new number the next day. The next xm renewal was charged to the new number. I never gave xm the new info.
    KEN.....................Duct tape can't fix stupid.....but it sure can muffle the sound.

    2003 GL1800 Durango Red
    2000 Champion Colorado trailer
    1981 Yamaha XT 250 bought new, still have
    1967 Honda scrambler 90 bought new, still have
    1976 Honda CB750K bought new, wish I still had
    GWRRA http://www.hondagw1800.com/contactlist.pdf

  21. #20
    Chromeaphobe laen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    16,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My XM/Sirus too expires in March sometime. I used a credit card that can only be used once so no automatic charges. I plan to let it lapse and then renew. Or I may go to just Pandora on the bike or Ipod

    2010 Red GL1800 Traxxion/Centramatic
    2005 Silver GL1800-TE(sold)
    LIMNCS#1, GWRRA
    Iron Butt-B2B,BB1500,SS1000
    Michelin Alpin PA3-R, B'Stone 709-F

  22. #21
    Seasoned Member UKTURFROCKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mt. Sterling KY
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was paying 120 a year for 70 channels. I picked up 140 channels for 94.43 for the year. Such BS with the company I love it though. They them qouted me 200 bucks a yr for my zumo with weather and I said nooooo way. I cant believe this but this thread saved my some money so thank you.




    Lithiummotorsports.com

  23. #22
    Seasoned Member GA-Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 3rd year in a row at $77 a year

    Each year I call them and tell them I will not renew my subscription at their inflated rate. Every time I get the $77 a year deal. One year I had to ask for a manager and still got the deal.

    Best of luck with your deal.
    GA-Charlie

  24. #23
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Second right past the light, third house on the left. The dog is cool.
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, I couldn't wait. Had to dig in, sounded like fun.

    It took a total of about 20 minutes on hold, and instructing the "rep" to slow the hell down and use his indoor voice, but as a "long time, valued, faithful blah blah etc. etc." ...I'm in for 40% off my bill (assuming that's what the new bill says).

    It would have been a bit better if I'd paid by credit card over the phone and been automatically enrolled in autopay every year. That wasn't going to happen, despite this 12 year old's assurance it was for my convenience only....the scum.
    JK
    Fighting for YOUR right to revise any post you don't like.
    '05 GL1800 Silver
    '87 HD FXR Low Rider
    '80 KZ750

  25. #24
    Seasoned Member Jon Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adel, Iowa
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    laen --

    I have Pandora on my iPhone and really enjoy it, PLUS it's free
    Jon

    [

  26. #25
    Seasoned Member Coldwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Centreville,Virginia. '08 II
    Posts
    990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've had ((XM )) in my service van for six years ( never on a bike ). I finally let it expire and it did yesterday. I'm going through withdraws and I'd rather not talk about it right now.
    #1039

  27. #26
    Seasoned Member UKTURFROCKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mt. Sterling KY
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you drive for a living more than 3 hours a day its a must unless you want to hear about all the great car deals and how to get rid of your acne every 5 minutes.




    Lithiummotorsports.com

  28. #27
    Seasoned Member Jayhawkokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Grove, OK
    Posts
    496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Three weeks ago they called and I renewed mine for 6 months for $24.99, and I talked them into letting me wait until May 1 to activate it. We'll see if I get the runaround in May when I call to activate, I haven't given them a cc number yet, may ask if I can send a money order instead. I did actually get to talk to an American this time.


    Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

  29. #28
    Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    1,456
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrT View Post
    What I do is suspend the service in the fall .... there's no rate change, no renewal fees, no payments.... until it is reactivated in the spring. What's more, for some reason I can still receive a signal and listen to music during the suspend period. I do get a message that says "subscription has been updated, press any key to continue" but I disregard that. I have it set on the 60's and leave it there.
    LOL... Thats funny cause I do the same thing and mine works all winter also..But mine always stops working in early April...Just in time for the new season..

  30. #29
    Seasoned Member murf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,019
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    My "Trial subscription" ended after purchasing my 2012 Wing. They sent me this OBSCENE invoice for renewal, so I decided to let it just END. I thought I was going to put the bike up for the winter, so there was no need for XM radio on a bike that is parked.

    Well, it appears that I can still ride (at least for now) even in the cold weather.

    SiriusXM sent me a "We Want you Back!" offer. I decided to take advantage of it. I now have six months of service on my Wing's XM radio (without the traffic or weather) for a total price of $33.26.

    I told the salesman that their prices were obscene, especially for a bike that is only ridden occasionally . He said that in order to get the BEST prices, you had to call in "a week or so before your current subscription runs out." Then they will tell you about their current offers for continued service and you can select the one that makes the most sense to you.

    He said that if you just start up service on a dead radio or "automatically renew", they will charge you the premium price! They'll try to get top dollar, but they REALLY want your continued business, so the price is "very negotiable." (His words)

    As he was completing the order, he said I'd get six months for $34.65 (I wrote it down)

    THEN he went on and said, "Okay, so you're getting six months of service for $36.76 and that will ..."

    I wrote down $36.76

    I said, "Excuse me? You JUST quoted me $34.65. Why did the price go up over $2.00 in a matter of a minute? "

    He paused and said, "What price did I quote you?"

    I replied, "$34.65."

    He said, "Hold on. let me do something ... Okay your price is $33.26. That's my FINAL ANSWER!" (In reference to the game show, I guess )

    I wrote THAT down.

    "So I will charge your credit card for $33.76 for six months ..."


    I said, "Wait a minute! You just raised it by fifty cents!"

    He said, "I changed to another screen. What was the final number I gave you? it is easier to ask you than to go back."

    I said, "Your FINAL PRICE was $33.26. What is it? Do you guys just have a big glass bowl with little slips of paper in them, with different prices written on them, and you just reach in and pull out a number? I've never seen a company that cannot give a customer a firm price for a service offered! Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?"

    He apologized. He said, "Okay Mr. Jones. I have you service started up again for $33.26, total cost for six months of service. Remember to call in before it expires to get the best renewal rates..."

    I don't know HOW SiriusXm sells their service. I suspect that a person can become an "independent dealer" and when a customer calls the toll-free number, the call is simply routed to the next salesman sitting in his mom's basement with a Nintendo in front of him. It SEEMS like he sells the service for a random price above an established minimum. Perhaps S/XM says, "When you sell a subscription, you will pay us $15.00 for six months. Anything you sell it for over that is yours to keep." I really believe that the S/XM service is priced like a taxicab! The cabbie leases the cab for $700 per week, and he can charge ANY price he chooses for the fare. It really seemed like this guy was using a calculator while we were talking ... "Lets see ... if I mark it up 6.525% for my commission, the prices is ... Hmmm ... it sounds like he is going to back off. What if I mark it up 5.875% ... then the price is ..."

    When I renew, I'm going to ell them that if they can give me S/XM service for $8.00 per month, I'll take it. Otherwise, our business relationship is concluded, so have a nice day!
    Within a week after I cancelled S/XM, they were offering me 6 months for 25 bucks. I didn't take them up on the offer.

  31. #30
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Marysville, WA
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default No XM or ONSTAR

    I called and tried to cancel when it was time to renew. As soon as I told them “cancel” they had to transfer me to someone else, phone disconnected…. I called back an hour later and they hung up a second time.
    Third time I told them I sold the bike and they finally helped me get rid of the service but not until they had tried endlessly to get me into another radio. I hate that type of business practice and customer service. Never again will I get xm.

    The same holds true for ONSTAR and their (lack of) customer privacy. When I found out they track your movements and sell the information to a third party even after you cancel their service I had the service and data connection disabled on my truck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •