Safe ride home from the Dells to all...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe ride home from the Dells to all...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Safe ride home from the Dells to all...

Hi,

Have a safe ride home today from the dells to all the riders from the weekend! I had an awesome time yesterday.

Randy and Laura et al, thanks for keeping this little get together going. That was a huge crowd we had for breakfast (73 I think i heard)! Wish I could have stayed for dinner but it would have been a late ride home.

Nice to meet the people I did yesterday at breakfast and on the ride.

Thanks to Randy, Laura and all the group leaders for the rides yesterday. The one I was on was quite an experience for me. Didnt know I could make the bike do some of the things I had to make it do yesterday! (could have done without driving through the wet cow manure though...:P)

As you get home, post your safe ride. Keep in touch everyone. Its congregating like we did yesteday that makes great times. I hope this to be the first of many "ride in" experiences.

dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

I echo Dave's sentiment / Safe ride home to all!!!!
    Words of Wisdom from the John

IB# 15140 World's Toughest Motorcycle riders!!
    GWRRA 123392
    MTF Tourers Assistant
    Riding on a MC Tire!!!
    2002 Silver 88,000 + Traded
    2005 Silver 144,859 deceased 6/3/09
    2009 Silver Born 7/15/09 deceased 10/9/10 - 43,442
    2010 Black Born 11/17/10 78,000 +
    2013 Tailwind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dknudson007 View Post
    Hi,

Have a safe ride home today from the dells to all the riders from the weekend! I had an awesome time yesterday.

Randy and Laura et al, thanks for keeping this little get together going. That was a huge crowd we had for breakfast (73 I think i heard)! Wish I could have stayed for dinner but it would have been a late ride home.

Nice to meet the people I did yesterday at breakfast and on the ride.

Thanks to Randy, Laura and all the group leaders for the rides yesterday. The one I was on was quite an experience for me. Didnt know I could make the bike do some of the things I had to make it do yesterday! (could have done without driving through the wet cow manure though...:P)

As you get home, post your safe ride. Keep in touch everyone. Its congregating like we did yesteday that makes great times. I hope this to be the first of many "ride in" experiences.

dave
    Betty and I are home . Much more to post later .
    Please , please do not forget about George and all he does to keep this going . Even though I have been appointed sec. There is no way in the entire world we could have any of this without his supervision , guidance and complete setting up breakfast .
    George ,
    Since you are my boss and the best one I ever had . I bow to you gladly !! Every good team needs a
    Leader , and your the man !!! Thanks buddy !!!
    Carry on , I got work to do before I call it a day and make a million posts before bed !!
    AMA# 816771 Darkside #462.1
    Western Hemisphere Darkside Cookie Sole Proprietor
    "When I ride alone , I prefer to be by myself " Rail Thorogood

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good . Where's Rail??http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Uz524yyLp4VPpM
    Where's Rail last 24hours http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ahHnkalxai42Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Nancy and I have just got home safe and sound had a good ride home going on some road that we have never traveled yet.
    Glad to have met everyone.
    Nancy did not freeze today she put on extra layer of cloth.
    Thanks Orrin for the great ride.
    Darkside # 1523
    Michelin Alpin Primacy pa3 zp 195-55-16 RF

2008 gl1800 nav, comfort, airbag, antilock, audio
    1996 gl1500 aspencade
    1972 harley SS 350 sprint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rail32 View Post
    Please , please do not forget about George and all he does to keep this going . Even though I have been appointed sec. There is no way in the entire world we could have any of this without his supervision , guidance and complete setting up breakfast .
    George ,
    Since you are my boss and the best one I ever had . I bow to you gladly !! Every good team needs a
    Carry on , I got work to do before I call it a day and make a million posts before bed !!
    Since I was unable to be there, looking forward to the pics/posts. Yes indeed, hats off to George for keeping this event going.

Post Thanks / Like

Sheri and I, R home..... Thanks George,Randy and Laura It was an AWESOME weekend. I met so many New people. And so many came from so far away. Thank You Long travelers I LOVE seeing people come together for 1 thing..........They Love to ride!!! It was Truly Great. Thanks once again to all who made it Great
    DARKSIDER #1112
    And have the patch to prove it!

195/55/16

http://www.murgie.com/dsi_roster.txt

Charter Member of the "I Hate Snow Club"
    Maker of DS paraphernalia

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Greg.....AKA 1500 rider for the Great ride on Sat
    DARKSIDER #1112
    And have the patch to prove it!

