Sad MN Motorcycle Accident
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad MN Motorcycle Accident

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad MN Motorcycle Accident

This poor lady hit a tire retread, flew off the bike, then was hit by an SUV. Needless to say, she didn't make it.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2647301.shtml?cat=1

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing-renter View Post
    Wonder what the toxicology screen will show? Here is a report from Washington CO, MN court for her sentencing last year. Guess she was a doper and a drinker:

DATE: 7/20/2011
    DEFENDANT: Brittany Alexandra Larson
    DOB: 3/8/1990
    CITY/RESIDENCE: White Bear Lake, MN
    AGENCY: Washington County Sheriff's Office
    CONVICTION: Felony Controlled Substance Crime in the 5th Degree and Misdemeanor Liquor
    Possession by a Person Under 21
    SENTENCE: On Count I, Felony Controlled Substance Crime in the 5th Degree, the Court
    placed the defendant on probation for a period of 5 years on the following
    conditions: 1) Serve 10 days in the Washington County Jail with credit for 4
    days served. The remainder may be served on out-of-custody Sentence to
    Serve.
    2) Sign all releases of information regarding mental health treatment. 3)
    Complete a chemical dependency evaluation within 30 days of sentencing and
    follow all recommendations. 4) Abstain from the use of all mood-altering
    chemicals, including alcohol and submit to random testing at her own expense.
    5) Have no same or similar offenses, be law abiding, and cooperate with all the
    standard conditions of probation. 6) Cooperate with the transfer of his
    supervision to his county or state of residence. On Count III, Misdemeanor
    Liquor Possession by a Person Under 21, the Court ordered the defendant to
    serve 90 days in the Washington County Jail with 86 days suspended and credit
    for 4 days served. The Court also ordered the defendant to pay a $1,000 fine
    with $1,000 suspended for 1 year under the condition that the defendant
    cooperate with the felony probation from Count I. Count II (Liquor Consumption
    by Person Under 21) was dismissed.
    She was on her way home from work so it will be interesting to see what is found. She also wasn't wearing a helmet, and was wearing flip flops on her feet. Her mom said she was an "extremely feisty daughter" who refused to wear a helmet and wasn't properly dressed for the bike.

Post Thanks / Like

WAS TIME TO GO

Post Thanks / Like

Flip flops in MN????? just how warm is it there????????? Dang, still frecking cool here......... was 35 this morning.

Is unfortunate.........
    2008 Goldwing ABS
    2004 CBR 1000 RR
    2009 KLR 650
    ...wife has her own 2006 Goldwing...

A stop at the top of Beartooth Pass.

Post Thanks / Like

No matter what, the poor girl passed, have alittle mercy.
    "May The Four Winds Blow You Safely Home"
    Frank M Giovanniello Sr.
    2008 GL1800 Dark Red Navi & Comfort

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This should generate lots of posts......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fmgsr View Post
    I totally agree!

IBA # 49869

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

That is a shame...based on the photo she was a cutie.
    But, my guess is she was riding a crotchrocket and was the typical squid type of rider. I cringe every time I see one of them pulling wheelies or racing by me at 150+ mph. I especially like it when you come to a stoplight and are behind them and you look at the rear tire and it is bald with cords showing (from those useless burnouts.)

Still it is a shame...another life waisted.

01 GL1800A Illusion red
    200K + miles and counting!
    (with this forum approved tan Corbin seat)

1984 VT-500 Ascot project
    1978 Camaro Pro-street 620HP and 5-6 MPG!
    1994 Miata M edition
    and a few other daily drivers that ain't worth anything...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fmgsr View Post

Captain J & The Admiral

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing-renter View Post
    Wonder what the toxicology screen will show? Here is a report from Washington CO, MN court for her sentencing last year. Guess she was a doper and a drinker:

DATE: 7/20/2011
    DEFENDANT: Brittany Alexandra Larson
    DOB: 3/8/1990
    CITY/RESIDENCE: White Bear Lake, MN
    AGENCY: Washington County Sheriff's Office
    CONVICTION: Felony Controlled Substance Crime in the 5th Degree and Misdemeanor Liquor
    Possession by a Person Under 21
    SENTENCE: On Count I, Felony Controlled Substance Crime in the 5th Degree, the Court
    placed the defendant on probation for a period of 5 years on the following
    conditions: 1) Serve 10 days in the Washington County Jail with credit for 4
    days served. The remainder may be served on out-of-custody Sentence to
    Serve.
    2) Sign all releases of information regarding mental health treatment. 3)
    Complete a chemical dependency evaluation within 30 days of sentencing and
    follow all recommendations. 4) Abstain from the use of all mood-altering
    chemicals, including alcohol and submit to random testing at her own expense.
    5) Have no same or similar offenses, be law abiding, and cooperate with all the
    standard conditions of probation. 6) Cooperate with the transfer of his
    supervision to his county or state of residence. On Count III, Misdemeanor
    Liquor Possession by a Person Under 21, the Court ordered the defendant to
    serve 90 days in the Washington County Jail with 86 days suspended and credit
    for 4 days served. The Court also ordered the defendant to pay a $1,000 fine
    with $1,000 suspended for 1 year under the condition that the defendant
    cooperate with the felony probation from Count I. Count II (Liquor Consumption
    by Person Under 21) was dismissed.
    So a young person makes a mistake or two.......and it is instantly assumed that she is again conducting such actions.

