New 2013 Bagger Goldwing - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 2013 Bagger Goldwing

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Wing One;3957425]
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserjock View Post
    Personally I feel silly using reverse in public; I've only used reverse twice just to try it out. I just push it backwards into the parking space with my legs. But then I'm used to heavy bikes owning a 1.9L Stratoliner and 1.4L Concours; both without reverse. I think you're just spoiled.

=LJ=[/QUOTE

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Reverse is a nice convenience on a neavy motorcycle but not a necessity by any means. On a conversion trike with running boards, it is a necessity.

[QUOTE=Wing One;3957425]
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserjock View Post
    Personally I feel silly using reverse in public; I've only used reverse twice just to try it out. I just push it backwards into the parking space with my legs. But then I'm used to heavy bikes owning a 1.9L Stratoliner and 1.4L Concours; both without reverse. I think you're just spoiled.

=LJ=[/QUOTE

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ben721364;3957427]Reverse is a nice convenience on a neavy motorcycle but not a necessity by any means. On a conversion trike with running boards, it is a necessity.

I wonder if the Reverse circuitry is still in tact and perhaps they just left off the switch. After all, it is a function of the starter motor. Is it inconceivable that a trike company could tap into the starter motor and devise their own reverse?

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Cruiseman;3957487]
    Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
    Reverse is a nice convenience on a neavy motorcycle but not a necessity by any means. On a conversion trike with running boards, it is a necessity.

I wonder if the Reverse circuitry is still in tact and perhaps they just left off the switch. After all, it is a function of the starter motor. Is it inconceivable that a trike company could tap into the starter motor and devise their own reverse?
    I ask my dealer he said the F6B has reverse and cruise control. Happy, Happy Happy

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Cruiseman;3957487]
    Quote Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post

As far as I know all motorcycles that were equipped with reverse and then converted to trikes retain reverse. I know that both the BMW and the Honda 1f/2r trikes that I had were.

NY, Woodbourne, Home of "Shin-Grips" & Board Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why "Honda" has not done a better job with the introduction of the F6?

Very little is known about the F6, concerning standard equipment. I know about the Deluxe version, but little else.

Speculation abounds, and most of it sounds like political campaign promises. Lots of hope and no meat!

Like most others, I will have to wait for the straight poop to appear, from a credible source. (seems like Honda dealers are floundering in the information wasteland as well)!

My predictions are as follows:

The F6 will cut into GL 1800 sales based on price point.

The F6 will draw from the Victory and Harley-Davidson buyers.

Many current GL 1800 owners will either add an F6 to the stable, or swap out the GL 1800 for an F6.

Used GL 1800 prices will decrease slightly.

After market companies will show little interest in the F6, as few F6 owners will want to add much bling, if any at all. (perhaps: Kury black ISO grips w/throttle boss, windshield, PIAA lights, lower cowl lighting, vista cruise, GPS and mounts, seat and Kisan hesdlight/brake light flashers and signalMinder. Some of this stuff exists already, so nothing shaking with after market goodies).

JMHO

Bulldog

Post Thanks / Like

Default Original F6 was the European version of the Valkyrie.

I like this concept and I think the real audience for this bike is the Valkyrie riders, this is a real improvement on the Rune.
    1965 305 Superhawk, 1996 750 Magna, 2003 Valkyrie, 2002 GL 1800

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.