GL1800Riders Forums banner

cruise control

4K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  michaelnel 
#1 ·
On my 02 wing I pretty much never used the cruise control. But on the 18 I find it very handy and easy to use.
I have noticed though, that it doesn't matter how many times you pull the headlight switch it will not de-activate the cruise control.:wink2::wink2:

#2 ·
On my 02 wing I pretty much never used the cruise control. But on the 18 I find it very handy and easy to use.
I have noticed though, that it doesn't matter how many times you

"......pull the headlight switch it will not de-activate the cruise control....." ???

Am I missing something ?? What are you talking about ?? Is this a joke/pun of some kind that it over my head ??

Inquiring minds want to know................

Thanks.

#3 ·
I have never owned a Goldwing where the headlights deactivates the cruise control.

To Cancel Cruise Control
To Disengage the System
• Press the cruise control main switch. (The
CRUISE MAIN indicator goes off and the
set speed will be erased from memory.)

To Temporarily Disengage the System
!aPerform one of the following operations
to disengage the system temporarily.
(CRUISE SET indicator temporarily goes
off but the set speed remains in
memory.)
• Apply the brake lever or pedal.
• Rotate the throttle grip past the
automatically closed position in the
deceleration direction.
• Disengage the

#12 ·
I got a chuckle from it too!

When first running the DCT, I missed having a clutch lever to deactivate the cruise --- til I found out the + paddle shifter would do the job.

I still miss being able to sometimes use the clutch lever for a finger rest.....

#19 ·
Hey Ken

I'm not sure anyone actually spoke to your question. I think you may be confusing the high beam switch with the switch just below it, which is the upshift paddle shifter and also acts as the forward walking mode switch. If you press this switch with the cruise control engaged, cruise control will indeed disengage. You were just hitting the wrong switch.

#23 ·
Trust me guys, it was joke. I know how to deactivate the cruise. But once in awhile I will hit the dimmer and wonder why it is not decelerating. Just like when you first started driving the dct and reached for the clutch when coming to a stop.

#25 ·
I think the CC works very well, but I ride mostly twisty mountain passes and it is not useful in those circumstances. I have also gotten spoiled by the adaptive CC on my Toyota Tacoma that uses radar to avoid running up on someone going slower than you are. The CC on the wing is pretty dumb, it will hold a speed but often that is NOT what I need for it to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.