GL1800Riders Forums banner

Let it snow...Let it snow....Let it snow...

4K views 155 replies 23 participants last post by  stuna 
#1 ·
Can not Ride...So Let It Snow...let it snow...So All You Mileage Eaters don't get to far ahead....Yes Lab Rider is still alive......can't say much for my bike..... Engine Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Car
Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire
it all started with a drip on the garage floor....finally got away from work to find the coolant leak....pressurized the system...found it under the gas tank, behind the engine...OK...I can do this....pulled the shelter...pulled the gas tank....I see it...yep right behind the engine next to the frame right in front of the rear shock...yep you guessed it...need to have a hand as small as a quarter and a wrench even small to get to it...OK...Pull the rear shock Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Tire
and reach in between the frame...got it...able to tighten the hose clamps....re-pressurize the system...nope....ended up pulling the two coolant hoses that surround the engine

Auto part Carburetor Automotive engine part Fuel line Engine
and meet to a third hose (see connector on top of engine) Auto part Engine Pipe Fuel line Exhaust system
...found that it was the plastic "Y" that
connects the three hoses behind the engine....now waiting for parts.... asfsadfsdf

So still alive...just not riding...hopefully within a week or two....

Look forward to seeing everyone at the Dells Ride In.....

See less See more
#52 ·
I know you are always hungry....I sure hope you didn't try one of those cow pies:lol:

Cow Pie = origin Baraboo , Wi. delish !!! I can only eat 3 in a setting as they are really rich .

#54 ·
Wade,

That is a used Corbin I picked of this winter to try. Got a really good price so wanted to see if the heated seat was worth it before I spent a lot to see.

I think I have the same feedback CycleDude gave me. I probably isn't needed and doesn't keep you warm like the heated coat and gloves do, but it sure feels nice...:)

Scott....
My bike has the comfort package with heated grips and seat. I don't have any heated clothing and I really appreciate the heated grips. Debbie and I never use the heated seats as the heat isn't needed there. Just the extremities get cold in weather like we are having now. I do have to say that I am a solo rider below forty degrees as Debbie doesn't enjoy riding that much in the cold.

#55 ·
#57 ·
It would be cool just watching that rabbit, melt in the pot. :thumbup:
And me saying " I'm melting , I'm melting " in a wicked witch voice .:cool:
You really out to stop letting on you think like me Walrus , your going to be labeled .

#58 ·
It would be cool just watching that rabbit, melt in the pot. :thumbup:
Gee Don, mixing that bunny with your pot may make it hard to get it lit.

#59 ·
I can probably say that I will probably upgrade the seat on mine also...Karmen was really eye balling it...nice lookin seat:thumbup:
Hang on to that thought Buddy. I might have one.

#61 ·
I want to try to sneak over to Hastings Mn before noon Saturday . Snowing there right now . Last year this time farmers around here had first crop hay off this week .
Been years since I remember a winter dragging on like the one . I think I was in high school yet.
THAT must have been a LONG time ago...... lol:thumbup:

#62 ·
THAT must have been a LONG time ago...... lol:thumbup:
Not in my mind :tongue:. Wanna visit , I am now allowing day passes :eek:4: after you sign a waiver of course .

#66 ·
Would that be the 22nd of June?
You guys comin to the Dells??? Think about it,theres going to be a butt load of peeps there from all over the country this year. Think about it seriously:thumbup:

#70 ·
Wheres the pic taken, of your avatar?

That is at Spider Lake Café on Hwy 77 north of the Chippewa Flowage and east of Hayward. Just a little mom & pop but decent food and off the beaten path. It is a pretty ride from home up through the Chippewa Flowage. The ride continuing north to Hwy 63 from there is also really nice but one section is dirt.

Scott...

#71 ·
Well another 2 inches of snow just fell and now turning to rain ish sleet mix . Not cool , not cool at all Mother Nature :?

#74 ·
Don't you darksiders run year round with snow tires in the winter?
I do :thumbup: ran Dunlop winter sport for a couple of years . Now I am running a Sunny snow master . But really a all season tire works well also .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.