Zackybilly to the white courtesy phone please
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zackybilly to the white courtesy phone please

Seasoned Member Big Port Jimmy 6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Zackybilly to the white courtesy phone please

I know that you aren't making the balls, and spreader as a venture to make a living, but I got a couple of questions.

1. Why the spreader?
    Is it just to provide a closer attachment for the chains so the tongue doesn't hit the ground ?

2. Have you ever thought of adding rack mount like the Rivco style to the spreader?
    Like these. http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=255&page=2

Somebody else makes a rack with square legs.

I am probably going to build a custom drop for my bike, it came with a Kury hitch. I got way more time than money and with a few mods it may work. The Kury drop has no rise and it makes my Kwik Kamp too low in the tongue. Judt smelling around for the best ideas right now.. Thanks Jay
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Port Jimmy 6 View Post
    I know that you aren't making the balls, and spreader as a venture to make a living, but I got a couple of questions.

1. Why the spreader?
    Is it just to provide a closer attachment for the chains so the tongue doesn't hit the ground ? Yes...prevents it from hitting the ground or the back tire in the event. I will never have a ball failure but a coupler is not totally out of the question. Also, prevents my chains from pinching in on my mud flap. I never have to crawl under the rear of the bike to un-hood safety chains. I like the convenience as much as anything.

2. Have you ever thought of adding rack mount like the Rivco style to the spreader? No. Never have really been interested in a rack as I have trailers for that chore.
    Like these. http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=255&page=2

Somebody else makes a rack with square legs.

I am probably going to build a custom drop for my bike, it came with a Kury hitch. I got way more time than money and with a few mods it may work. The Kury drop has no rise and it makes my Kwik Kamp too low in the tongue. Judt smelling around for the best ideas right now.. Thanks Jay
    Z

Seasoned Member Big Port Jimmy 6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Jay
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.