Back from Texas - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back from Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Out to the 12th looks cavok. http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2012/50cc/weather.html
    Wouldn't expect that to change. Put in for the 13th off.
    Marc

08 Titanium
    00 ST1100 ABS
    IBA # 505 Honored to be a PGR Member
    DS# 1425
    Ever feel like you've been there and got the T-Shirt? "Per Ardua Ad Astra"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flyguy405 View Post
    Out to the 12th looks cavok. http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2012/50cc/weather.html
    Wouldn't expect that to change. Put in for the 13th off.
    Works for me....Any others want to join Marc and me for a fun ride? No real hard days, some great road food (and a little not so great), the best motorcycling Texas has to offer, and it should be perfect WX for crossing the desert.
    Bubba1 & Ms.Bubba aka Ken & Pat
    IBA Member 33312
    '08 Titanium ABS, 06 VTX 1300S, V500LT

There are no simple answers to complex problems, if there were, it wouldn't be a problem.

"Opinions without knowledge are shameful and ugly things" Plato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba1 View Post
    Works for me....Any others want to join Marc and me for a fun ride? No real hard days, some great road food (and a little not so great), the best motorcycling Texas has to offer, and it should be perfect WX for crossing the desert.
    Y'all have fun, ride safe, and eat well. We're moving on the 12th, I have a charity driving event at Firebird on the 14th, and then we're unpacking the rest of the weekend. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with some Rudy's for the weekend.
    Brian & Brenda * IBA 50053 & 50354 * 2002 Goldwing * 2001 Concours * AMA Champion Member

Want to ride a SaddleSore 1000? Read the Archive Of Wisdom * Tour Of Honor Rider * Patriot Guard Rider

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
    Y'all have fun, ride safe, and eat well. We're moving on the 12th, I have a charity driving event at Firebird on the 14th, and then we're unpacking the rest of the weekend. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with some Rudy's for the weekend.
    I feel your moving pain....enjoy your BBQAF (BBQ Appearing Food) ...I'll have link for you. BTW, Pat and I are talking about a Southern Utah weekend before it gets too hot for her, I'll have to ride as the CinC directs so no long days but it could be kinda fun weekend.
    IBA Member 33312

There are no simple answers to complex problems, if there were, it wouldn't be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Zion and Bryce would be good for a relaxing weekend. As would the North Rim of the GC, then Zion, then Bryce for a 4 day weekend.
    Brian & Brenda * IBA 50053 & 50354 * 2002 Goldwing * 2001 Concours * AMA Champion Member

Want to ride a SaddleSore 1000? Read the Archive Of Wisdom * Tour Of Honor Rider * Patriot Guard Rider

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, Will meet you at TTT at 415-430am. Not sure which Bike I'll take. We need to book a room somewhere for Saturday. What time do you think we'll be at City Market? Have a buddy that may join us.
    Marc

08 Titanium
    00 ST1100 ABS
    DS# 1425

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, Will meet you at TTT at 415-430am. Not sure which Bike I'll take. We need to book a room somewhere for Saturday. What time do you think we'll be at City Market? Have a buddy that may join us.
    Works for me....my guess is around 1600 to 1700, could be earlier but too many places to just hang and enjoy the Hill Country to be in too big a hurry. I'm open to any place Saturday, even San Antonio and doing the River Walk Saturday evening, though smaller and less hectic would be my preference. Let's wait until we meet up with Ken and Mary Friday and see what they would like before we book 'em.

BTW, nice problem to have....do I take the red one or the dirt colored one .
    IBA Member 33312

Post Thanks / Like

You two have fun...and I better see BBQ pr0n in this thread

● DS #512 ● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Search Problems? Try this with Google: <search term> site:gl1800riders.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, Will have to take a raincheck on this one. Heading out to a friend's funeral in KS. She was co-pilot on the first all female B-52 crew. Take care on the ride. http://www.lauerfuneralhome.com/obit...les_2012_04_07
    Marc

08 Titanium
    00 ST1100 ABS
    DS# 1425

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, Will have to take a raincheck on this one. Heading out to a friend's funeral in KS. She was co-pilot on the first all female B-52 crew. Take care on the ride. http://www.lauerfuneralhome.com/obit...les_2012_04_07
    Marc,

So sorry to hear, we are at the age where good people are going to go....shame but...

I'll have a link for you and Veronica

Ken
    IBA Member 33312

Post Thanks / Like

Have 2. They are some of the best I ever had.
    Marc

08 Titanium
    00 ST1100 ABS
    DS# 1425

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba1 View Post
    Marc,

So sorry to hear, we are at the age where good people are going to go....shame but...
    Wow. She was just 37. Melanoma is rough... took my dad at age 41. Marc, very sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx Brian and Ken. Good lady and a fine Officer. There is also a exhibit with her in DC at the Women's Memorial.
    Marc

08 Titanium
    00 ST1100 ABS
    DS# 1425

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=... and will be getting our BBQ fix at the new Rudy's in Chandler. No need to go to TX, at least for food....might even sell the Wing. Best of luck on your ride.[/QUOTE]

Forgive them Father, they know not of which they speak . Shame to sell the Wing but that time comes for all of us. Thanks, there might even be a bowl of gumbo with my name on it, I'll see once I'm in Junction.
    IBA Member 33312

Post Thanks / Like

Well, everybody decided to take a rain check this weekend. WX looks a little questionable and my Texas buddies wanted to push it to next weekend, I thought about turning around and going west but CA looks even worse, so it's a push....Twisted Sisters and BBQ the weekend of the 20th instead of the 13th. The offer still stands if anyone wants to make the run.
    IBA Member 33312

Post Thanks / Like

Default TX BBQ & the 3's.

When in Leakey for lunch or dinner check out the 'Feed Lot' (great home cooking and specials). And always love breakfast at LaLa's.
    In Lockhart check out Kreuz's or Black's. I like Kreuz's Q & Black's sausage. In a pinch, Smiity's will do too. But the best too me is Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX. Just about 7 miles from Buda off 35. And I can pass Cooper's, just not the same after the others.

There is a Super 8 in Fredericksburg on East Main St.
    Call (877-776-7283) and ask for Craig the GM. He is known as Raderrods on our www.texasxriders.com site. He usually cuts a little off his regular rate when there are rally's in the area. Maybe you could make a connection and start staying there on your ride thru back to AZ and he would make you a deal. Also if you have never eaten a burger at Porky's on the way out of Fred. on the West end or ridden out to the Bat Caves and eaten at the Alamo Springs Cafe you are definitely missing some good food.

Last, my wife is from Anthony. TX and the locals don't go much, but we enjoy eating at the La Posta in Mesilla, NM. Take Exit 140 & go South on Hwy 28 for 1.5miles to the town. At the 2nd light go right to the Town Square...great drinks and good food for a break from the road.

Ride Safe and Ride Long!!
    Last edited by beaux43; 04-25-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Darksider #878
    2008 Pearl White
    2009 Aluma MCXTL
    Dble Drk: Frt.- BTX 45 & Rear - Kumho 195/55
    2003 VTX 1800R - custom paint/maximum chrome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.