195/55/16

http://www.murgie.com/dsi_roster.txt

Charter Member of the "I Hate Snow Club"
    Maker of DS paraphernalia

Post Thanks / Like

George ,
    Agree... Hats off to George for not only keeping the Fall Ride-In going over the years, but expanding it to include the Spring as well.

Thank you George/Randy for letting me help out. It means alot to me, and is great fun! Thanks Orrin for setting up Friday dinner at MooseJaw Hats off to the ride leaders... I always hear what a great job you guys do at these things. (Thanks Mike/Cycledude, for donating that beautiful Amish made raspberry pie... Pics to follow!
    "Life's not a journey where you arrive in heaven in a well-preserved body...
    but rather where you skid in sideways saying, "Wow! That was one hell of a ride!"

Laura Weeks
    Lake Mills, WI

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived home safe and sound as well.

What a great weekend! Lots of thank yous to all of the fine folks that made this ride-in the good time it was.

Thanks Orrin for thinking up the whole Moose Jaw idea, and then for doing the leg work to get everything set with the restaurant. Walking in and seeing 60+ people all wearing antlers was a hoot, and a great way to get the weekend started.

A huge thanks to George and Rail for doing the lions share of organizing this weekend . We all know that a successful event like this does not just happen on it's own. Because of all of the behind the scenes work you guys do (before/during/after) people are able to simply show up and know they can have a good time without a care, and thats all because of you two. The WI board's riders are damn lucky to have people like you, as the ride-in and the WI board in general would not be half of what it is without your great attitude, hard work, and generosity.

Thanks to Laura for organizing the Saturday night dinner. ALthough we were not able to be there, the reports we heard were excellent. Again, it takes lots of phone calls and planning to make a group dinner a success, and this one was. Thanks also to those who donated door prizes.

Thanks once again to Java BobU and his 60 quart(?) mega coffee machine. Rail's "Gideon" brew pot was impressive as well! Not sure just who all made the treats we all enjoyed with our coffee, but Betty and others made some fantastic "health food" snacks.

It was so good to see what now are becoming our old friends, and to meet many new ones. We were lucky enough to ave our daughter Amie come and join us for the second half of the weekend, and she was really blown away by the kind of good people she met. She thinks you just might be a good influence on Jen and I LOL .

Our reservations have already been made to attend the Fall Ride-In . Hope to see you all there again.
    Ron
    2002 GL1800A - Darksider #1312

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first,
    and the lesson afterward" ~ Vernon Sanders Law

Post Thanks / Like

June and I are back at home. Again ..........a great big THANK YOU to ...........George, Rail, Orrin and Laura. Also to all the ride leaders and everyone that showed up. Lots of food and good laughs.

We had a wonderful time seeing and meeting everyone.

Breakfast Saturday morning. What a great showing I believe we heard 73 people. Great job

Lee and June
    Ride Safe Keep the shinny side up and rubber side down!
    My ride 04 1300VTX/R
    Wifes ride 03 St 1300A
    Our ride 2005 Goldwing 2008 Hannigan Trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Sue and I are home safe as well. As has already been said, but worth repeating, thanks to everyone who helped put this together. I know it is a lot of work.

Hope everyone else has a safe ride home as well.

Scott....
    Scott Davis
    Chetek, WI
    2006 Cabernet Red
    Darkside #944

Also bass fisherman (2011 Skeeter ZX225, 225 SHO)

Post Thanks / Like

Home safe and sound. I want to thank everyone who came this year. It really is you folks that make this great. Of course having Randy there for laughter and Betty's treats (also Tony's daughters) certainly adds a lot to this. I had a great time and thought Alamo was a good choice for dinner Saturday. Thank you Laura. I heard nothing but great reports about the rides and the leaders. Scott welcome to the toughest riders group. The high mileage riders.... Wow great job. Someday I will try to get in that group. I heard a rumor that Randy was riding home with our friend (Buzz 57) from up north. Then he plans to head back to look for CAC in Pennsylvania and personally ride to each guest's house to make sure they arrived home safe. (that should get his miles up there this year) Shelly thanks for helping Randy and I with the tickets. I had Anna block rooms for the fall ride. Call and make you reservations early. We would love to see all of you back this fall. Anna asked if you enjoyed your stay if we would please go out to their web site and follow the link to post a review about them. They try very hard to accommodate us. I think they do a great job.

GL1800riders.com WI Board's Toughest Riders (Charter Member).
    Real Riders Ride Year Round. Cold is only a state of mind, but snow
    sucks. Charter member of the "I Hate Snow" club.

