new to trikes - want to buy
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new to trikes - want to buy

Post Thanks / Like

Default new to trikes - want to buy

I live in MA. Rode a 2005 ( 2 wheels) goldwing for 3 years ( 2 cross continent drives) - had to give it up due to knee replacements. Now I want a trike -- only goldwing for me. My problems: no trike dealers in MA, want to take a test ride but can't find one, want then to buy (used), maybe 2008 - 2010. Need help with logisitcs of looking for a trike at a distant dealer, another state - I see PA, GA, and FL advertise a lot -- then what to look for, get it checked out so I won't buy a big problem (without knowing any mechanics in other states), how to register etc. Any suggestions???? Thanks so much
    Last edited by fordor328; 09-01-2012 at 03:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

My mechanic also does trike conversions. My wife wants a trike, but I told her not yet but we will eventually have one. They told me that they will only do two brand of conversions. DFT and I think Champion,but I'm not sure. They have the least amount of problems with those two. If you want specifics call them. D&D 480-731-9003 Everyone I talk to says they love their trikes. Good Luck on your search. By the way I am from North Adams Mass.
    RIDE TO EAT, EAT TO RIDE. (R.A.S & S.S.) 2001 Valkyrie Interstate. 2004 Magenta Goldwing. Veteran U.S.A.F.

Post Thanks / Like

Default trikes

Check out the trike board here and also the gwrra magazine. Should be able to read it online. There are also some for sale on e-bay. You can get in touch with someone on the forum to check it out for you who lives in the correct area.
    01 1800 / Yellow ( fastest color ) safety chrome
    Dunlop 3000GS 195x55x16 RF 32lb, Kuhmo RF 195/55/16 2nd bmt, Perelli RF 195/55/16,Michelin Alpine RF, centramatics

DS # 510

Does this tire make my butt look fat?
    May You always put your kickstand down as many times as you put it up!

Most of my life, I drank beer, rode bikes, and chased women..........the rest of it I wasted! ! !

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest to visit the trike section on this sight. First most every one will say the one they have is the best. Also you can visit manufactures web sight. Before you buy make sure you ride as many as possible. Do not buy any make until you ride one.
    Old Fred
    2012 Champion IRS Trike RED
    The older I get the better I used to be.
    People in stone houses should not throw glasses.

Post Thanks / Like

DARK SIDE #818

2006 BLACK
    RIP: jpinpa & The WV Cardinal
    You'll always be in our hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fred View Post
    I would suggest to visit the trike section on this sight. First most every one will say the one they have is the best. Also you can visit manufactures web sight. Before you buy make sure you ride as many as possible. Do not buy any make until you ride one.
    Old Fred
    Birds of a feather flock together

Halogen headlights suck!
    Prowler #13
    Darksider #707
    Want to play a game of f.ck off?! You go first

Seasoned Member trike lady 1500's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Come to Florida on vacation and leave with a new trike.
    In Inverness there is Trikes by Design and JR Harris Trikes, In Daytona there is the Trike Shop and Red Embers. In Kissimmee there is Trike Trader.
    You can also check through www.trikecorral.com for trike shops close to you.
    Check this page for your state: http://www.trikecorral.com/states/ma/massachusetts.htm

The busy beaver said, "I have one Dam job after another". Prowler# 11

Seasoned Member EarnhardtSPortsman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ride with SO before you buy. Each BRAND has it's own issues and owners maynot tell you this and each owner says they have the best...Straight axle kits are cheaper than IRS and each ride different. I do not have a dog in this fight but used to work in a trike shop. It is like Dodge,Chevy,Ford all over again. According to HONDA when a wing is triked YOU HAVE NO WARRANTY.PERIOD...Some dealers will trike and HONOR warranty if bought from them BUT if say a Tranny goes out and HONDA REP gets involved then I would guess NO FIX EM FREE. Items that do not require the Honda rep to look at shouldn't be a problem.I hope you find what you like but would advise to ride them all on the roads the way you will travel to get a feel for them as a parking lot demo will not do. Then you decide rake kit or not and the list goes on. Not trying to scare you just do a LOT of reading first before you buy. Lots of good info on the trike board. A good installer is number ONE priority and no shade tree or part time mechanics on the side. Most brands are fine, some cheaper than others and options help decide this. The wing itself is pretty trouble free. Some trike kits require dropping running boards to change oil, etc...Good Luck and good reading
    02 GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow (Just to mess with Z)
    Champion Colorado Trailer
    07 ST1300 ABS with goodies (SOLD)
    02 GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow (SOLD)
    DARKSIDE #1058 Kumho RF
    IBA #57201

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by sur48; 09-01-2012 at 04:51 PM.

You are hereby officially PROWLER #83.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Both are Hannigans
    Old Fred
    2012 Champion IRS Trike RED
    The older I get the better I used to be.
    People in stone houses should not throw glasses.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.