+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Cancer Risk: Motorcycle Seat EMF Radiation

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Motorcycle Cancer Risk: Motorcycle Seat EMF Radiation

Hi Everyone ,
    Does anyone have expierence with Cancer or EMF Radiation
    What do you all think about this situation ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qc6Q...eature=related

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Total and utter BS. But, believe whatever hair-brained ideas you wish. Might help with the nitrogen in your tires to make your deer whistles work better and the magnets give you 100 MPG.

Sent from my LePanII
    Love 'em all... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    LIMNCS #632 DS#1085 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP #19
    Trialsman Seminar Videos
    Swapping the Rear Wheel by Laying Her Down (youtube)

Post Thanks / Like

Most do not understand the difference between a "correlation" and "causation"

Fact: everyone who has drank milk has died
    Conclusion: Milk Kills

Same with EMF radiation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJREF View Post

Same with EMF radiation
    Very good analogy and example.
    Double Darksider #847
    IBA #54767 BB1500+
    Patriot Guard
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
    President John F. Kennedy

Post Thanks / Like

Cancer of the buttocks????

2010 Red GL1800 Traxxion/Centramatic
    2005 Silver GL1800-TE(sold)
    LIMNCS#1, GWRRA
    Iron Butt-B2B,BB1500,SS1000
    Michelin Alpin PA3-R, B'Stone 709-F

Post Thanks / Like

From the evidence I see, it must increase one or more growth hormone's!

1965 305 Dream White
    1993 Gl1500 Blue
    1996 Gl1500 Red
    2005 VTX1300
    2012 Pearl White GL1800

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest cause of death worldwide is birth. If we could wipe out birth then death would soon be a thing of the past.
    2002 Pearl Orange (R.I.P) 2008 Metalic Red

"The PoleCat"

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if he's ever taken any readings inside his house? You are exposed to various levels of EMF right in your own home due to all the electrical wiring in the house. Same applies to office bldgs., etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Default While we are on the subject.....

Seriously boys, has anyone ever heard of ANY CORRELATION between bike riding and prostate issues? Ever experience frequent urination during the night after a day of many hours in the saddle? There has been some conversation concerning the association of bicycle riding with prostate cancer among the professional riding groups, something about the form of the seat. Just wondering...
    Retired, love my bride, camping
    and riding the Wing
    08 GW
    Central Kentucky

Post Thanks / Like

This will be a great addition to my "tinfoil Hat line" Now Im adding the alumajock. Add that to your ATGATT!
    06 white Level 3 Traxxion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I wonder if he's ever taken any readings inside his house? You are exposed to various levels of EMF right in your own home due to all the electrical wiring in the house. Same applies to office bldgs., etc.
    I also wonder if he has taken any readings in his car................maybe he now travels by rickshaw..........

Joe
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    If loud pipes save lives, just imagine what actually learning how to ride could do......

1990 Yamaha FJ 1200

This is the Internet. It runs on drama.-Cablebandit

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone knows the leading cause of death is sex. A loooong time ago, my parents had sex and now I gotta die.

~~Texas Embassy~~ Hunterdon County, New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, I forwarded a link to this thread to an Attorney friend of mine to see what he had to say. I figured if there were ANY validity to this claim at all that the Law profession would already be on top of it. There would be as many TV commercials for EMF attorneys as there are for mesothelioma attorneys. He checked in some of his Law Journals and could find nothing of significance about it.

EMF comes form a number of sources which include household wiring, hair dryers, electric blankets, computers, television sets, microwave ovens and high voltage lines to name a few. Some of those sources have been around and in wide-spread use for many decades. He said that if large numbers of people were getting cancer that was directly traceable to EMF from electronic and electrical devices there would have already been lawsuits galore.