Our govenrnment is hell bent on protection of ourselves against ourselves......and the things said to be such crimes are the wish to place morality by force upon us. While crimes of violenc, rape and killing and theft are let go with great lack of punishment to the crime.

I am no angel.........I was also a youngster who loved to go fast........and would take a drink or tote on a joint.......and more or less escaped it all........and survived.

Even today I am no angel.....for I do love to have a drink......and thumb my nose at the laws of the land that seek to take my enjoyment of life away.........only I am tempered with age.....to know the when and how to conduct these things.....

So a bit of mercy ........eh............for the young girl lost her life......by the common accident that could happen to any of us at any time.....for a section of a tire in the road......can kill you or I, just as fast as any situation out there.

I say to her and her family......I am so sorry for your loss.......if I could change it I would.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke on it awhile........
    " The GL1800 " A grand motorcycle it is. For touring,fun and to see the world there is no other like it. Big and powerful and comfortable for those cross country rides. Also perhaps the very ultimate ambassador to itself and to those who ride it and meet new friends at the many meets and activities this machine brings to the equation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I often question the motive of the Poster of why we need to know a strange dies on a motorcycle?.People die everywhere everyday.

I thinks it's Sad that a fellow motorcyclist died doing what they enjoy.

For those of you who are without sin. I ask you- Why do you hang out here with us not so perfect humans?. Do you feel better taking cheap shots at a dead person??
    She should not be judged by you nor I for her short life. it is not our task.

I feel sad for this young person, her family and friends that she leaves behind because of this accident.
    We all have children and would be devastated if we had to bury one of them.

Please show some class and offer her family prayers or just say nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destindoc View Post
    Flip flops in MN????? just how warm is it there????????? Dang, still frecking cool here......... was 35 this morning.

Is unfortunate.........
    Been quite warm and humid with temps in lower 80's all week. Great bike riding weather. This coming Sat., temps are predicted to be in the 90's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeds1800 View Post
    What is properly dressed for the bike?

I know, everyone has there own opinion.

according to Minesota laws she was dressed properly, not breaking any laws wearing flip flops or no helmet
    "Not properly dressed for the bike" is a statement her mother made because her daughter refused to wear a helmet while riding her bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I often question the motive of the Poster of why we need to know a strange dies on a motorcycle?.People die everywhere everyday.

I thinks it's Sad that a fellow motorcyclist died doing what they enjoy.

For those of you who are without sin. I ask you- Why do you hang out here with us not so perfect humans?. Do you feel better taking cheap shots at a dead person??
    She should not be judged by you nor I for her short life. it is not our task.

I feel sad for this young person, her family and friends that she leaves behind because of this accident.
    We all have children and would be devastated if we had to bury one of them.

Please show some class and offer her family prayers or just say nothing.
    No motive at all, Rocky. Posted the info just like others do here for motorcycle accidents such as the horrific WI accident involving 12 bikes. Perhaps we learn something from them. If you don't like the post, don't read it.

It is indeed sad when parents have to bury their own children. Nuff said!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    This poor lady hit a tire retread, flew off the bike, then was hit by an SUV. Needless to say, she didn't make it.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2647301.shtml?cat=1
    Very sad story, indeed. Just yesterday, on the freeway, driving my granddaughter to the airport, I noticed a large piece of tire retread on the roadway, which would have put a biker down. In my opinion, these types of posts, although sad, are a good reminder to be aware. Thanks for the post.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    No motive at all, Rocky. Posted the info just like others do here for motorcycle accidents such as the horrific WI accident involving 12 bikes. Perhaps we learn something from them. If you don't like the post, don't read it.

It is indeed sad when parents have to bury their own children. Nuff said!

I suppose I wasn't general enough as you took offense. (Sorry Murf I wasn't targeting you specifically) My point was "Why do we need to read about motorcycle deaths on a general board?.
    Your point of other motorcycle death threads was my point too.

But you said "Perhaps we learn something from them" Eh- How so??.
    You can't tell me you can learn anything from a dead person. You can't learn anything from a survivor. They won't know because it "happened to fast". just sayin.

