Anyone interested in possible "life time subscription" to Sirius and a radio?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone interested in possible "life time subscription" to Sirius and a radio?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone interested in possible "life time subscription" to Sirius and a radio?

I've been watching this thing for a few days on ebay. I recently bought one exactly like it with almost all the same exact components. The ad is self explaining but, it's a Kenwood, "Here '2' Anywhere" Sirius radio and, a possible life time subscription. I mounted mine on the bike and the antenna just behind the passenger and tied it into the aux port in the left pocket. It works flawless.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....AMOTORS%3A1123

Read the ad, it look legit, and, if it keeps on playing, you get a radio and a life time for only about $95.00 plus or minus. I'd buy it but, we've already got two of that exact same model, both came with life time subscriptions.
    Scott
    I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it

Scott & Karla
    Dark Sider 556
    KI6OND 73s
    Ramona, CA
    '08 Level II Caliente Red Metallic
    '02 Level I Stream Silver Metallic GW 1800
    '94 Glacier Pearl White SE GL 1500
    '85 1200 Aspencade
    '84 1200 Interstate
    RETIRED, 29.5 YEARS, SDFD

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

I keep reading that Sirius/XM no longer offers a life time subscription. Better be careful - sounds kinda shady!

2010 GL1800 ABS
    2002 Harley Ultra
    IBA 49176

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flatfoot View Post
    I keep reading that Sirius/XM no longer offers a life time subscription. Better be careful - sounds kinda shady!
    I wouldn't think it's shady.

I have a lifetime subscription on my wife's car, and if we sold it and decided not to try to transfer the subscription... then someone is getting satellite radio for free for as long as they keep that radio in that car.
    Bob

2001 YZF 426
    2005 YZF R6
    2009 GSXR 750
    2006 GL1800 Titanium
    2014 GL1800 Black & Blue

"Maine... the way life should be."

Post Thanks / Like

They no longer offer it. They do, however, continue to honor the ones that were sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatfoot View Post
    Tink
    '12 Level 4 Blue

Past GWs:
    '86 Aspencade
    '94 Standard
    '98 SE
    '99 SE
    '02 Orange 1800 (funny story about the sale of this one....)
    '02 Gray 1800
    None from '05 - '12

Post Thanks / Like

Gents,
    OP here. The radio has been playing, according to the seller and, he has no idea if and when, it will stop playing. A question sent to the seller might reveal more info. The unit has been re-listed for a lower price. It's now $59.00 as a starting bid. This is one of those things that's approaching a decision of: should I or shouldn't I? It's a gamble. If, you're lucky, you could walk away with a radio and a lifetime subscription and, it's also setup for playing in a residence as well as a car/M/C. As stated, we picked one up that's exactly like it and it's been playing for over 3 months now, ever since I installed it on the bike.

Now, the wife just brought up a point to me. Since this radio will be shipped from Canada, does Sirius have any broadcasting differences/parameters for a radio used way up there, as apposed to one being used way down here in the lower 48??? Another words, it's playing now, but, if it's shipped to say, So CA, and, lets say it has a life time subscription, will it continue to play, based on it's now in a different world Zone?? I have no idea if there would be any difference. Most likely not.

But, again, it's out there if anyone is interested. Like stated, it's dangerously close to a gamble. I doubt seriously that the seller would pay for a subscription to activate a radio just to sell it. That would not make sence. There's sirius/xm radios for sale all over the place without activated supscriptions. Anyway, someone might just get lucky.
    Scott

Scott & Karla
    Dark Sider 556
    KI6OND 73s
    Ramona, CA
    '85 1200 Aspencade
    '84 1200 Interstate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Gents,
    OP here. The radio has been playing, according to the seller and, he has no idea if and when, it will stop playing. A question sent to the seller might reveal more info. The unit has been re-listed for a lower price. It's now $59.00 as a starting bid. This is one of those things that's approaching a decision of: should I or shouldn't I? It's a gamble. If, you're lucky, you could walk away with a radio and a lifetime subscription and, it's also setup for playing in a residence as well as a car/M/C. As stated, we picked one up that's exactly like it and it's been playing for over 3 months now, ever since I installed it on the bike.

Now, the wife just brought up a point to me. Since this radio will be shipped from Canada, does Sirius have any broadcasting differences/parameters for a radio used way up there, as apposed to one being used way down here in the lower 48??? Another words, it's playing now, but, if it's shipped to say, So CA, and, lets say it has a life time subscription, will it continue to play, based on it's now in a different world Zone?? I have no idea if there would be any difference. Most likely not.

But, again, it's out there if anyone is interested. Like stated, it's dangerously close to a gamble. I doubt seriously that the seller would pay for a subscription to activate a radio just to sell it. That would not make sence. There's sirius/xm radios for sale all over the place without activated supscriptions. Anyway, someone might just get lucky.
    Scott

I will let you know how it works out
    Thanks Bill
    BILL P
    2008 Roadsmith

Darkside # 827
    Jacksonville Al.

Members Contact List
    www.hondagw1800.com/contactlist.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by V35B Pilot View Post
    They no longer offer it. They do, however, continue to honor the ones that were sold.

I have purchased the lifetime for my new car and the wife's new car. I got mine in may and wife's starts this month. they do offer it you just have to ask.
    '06 GL1800 Black Audio/Nav/Comfort
    Previous
    '05 Dyna Glyde
    '74 750 4. Loved that bike!
    If you smile at me I will understand, cause that is something everyone, everywhere does in the same language.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Dish Network satellite receiver on eBay, to replace one that was damaged in a brown out. Paid around $30 for it, delivered.

