The Ballground single-lane-bridge tour
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Ballground single-lane-bridge tour

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Ballground single-lane-bridge tour

Yesterday I created a 25 mile loop starting and ending in Ballground, Ga. Some really good roads which include 3 single-lane bridges, one made of wood planks, great back-country scenery, some really-nice-smooth twisties and a couple of roads that are not as smooth but paved.

It would be a perfect late afternoon/early evening ride for anyone that could meet me there (downtown Ballground, Ga.). It would take about an hour to dawdle through.

Any interest?

"Real" Big Dogs don't need to bark!

It's only an "Old Man's Bike" if you ride it like one.

IBA # 25105
    1000 in 24 (Certified
    1500 in 36 (Certified)
    1500 in 24 (Certified)

Darksider # 37
    Double Darkside (on the slab)
    Bridgestone Bias-ply G701

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Might have to think about that next month when I take a trip up to Helen for the weekend. Might work as a detour on the way back to Savannah......
    David Long
    MSgt, (R) USAF
    2008 Dark Red Champion Kit
    Piggybacker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds good to me, but......

You have to promise to not run off and leave me. I am always interested in local routes.
    Tomorrow after lunch or Friday afternoon or early evening?
    Let me know. By the way Cycle Nation in Canton is having an Open house on Fri. Sat. Demo rides free bike wash on Sat.
    Ugalug in Cartersville
    09 GL1800 Metallic blue ABS - "My Blue Heaven"
    13 FJR1300 - "The Grey Goose"
    07 VTX1800C Red with Black tribal- Ugalug - sold
    06 Maroon GL1800 level 1 - sold
    Darkside #1174 Falken 912

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UGALUGGA View Post
    You have to promise to not run off and leave me. I am always interested in local routes.
    Tomorrow after lunch or Friday afternoon or early evening?
    Let me know. By the way Cycle Nation in Canton is having an Open house on Fri. Sat. Demo rides free bike wash on Sat.
    OH MAN!! Is it time for my annual wash already. My how time flies.
    06 Cabernet-2007 Aluma
    SSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul, I bet your running 140 West. Take that small road on the right just past Salacoa. Wierd road. The road Y's off of 140. Can't figure out who decided to divide the lanes about halfway through. Comes back out to Salacoa about 1 mile north of 140. Watch out for loose driveway rocks near the end at Salacoa. Good curves but not long.
    06 Cabernet-2007 Aluma

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul,
    When you gonna do this Ride?
    I'm here for another week at our daughters in Suwanee and would love to 'start' the Ride with you and follow at least 'til you get outta sight!

I still have the route that you took me on a couple of years ago, in my GPS. In fact, I was planning on going on that Ride again today.
    I've been through Ballground a couple of times. A good place to start/end a Ride.

This past Monday my son-in-law and I rode up to Blairsville for lunch at Rib Country. Met up with TNCharlie and wimpyhonda there. Nice to finally have an eyeball to eyeball chat with them.

Later, Larry K. (thecruiser)
    DARKSIDER #317
    Tennessee Traveler # 15
    Florida Prowler #85

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page

Whenever we safely Ride home we promise God a little something.

(quote attributed to
    Tony...........Chicago
    2001 Black 1800

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowJoe View Post
    Paul, I bet your running 140 West. Take that small road on the right just past Salacoa. Wierd road. The road Y's off of 140. Can't figure out who decided to divide the lanes about halfway through. Comes back out to Salacoa about 1 mile north of 140. Watch out for loose driveway rocks near the end at Salacoa. Good curves but not long.

You'd lose that bet, Joe. But I will check out the road you mentioned.

It looks like it'll be one afternoon next week, probably meet in Ballground at 5:30-6pm. Keep watching this thread for a specific date.

Thanks for the interest and info, guys.