I'm not accident scene investigator-But seriously-trying to figure what went through a persons brain just before impact is impossible to them never mind a reader of the events to ponder. but that's just the skeptic in me.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose I wasn't general enough as you took offense. (Sorry Murf I wasn't targeting you specifically) My point was "Why do we need to read about motorcycle deaths on a general board?.

You can't tell me you can learn anything from a dead person. You can't learn anything from a survivor. They won't know because it "happened to fast". just sayin.

I'm not accident scene investigator-But seriously-trying to figure what went through a persons brain just before impact is impossible to them never mind a reader of the events to ponder. but that's just the skeptic in me.
    Hi ya.......Rock head. Lol.

I am delighted you are still among us........for with temper of widsom your words are wise. Such as I conficted with the ignorance of the one who wished to condemn.

Yes we all know the dangers......but we accept them and live not in fear. And as life goes on we do keep these things in mind......always.

I suppose we as humans do become lured towards the tales of death and destruciton....for it is like a magnet. Not sure why......just that it is so.

I would say treated with respect shown but most who have decency in them........such posts do cause us all to reflect upon things and keep our awareness up.

However there is no excuse to act a fool and condemn a person based on ignorance or assumed events.

Eh........I enjoyed your post........more tempered than mine........Lol!

I hope all is well with you and yours...........for you are a credit to the human race........in spite of what that other guy said about you.........
    " The GL1800 " A grand motorcycle it is. For touring,fun and to see the world there is no other like it. Big and powerful and comfortable for those cross country rides. Also perhaps the very ultimate ambassador to itself and to those who ride it and meet new friends at the many meets and activities this machine brings to the equation.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Carson View Post
    So a young person makes a mistake or two.......and it is instantly assumed that she is again conducting such actions.

Our govenrnment is hell bent on protection of ourselves against ourselves......and the things said to be such crimes are the wish to place morality by force upon us. While crimes of violenc, rape and killing and theft are let go with great lack of punishment to the crime.

I am no angel.........I was also a youngster who loved to go fast........and would take a drink or tote on a joint.......and more or less escaped it all........and survived.

Even today I am no angel.....for I do love to have a drink......and thumb my nose at the laws of the land that seek to take my enjoyment of life away.........only I am tempered with age.....to know the when and how to conduct these things.....

So a bit of mercy ........eh............for the young girl lost her life......by the common accident that could happen to any of us at any time.....for a section of a tire in the road......can kill you or I, just as fast as any situation out there.

I say to her and her family......I am so sorry for your loss.......if I could change it I would.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke on it awhile........
    Well said Kit. I am also one with more than a few flaws. If any read the comments you will see she did have redeaming qualities. Sorry for loss of life of fellow biker, sorry for those that will miss her.
    Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeds1800 View Post
    What is properly dressed for the bike?

I know, everyone has there own opinion.

according to Minesota laws she was dressed properly, not breaking any laws wearing flip flops or no helmet
    Probation is usually not an option when you break the laws of nature/physics...
    --
    Lewis
    Candy Red 03 ABS
    07 FJR1300

My favorite accessory is GASOLINE!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to agree with you, Rocky....I guess it's akin to the fact that most people, upon hearing you ride a motorcycle, proceed to tell you about their (insert family member here) who died on a motorcycle for whatever reason.

People die every day for a variety of reasons...I think then next time someone tells me about a relative who died on a motorcycle, I'll rattle off all my dead relatives and reason for their passing.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad. Tire gators are deadly to say the least. Not sure "proper" gear would have made a difference. Its also difficult to see them in the dark. If nothing else, it makes you think about how precious life is. I cant imagine having to bury one of my children because of an accident like this. But I also will not live my live so afraid of dieing, that I will not live either. If you get my meaning. I feel very bad for her family. I was never accused of being perfect, and surely wont judge her. When its your time, its your time. RIP
    Iron Butt # 25888

SS1000
    SS2000
    SS2000K
    SS5000

DS # 1178

Post Thanks / Like

I think hearing about these things keeps us aware of the dangers of this hobby we enjoy....
    I know it does for me. I also scuba dive, and hearing of others mistakes / accidents do tend
    to make one more aware of what can happen if you get lax.
    As far as bringing up the girls past digressions, IMO that was unnecessary. Nothing in the
    news report leads me to believe that had anything to do with this accident
    2002, 10,000 miles on it when purchased in May '10.
    20,000 miles as of December 2011
    Installed:
    Every Baker wing made, belly pan, Butler mug, J&M Digital music player,
    rear speakers, Kury handlebar risers and armrests, brake modulator....