His line of reasoning makes a lot of sense to me. He said, "calm down Chicken Little, the sky is not falling". So, I guess I can remove my tin foil undies now.
    -- Jim --

................'05 GL1800 - '06 Piggy Backer
    ...........................USN '68 - '78

"When life throws you a curve, lean into it."........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Mays View Post
    Finally! So many guys have seen that I keep the entire underneath of my seats, layered with 5 layers of Aluminum Foil. They ask why and I just tell them I am protecting my jewels. Now we have scientific proof that all these years I was on to something!! Maybe we need to compare balls and see if mine are prettier than you guys that don't run the aluminum foil? So now in addition to Aluminum Belly Pans we will have Aluminum Ball Pans for under the seat! And I know you guys that like to make your own homemade ones are just going to try to save some money by doing it yourself, but you had better watch the video, this is nothing to be chintzy on!
    Please don't post any pictures!
    Ron C.
    2007 Dark Orange Metalic Wing
    2000 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer
    Chester County, PA
    Clermont, FL
    Prowler #20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbuc View Post
    Please don't post any pictures!
    My first thought as well!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    If loud pipes save lives, just imagine what actually learning how to ride could do......

1990 Yamaha FJ 1200

This is the Internet. It runs on drama.-Cablebandit

Seasoned Member
    Lovely Marlette,Mi. In the heart of the Thumb.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoleCat View Post
    The biggest cause of death worldwide is birth. If we could wipe out birth then death would soon be a thing of the past.
    Yeah, then living would be next biggest cause...

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Emf

I think some need a alumimun liner in their helment to keep Solar radiation off their brain.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJREF View Post

Same with EMF radiation

Lynn Dimick

07 Blue Airbag Darksider #137, IBA #33527, SS1000 BBG1500, AMA

Banned
    The Old North State, aka the Tar Heel State
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard of anything relating to this subject. I would imagine it would be so negligent on the type of Saddles we sit on, on these Wings, compared to a Ten Speed Bicycle! I know of two OLD Old men on this board that does 1000 mile days to my house, and then the next morning we do 1000 mile run up into Colorado, and I have not noticed them pissing any more or less! Seriously! I have never experienced any changes doing long days on a Wing, Nada! There have been some guys come on here and talked about numbness in the boys area, and they received some advice on what to do. I would imagine not correcting the numbness would result in some problems. Sure some experience sore ass, but the rest of the crap the guy was spewing was pure silliness in my opinion. Yours and others may differ.
    Got to remember this guy is trying sell his EMF commercial solution. EMP is everywhere...but certain high does is not good. When I managed multiple telecommunications facilities, HEMP (High-altitude Electromagnetic Pulse) hardened facilities were required, against nuclear blast. there is some truth to EMF or EMP dangers, but no medical evidence shown yet, that I can find that new bikes are the cause.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Wingleader09;3917792]Just out of curiosity, I forwarded a link to this thread to an Attorney friend of mine.....

I didn't know Attorneys had friends!

Bob VanNess

Waynesville, NC

Post Thanks / Like

I've been giving this some thought.

Seats are heated by Direct Current so there is very little change in the magnetic field they put out..... shoots that one down
    ABS controller is located back just above the rear wheel..... a little far away and very low powered ...... shoots that down also
    Engine Controller ... again not located under the seat.
    Fuel Pump... ok getting closer....Most motors are highly shielded not to prevent EMF but to keep the magnetic fields inside so they operate better.
    Altenator....Same as the fuel pump, designed to keep the fields inside.
    Spark Plugs .. Now there is a high EMF generations system ... but since they have been around long before the goldwing came out that kind of eliminates them.

Hmmmm How about long hours of sitting on the seats, this would seem to be somewhat related, low blood flow in the buttocks, cramped positioning of the testicles.

I think we might have hit on a winner here... Conclusion --- get off you A$$ every couple of hours and move around, wear the right kind of underwear and clothing.

