GL1800Riders Forums banner

FOBO min/max

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  networkguy3 
#1 ·
I just bought a FOBO TPMS and was wondering what others have set their min/max thresholds based on recommended cold tire pressure. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
My front, which is a BT 45, is set to 38 #s with Min at 34 and max at 46. On the freeway at 75 mph, the front can get to 43 in mild weather and 45.5 in warmer weather. I'm thinking in the summer in Southwest, it will probably hit 48#s.

My rear, a Goodyear Driveguard run-flat, is set at 28# with Min at 26 and Max at 36#s. The rear tire holds heat a lot more than front.

#5 ·
Great choices of tires. That is what I am running and no issues with either tire.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Pressures

I use somewhat wider tolerances on the bottom side especially when dealing with cold mornings and evenings. I use 34 / 40 / 48 for my Stone in front and 24 / 28 / 36 for my RF rear. I generally check my tire pressure on my phone before going out on the highway. I do not let my tires get that low before seeking out an air hose. I've not ridden hard enough in hot enough temperatures to bump up against the high limits.

#10 ·
Networkguy,
Tire pressure should go up/down about the same for front and rear with changes in temperature, why is your low setting for the rear only 4 lower while front low setting is 6 lower or was the 24 a typo?
34 / 40 / 48 for my Stone in front and 24 / 28 / 36 for my RF rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.