Darksider #1025
    Wisconsin Patriot Guard #188329

Post Thanks / Like

From a new guy, thanks to all who made it possible. i had a good time meeting some of the folks behind the handles here.
    I had a nice ride home after stopping by Jammer's to grab a tire. Thanks Jim.
    Mark
    IBA #55039
    Dark Side #1073

Contributing Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Michele and I just got home funny how long it takes to drive 38 miles! we had an awesome time. Thanks to all that helped make this happen. We will definitely be back this fall. Nice to see familiar faces and meet many new ones.

Michele and Larry
    Have Trike Will Travel !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home safe

Beth and I are home safe, took the long way,

Randy stopped at a drive in, in your neck of the woods, kind of, think it was called dexter lake drive in, burger and onion rings and a nap in the sun made for a nice stop.

Glad to see all are getting home safe, Bob and Beth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobU View Post
    Beth and I are home safe, took the long way,

Randy stopped at a drive in, in your neck of the woods, kind of, think it was called dexter lake drive in, burger and onion rings and a nap in the sun made for a nice stop.

Glad to see all are getting home safe, Bob and Beth
    Yes Dexter Lake was it ok ? If owner is there food is much better . The kids ruin the place when there working .

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good . Where's Rail??http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Uz524yyLp4VPpM

Post Thanks / Like

Was nice to meet more of the group. Great time at Moose jaw and Paul Bunyan's . Didn't mind the wind that much on Saturday but it sure bugged my wife and and couple of the other gals. Hope to have the whole weekend off for the next one. Hope Pitt got home ok riding in 5th gear.
    Life was a rock until my Goldwing sold me. Gotta go riding so my inner biker told me. At the end of my rainbow lies my golden oldie.

74 Honda CB450
    79 Honda CB750K
    86 Honda Aspencade
    2004 GL1800 Durango Red (Current ride)
    Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 ZP

Post Thanks / Like

Ron and Mary are home safely. I took the scenic route and got home about 5:25PM. Five of us rode together from the motel through Wildcat Mountain, Rockton, Lansing IA (lunch at the Skinny Dip), then rode through Caledonia MN, Houston, Rushford, Lewiston, and Rolling Stone.
    As many of you know, I came to the Dells by way of Manassas VA where I picked up an Escapade trailer. The following picture was taken moments after pulling in the drive today.

A huge thanks to all who make this great event possible!

Ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG8837S.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	83668  
    Last edited by Ron Fuller; 05-12-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice looking rig Ron
    Words of Wisdom from the John

IB# 15140 World's Toughest Motorcycle riders!!
    GWRRA 123392
    MTF Tourers Assistant
    Riding on a MC Tire!!!
    2002 Silver 88,000 + Traded
    2005 Silver 144,859 deceased 6/3/09
    2009 Silver Born 7/15/09 deceased 10/9/10 - 43,442
    2010 Black Born 11/17/10 78,000 +
    2013 Tailwind

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet trailer Ron, glad you got it home safe.
    It was good to meet you along with everyone else.
    Mark
    IBA #55039
    Dark Side #1073

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear everyone getting home safe. Shelley made it home around 4:30 and I rolled in around 6:30. Thanks to everyone who makes this one of the best weekends (although I didn't hear much bragging from whoever (EZ) was in charge of weather). We made our reservation for the Fall Ride In and can't wait to see everyone again then. I've heard from Al and Matt and they got home okay too.
    Thanks Ron for letting me tag along to Virgina. Great riding with you.
    Ed & Shelley
    Last edited by rdcapt; 05-12-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Hannigan Trike Conversion with 180 Front End
    Front: Michelin Commander II 185/60/16 (41psi)
    Rear: Kumho 195/55/16 (Left rear 30psi, Right rear 30psi)
    Centramatic Wheel Balancer on Front
    IBA#37634
    PRG# 146711
    MTF Tourers Assistant
    Darkside #1044

Post Thanks / Like

Another great time had by Spike and I at the Dells. Made it home at 7:15. I rode to Wabasha with Ron Fuller's group, and then I split off and crossed back into God's country. Ended up with close to 400 miles on the way home.

Thanks again Ron Fuller, for being the guide on some great roads. That little burger place in IA was pretty cool.

Thanks George and Rail, for setting all this up. Thanks to Laura for setting up dinner at the Alamo. Thanks to 1500 rider for leading a great ride Saturday. All you guys/gal kicked ass.

And sorry to Tony, George and BigJammer for not making lunch at Monks on Friday. I totally forgot about it, till I was on my way to JJs BBQ in Nelson Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Fuller View Post
    Ron and Mary are home safely. I took the scenic route and got home about 5:25PM. Five of us rode together from the motel through Wildcat Mountain, Rockton, Lansing IA (lunch at the Skinny Dip), then rode through Caledonia MN, Houston, Rushford, Lewiston, and Rolling Stone.
    As many of you know, I came to the Dells by way of Manassas VA where I picked up an Escapade trailer. The following picture was taken moments after pulling in the drive today.