IBA # 25105
    1000 in 24 (Certified
    1500 in 36 (Certified)
    1500 in 24 (Certified)

Darksider # 37

Post Thanks / Like

Travelling mon-wednesday next week -

2008 Premium Audio

For Comfort: REG risers, Mic-O-Pegs model GQ, Utopia Backrest, grip puppies, Air Vent seat cushion, tunnel fillers, Baker hand, side and leg wings
    For Performance and Travel: Michelin Alpin Rear Tire, Rear Spoiler with Brake Flasher, All Balls Steering Bearing, Belly Pan, Kury Luggage Rack and Rack bag, Luggage Liners, Bike MP3 and CB, GPS, Intercom headsets, Traxxion springs and shock, Kury Fork Brace II
    Farkles: Just enough plastic chrome to add sparkle.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul if its mon-tue-wed I can go anytime , I will not check this site until sunday when I W O R K , so I hope you have a day and time by then. I know ballgound area I come across hwy 53 to hwy 5 at downtown ballgound, did you ever meet the old man who ran the town he acted like Mr Haney off Green Acres he would sale anything. Ray

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was betting with that single lane wooden bridge on Brown's Mountain Road off Salicoa.
    06 Cabernet-2007 Aluma

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowJoe View Post
    I was betting with that single lane wooden bridge on Brown's Mountain Road off Salicoa.

How much would you wager on that, sir? I need a new front tire. Seriously, not even close. Good guess though.

IBA # 25105
    1000 in 24 (Certified
    1500 in 36 (Certified)
    1500 in 24 (Certified)

Darksider # 37

Post Thanks / Like

I had the chance to ride this with Trialsman over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the route. Lots of beautiful roads with no traffic. If anyone within riding distance has the chance to join Paul on this tour, take it, its well worth it.

2008 Premium Audio

For Comfort: REG risers, Mic-O-Pegs model GQ, Utopia Backrest, grip puppies, Air Vent seat cushion, tunnel fillers, Baker hand, side and leg wings
    For Performance and Travel: Michelin Alpin Rear Tire, Rear Spoiler with Brake Flasher, All Balls Steering Bearing, Belly Pan, Kury Luggage Rack and Rack bag, Luggage Liners, Bike MP3 and CB, GPS, Intercom headsets, Traxxion springs and shock, Kury Fork Brace II

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    I had the chance to ride this with Trialsman over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the route. Lots of beautiful roads with no traffic. If anyone within riding distance has the chance to join Paul on this tour, take it, its well worth it.
    Jammer, Ya got that right. If anyone has a chance to follow Paul (if they can,,,) their in for a treat.
    You could say that, "Paul is 'familiar' with most of the roads in North Georgia and North Carolina....", but that would be an understatement.
    thecruiser
    DARKSIDER #317
    Tennessee Traveler # 15
    Florida Prowler #85

(quote attributed to
    Tony...........Chicago
    2001 Black 1800

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thecruiser View Post
    Jammer, Ya got that right. If anyone has a chance to follow Paul (if they can,,,) their in for a treat.
    You could say that, "Paul is 'familiar' with most of the roads in North Georgia and North Carolina....", but that would be an understatement.
    thecruiser

We had our wives along.............. so we behaved ourselves and had a nice ride.

After lunch, we took each home and met again for another tour that was a little more fun and took a few minutes less. Nothing crazy, just more fun. Then I showed Ed a couple of roads he had yet to be on.

IBA # 25105
    1000 in 24 (Certified
    1500 in 36 (Certified)
    1500 in 24 (Certified)

Darksider # 37

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trialsman View Post
    We had our wives along.............. so we behaved ourselves and had a nice ride.

After lunch, we took each home and met again for another tour that was a little more fun and took a few minutes less. Nothing crazy, just more fun. Then I showed Ed a couple of roads he had yet to be on.
    Really?

wow, Bring 'em to Robbinsville... along with some cabbage rolls... Mmmmmm better that Darksider COOKIES!
    THECRUISER
    DARKSIDER #317
    Tennessee Traveler # 15
    Florida Prowler #85

(quote attributed to
    Tony...........Chicago
    2001 Black 1800

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trialsman View Post

Someone must build new roads all the time....whenever I think I have been on them all, you show me new ones that are better than the last. Good stuff.

2008 Premium Audio

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.