Double Darksider # 922 @17,700 miles...
    Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid 195/55/16 rear; Battlax BT-45r front

Seasoned Member 1800 06 Champion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP and Prayers to the family
    T.A. Jens
    The Pizza Man
    06 White Goldwing Champion Trike
    05 Bunkhouse Camper
    06 Breeze Cargo Trailer
    Life member of GWRRA

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP beautiful young lady, condolences to the familly

something should be done about those way to many retread failures, good retreads seldom fail but there are way to many tires that get recapped when it is a well known fact that they will not last, a good tire man can usually tell just by looking at a recapped tire if it was worth capping or not

Germany does not allow recaps so lots of their old tires get shipped over here for recapping
    ehcycledude@yahoo.com
    02 GL1800 yellow 422,000 smiles
    Rode my bike to Trailer Week
    Charter member Wisconsin Toughest Riders

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tookie View Post
    I think hearing about these things keeps us aware of the dangers of this hobby we enjoy....
    I know it does for me. I also scuba dive, and hearing of others mistakes / accidents do tend
    to make one more aware of what can happen if you get lax.
    As far as bringing up the girls past digressions, IMO that was unnecessary. Nothing in the
    news report leads me to believe that had anything to do with this accident
    Well said. Condolences to the family.
    Ron
    2002 GL1800A - Darksider #1312

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first,
    and the lesson afterward" ~ Vernon Sanders Law

Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you what I got out of this story, no matter what you were wearing you have to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.... I have said to myself on many occasions, "if I were following that car/truck any closer I would NOT have seen that "obstacle" in the road" if she had a good clear view of the road she could have easily avoided that retread..

RIP

Matt(BCNV)
    2007 Black Cherry Airbag*
    2008 Black Cherry Motortrike
    *Traxxion~Mega
    LIMNCS #74
    DS #925
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” -John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

I hit something just after dark as I was riding thru Illinois a few weeks ago. It was big enough to scare the hell out of me. I slowed down and pulled over...crawled to the next exit and too a good look at tires and rim under the lights at a truck stop. Found no damage, but still it reminded me why I generally don't ride after dark. True, I was following a semi...might have spotted whatever it if I had a clear field of vision...but still scary.
    "SLOWDOG"
    07 Goldwing - Comfort/Navi/ABS Dark Blue Metallic
    Traxxion "Maximum Monty" with Billet Triple Clamps
    My road trip slogan: "I fear the deer."

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(BCNV) View Post
    I will tell you what I got out of this story, no matter what you were wearing you have to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.... I have said to myself on many occasions, "if I were following that car/truck any closer I would NOT have seen that "obstacle" in the road" if she had a good clear view of the road she could have easily avoided that retread..

RIP

Matt(BCNV)
    You and many others here should be ashamed for drawing conclusions about how or why this accident happened.
    There are absolutely no details about this accident published anywhere. If you have more details as to exactly how and why this tragedy happened please enlighten us.

We have no idea if she was doing stoppies on the freeway or riding like a responsible adult.
    Fact is these road gators can be thrown across several lanes of traffic and she had no idea it was coming until it was way to late to make any corrections. Add to that it was dark out.
    The freeway where this happened is 3-4 lanes wide with merging/exiting traffic.
    Because she wasn't wearing a helmet means nothing - she was hit by an SUV after hitting the pavement at probably 60+ MPH.

To call her a doper, drunk, squid, irresponsible or anything else is childish and just plain disgusting given the lack of accident details.

Geez, give the family and deceased the respect that they deserve until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by ballsofsteel; 06-08-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is saying about the young girls family and friends. True a parent should never have to bury a child and I hope I never have to. I hope the woman in the SUV is doing ok as well. Driving along and all of a sudden someone gets thrown right in front of you and you can't avoid them. Also knowing that you running over them is what may have killed them would be eating at me and causing me emotional problems. I hope she can overcome those feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
    You and many others here should be ashamed for drawing conclusions about how or why this accident happened.
    There are absolutely no details about this accident published anywhere. If you have more details as to exactly how and why this tragedy happened please enlighten us.

We have no idea if she was doing stoppies on the freeway or riding like a responsible adult.
    Fact is these road gators can be thrown across several lanes of traffic and she had no idea it was coming until it was way to late to make any corrections. Add to that it was dark out.
    The freeway where this happened is 3-4 lanes wide with merging/exiting traffic.
    Because she wasn't wearing a helmet means nothing - she was hit by an SUV after hitting the pavement at probably 60+ MPH.

To call her a doper, drunk, squid, irresponsible or anything else is childish and just plain disgusting given the lack of accident details.

Geez, give the family and deceased the respect that they deserve until proven otherwise.

Not ONCE did I find "fault" with her riding, NooB, I was mearly stating what I learned from this most terrible of accidents....

get a grip and try to understand when people write "death" posts it is a learning Experence for us all... I bet even you with 'head of pin" will watch your folllowing distances from now on...

Oh and FYI I don't "shame" easily...

Matt(BCNV)
    2007 Black Cherry Airbag*
    2008 Black Cherry Motortrike
    *Traxxion~Mega
    LIMNCS #74
    DS #925
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” -John Wayne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.