Just might prevent damage to the boys and keep you from getting so heavy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I stole my wife's roll of tinfoil out of the kitchen and sneaked it into the shop, I am all good..........
    " The GL1800 " A grand motorcycle it is. For touring,fun and to see the world there is no other like it. Big and powerful and comfortable for those cross country rides. Also perhaps the very ultimate ambassador to itself and to those who ride it and meet new friends at the many meets and activities this machine brings to the equation.

Post Thanks / Like

No need to worry about the bike....I would worry more about the Gerbings and other electric gear that we encase our bodies in for those winter rides

Frank
    Bear, Delaware
    03 Candy Orange

Contributing Member ChickenWang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more afraid of Bluestreek-02's bug infecting my computer than I am of this radiation nonsense from my motorcycles . They both seem to make want to scratch certain places.

CW

OOPS Too Late!

My wife and I had words,
    But I didn't get to use mine !

2002 YELLOW GL1800 w2006 D.F.T. Trike Kit (2 up)
    2002 Orange VTX 1800R (1 up)
    1999 BLACK HD FLHTCUI (1 up)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Emf

As a schooled electrician we learned about counter EMF, it opposes EMF at 97 percent.

If anyone ever figures out how to eliminate it your ass will be fried.

Ed
    I'm very conservitave, I started life with nothing and still have most of it left.

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add some fuel to a dying fire - think about the noise that comes through your headsets from the alternator. There can be a LOT of noise on bikes and cars. And even if it is DC it is still a rotaitonal force and can create pulses. How many volts are passed through a spark plug?
    Lynn Dimick

07 Blue Airbag Darksider #137, IBA #33527, SS1000 BBG1500, AMA

Post Thanks / Like

Default EMF exposure assessment process

Well documented and researched... if you need guidelines for the assessment process>>>>

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/98-154/pdfs/98-154.pdf
    Larry Price
    Edgewood, WA

I run Hybrid Tires....
    Front: Bridgestone Exedra G709 130/70R-18
    Rear: Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55R-16

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard of anything relating to this subject. I would imagine it would be so negligent on the type of Saddles we sit on, on these Wings, compared to a Ten Speed Bicycle! I know of two OLD Old men on this board that does 1000 mile days to my house, and then the next morning we do 1000 mile run up into Colorado, and I have not noticed them pissing any more or less! Seriously! I have never experienced any changes doing long days on a Wing, Nada! There have been some guys come on here and talked about numbness in the boys area, and they received some advice on what to do. I would imagine not correcting the numbness would result in some problems. Sure some experience sore ass, but the rest of the crap the guy was spewing was pure silliness in my opinion. Yours and others may differ.
    Some guys are just natural-born "numb-nuts". Take the V.P. of manufacturing at my work, for instance...a Harley owner too, and a real live example of "numb nuts" I think it has some kind of an effect on his brain too. Whattaputz! Must be the ignition coils and wires running so close to the seat. With the GW, that shouldn't be a problem.

"To Ride Is The Reason...The Destination's The Excuse"

Darksider #1358 09/12/12 MICHELIN ALPIN 195/55/16

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Goldwing....1.8 litres of YEEEE HA!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Rick Mays;3917678]Finally! So many guys have seen that I keep the entire underneath of my seats, layered with 5 layers of Aluminum Foil. They ask why and I just tell them I am protecting my jewels. Now we have scientific proof that all these years I was on to something!! Maybe we need to compare balls and see if mine are prettier than you guys that don't run the aluminum foil? So now in addition to Aluminum Belly Pans we will have Aluminum Ball Pans for under the seat! And I know you guys that like to make your own homemade ones are just going to try to save some money by doing it yourself, but you had better watch the video, this is nothing to be chintzy on![/QUOTE]
    You don't "farkle" do you??? Any excuse to show off the "boys".

It's the 2nd definition that has me wondering...... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farkle

"To Ride Is The Reason...The Destination's The Excuse"

Darksider #1358 09/12/12 MICHELIN ALPIN 195/55/16

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Goldwing....1.8 litres of YEEEE HA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.