2013 9/11 ride : PA_Wash DC_NYC
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 9/11 ride : PA_Wash DC_NYC

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013 9/11 ride : PA_Wash DC_NYC

I registered today to participate in the 2013 America's 911 Memorial ride. The ride starts @ Somerset, PA (Shanksville - site of AA Flt #93 crash); continues on to the Pentagon & culminates @ Ground Zero in NYC. The ride is open to the 1st 1000 bikes that register. I did a PGR ride a few years ago that started @ the Antietam Battlefield in Sharpsburg, MD & went to Saratoga Springs Nat'l Cemetery in Saratoga Springs, NY...... I routed myself to Sharpsburg via Shanksville & visited the memorial then. This time around I hope to complete the "TriFecta" by visiting all 3 9/11 sites that changed our nation forever......

I've been wanting to do this ride for years & pulled the trigger today - sending in my $$

If any other Missourians are interested in doing this ride - lemme know..... Here's a link to the site : https://www.americas911ride.org/123abcd.php

Reply here -or- email me @ ShowMe177RG@Gmail.com

adios - Dave
    '09 Platinum Silver GL1800, DS #515

1st RF : Kuhmo Spt XRP RF, 195/55/16 @ 32 psi & 2 oz. Dynabeads - (replaced after 20K Miles)

2nd RF : Michelin Primacy Alpin RF, 195/55/16 @ 34 psi & 2 oz. Dynabeads

2. Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds really neat, but I just can't get away for that amount of time.
    2010 Black GL1800

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the edge of doing this ride for several yrs, but could never pull the trigger, usually for work reasons...... I've been self-employed for 40 yrs & have found someone to cover for me - allowing me to "escape" this year to do the ride.

I ordered my maps yesterday; downloaded the latest maps for my Zumo yesterday & will spend a lot of time between now'n'then deciding "what goes - what stays" equipment-wise, etc......

I will do several "tune-up" rides of 500 +/- mi. (on days-off; weekends-off; etc.,) when spring/summer arrive to get my petite lil' deirrerre in shape !

adios - Dave / Farmington

1st RF : Kuhmo Spt XRP RF, 195/55/16 @ 32 psi & 2 oz. Dynabeads - (replaced after 20K Miles)

Post Thanks / Like

I lived in Desloge for a few years back in the 90s. I'm sure there are plenty of nice rides to be found around there.
    2010 Black GL1800

Post Thanks / Like

I won't hold living in Desloge against you - as that's where I grew up (No. Harding St.) & graduated NCHS in '70.... I moved to Farmington after college & have been here ever since...... Desloge is still sputtering along - still picking fights w/all their n'bors.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Your rides, Bikes, Cars?

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.