A huge thanks to all who make this great event possible!

Ron
    That is a very nice looking trailer, Ron.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed ya this weekend Murf .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Were home an repacking

Thank's Randy,George,Laura & all the ride leaders,and all the rest that made this spring ride in the best so farIt was great to meet all the newbee's and hope you all return with abunch of your friend's after you tell them about the good time you had Everything went so smooth and was so organized!! The weather could have been better but didn't hear any complaining because the conversation and BS was flowing Thank's 1500 rider for the great ride you lead and will see you all around this summer and for sure at the FALL RIDE. We just got trailer all repacked so we can take off in morning to NC for darkside ride in. We will try to catch up with Wade and wife on the way down.
    "2nd place is the first loser"
    "IBA #42136" Darkside #1151
    ""2009 L.E metallic blue wing"
    "Traxxion full monty with upper/lower triple tree"
    "2001 Apollo blue 1800 GW"
    "1997 CR500R"
    "1995 CR500R"
    "1994 CR250R"
    "1991 GSXR 1100 with inverted front forks"
    "1986 GSXR 1100"
    "1984 honda 1000 interceptor"
    "1983 honda 750 interceptor"
    "1979 Kaw 650 SR"
    "1977 Kaw 650 custom"
    "1975 yamaha DT 250"
    "1971 yamaha 60cc mini endero"

Post Thanks / Like

Janice and I are home also. Rolled in around 1400hrs. We had a great time. This was our first ride in at the Dells and I'm sure it will not be the last. We felt welcome from the time we roll in on Friday. George was there to greet us before I got off the bike. The food was very good all weekend. Thanks to all who set everything up. It was very well organized. Scott you did a great job with our ride Saturday. Janice must have really enjoyed herself. She is now on the board. (jtwingchick).
    Thanks again all for a great weekend.

The birth place of the Harley: Milwaukee, WI
    Post Thanks / Like

I and Dianna made it home safely, a little cooler going towards Lake Michigan, we are just starting to warm up. It was nice to see NEW faces from different PLACES. Sure hope they come back for the Fall ride inn with some of there other riding friends. Thanks to every one that had a hand, arm, or foot that was involved.

As being the official unofficial weatherman, wait until the Fall ride inn, you can expect a little or more of the same but not in same week as Rail's BD, but that's only if the stars and George's alien moon lines up and we can fix the two legged coffee maker no sooner than one week before the start of the Fall ride inn.

Thanks to everyone that made this happen, it's ALL OF YOU...
    Last edited by EZ Reiter; 05-12-2013 at 11:07 PM.

It all started with a 1970 Fox Campus Mini Bike
    2004 Candy Red 1800 ABS, 2004 Candy Red "the Breeze" trailer
    NRA Member
    EZ Reiter
    Darksider 1082
    195/55R-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP Run Flat

Post Thanks / Like

I missed ya this weekend Murf .
    I too missed ya'all! Reading all the posts and looking at the pics, you, George, Laura, Orrin and others put on one heck of an event/ride that was attended by a record number of folks. I had toyed with the idea of leaving here at 4 AM Sat morning in order to make the Paul Bunyan breakfast, but I had a late day Friday at work and I still was tired Sat morning and I couldn't drag myself out of the sack. One thing for sure, if I would have left Sat morning, I would have had one heck of a tail wind pushing the RGU to the Dells.

Looking forward to the fall ride and all the camaraderie; kicking the tires, lighting the fires, swapping stories, looking at all the farkles on on all the bikes, and last but not least, food!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Janice welcome to the board. Hope to see you post in here often. I always try to greet people as they arrive and get names. It is funny how many times I have to ask be fore I remember them all. Dang it. On my planet it is so easy to remember since each person transmits their name through telepathy. Ooops Did I say that??? It may have been cold but at least it kept the bugs down.

GL1800riders.com WI Board's Toughest Riders (Charter Member).
    Real Riders Ride Year Round. Cold is only a state of mind, but snow
    sucks. Charter member of the "I Hate Snow" club.

Darksider #1025
    Wisconsin Patriot Guard #188329

Post Thanks / Like

Karmen and I made it to Champagne IL..only put about 300 miles on today...on vacation ya know...Like everyone has stated a great big thank you to everyone who makes the ride-in so awesome...Fall room is already booked...

01 blue Michelin Primacy 195/55/16 dark side #1266 LIMNCS member #152

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.