I unboxed it and set it up to re-activate it.... and it still worked. It was still active. So.... let's see how long this lasts.

It had every channel ... all of the movie channels, everything. Around $100 a month in programming.

I watched it for three or four months, until someone figured it out and it finally quit.

Cheapest $30 of TV that I'd ever purchased.
    "Be side I payed a lot more for my Harley then You payed for your Honda and I respect My Bike more then You do yours...." --From a relative who owns a yellow Harley.

And to think, all this time that I've been RIDING my Goldwing... I could have been "respecting" it instead.

2008 GL1800 - Cabernet Red with NAV and ABS
    GROM Audio AND2-HON1

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought a couple of these over the years and they lasted about 3-4 years before the service quit working. It was the best money I ever spent. A lot cheaper than the yearly subscription price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BILL P View Post
    I will let you know how it works out
    Thanks Bill
    Bill,
    Did you actually buy it? I just got off ebay and notice it's been sold. If you bought it, that's cool. If, and it's a big IF, it continues to play after you install it/on what ever you bought it for, you're pretty darn lucky. Here's a few pics of how I mounted mine. I'm not a fan of hanging stuff all over the handle bars etc. on the Wing but, based on the fact that it (the radio) was cheap, and much of the mounting system is a combination of the 12V docking station and, the house docking station and a bracket I designed and used, it's not the end of the world. Many guys have smaller "add on" XM/SIRIUS radios that are hung on to whatever bracket they either purchased or made but, this will do. It's easy to change stations and, based on the fact that you can enlarge the LCD writing on the screen, I can actually see who's singing and the name of the song, which is way cool for me. And something really weird, it's actually better in the direct sunlight. Many screens like that fade out in the sunlight but, that one works great with the sun at your back. Good luck.
    Scott

Last edited by FIRE UP; 08-22-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Needed to add pics

Scott & Karla
    Dark Sider 556
    KI6OND 73s
    Ramona, CA
    '85 1200 Aspencade
    '84 1200 Interstate

Post Thanks / Like
    "Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days... but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. This is why God made fast motorcycles ..." - Hunter S. Thompson

2007 Black 1800
    HowlingCats' Winery
    www.howlingcats.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hankhill View Post
    Nope, it's gone.
    Scott

Scott & Karla
    Dark Sider 556
    KI6OND 73s
    Ramona, CA
    '85 1200 Aspencade
    '84 1200 Interstate

Post Thanks / Like

Bill,
    Did you actually buy it? I just got off ebay and notice it's been sold. If you bought it, that's cool. If, and it's a big IF, it continues to play after you install it/on what ever you bought it for, you're pretty darn lucky. Here's a few pics of how I mounted mine. I'm not a fan of hanging stuff all over the handle bars etc. on the Wing but, based on the fact that it (the radio) was cheap, and much of the mounting system is a combination of the 12V docking station and, the house docking station and a bracket I designed and used, it's not the end of the world. Many guys have smaller "add on" XM/SIRIUS radios that are hung on to whatever bracket they either purchased or made but, this will do. It's easy to change stations and, based on the fact that you can enlarge the LCD writing on the screen, I can actually see who's singing and the name of the song, which is way cool for me. And something really weird, it's actually better in the direct sunlight. Many screens like that fade out in the sunlight but, that one works great with the sun at your back. Good luck.
    Scott

Scot ,
    Yes i did planning on using it on a boat .I am merchant marine. I have XM ant for my Zumo 550 for the bike.
    Thanks Bill
    BILL P
    2008 Roadsmith

Darkside # 827
    Jacksonville Al.

Members Contact List
    www.hondagw1800.com/contactlist.html

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Ebay type in Sirius activated and 80 popped up. All price ranges.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, it's gone.
    Scott

Still "bid-able". Just the "Buy it Now" is gone.
    2001 Black Honda Goldwing
    Dark Side #1618
    1967 Triumph 650c
    1968 Triumph Bonniville

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwlmd11 View Post
    Go to Ebay type in Sirius activated and 80 popped up. All price ranges.
    That just shows currently activated units... they may have a week or close to a year left on the subscription.

It's harder to find "Lifetime" activated units.
    Bob

2001 YZF 426
    2005 YZF R6
    2009 GSXR 750
    2006 GL1800 Titanium
    2014 GL1800 Black & Blue

"Maine... the way life should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd157k View Post
    Still "bid-able". Just the "Buy it Now" is gone.
    Todd157K,
    That ad to me is a bit confusing. The top says " The buy it now listing for this item is ended". And, in the middle of the add, it says "Sold for $65.99" and, there is NO PLACE TO PLACE AN ADDITIONAL BID. There's no "box" to submit a bid. Most of the time when an item is sold on ebay, and you click on an older link to it, it just pops up and says, this item is no longer available or, has been sold or? But, this ad, looks like the item is still up for sale but, as mentioned, two different places say it's not. Hmmmm
    Scott

Scott & Karla
    Dark Sider 556
    KI6OND 73s
    Ramona, CA
    '85 1200 Aspencade
    '84 1200 Interstate

Post Thanks / Like

ya... it's waaay gone now. There are quite a few more, and if it were me, I'd rather have a handheld unit and just plug into the MP3 out. (I have an MP3 plug on my bike) That way it can be moved around easily (bike, boat, car, back pocket).

ok.. nobody steel my idea and outbid me on one of these.. lol
    2001 Black Honda Goldwing
    Dark Side #1618
    1967 Triumph 650c
    1968 Triumph Bonniville

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.